Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DIY digi camo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

DIY digi camo Empty
PostSubject: DIY digi camo   DIY digi camo EmptyFri May 04, 2012 1:57 pm

Thought id let u guys in on my method of digi camo

First prep is everything!

Things needed are paint, 1" painters tape, sissors, a clean work space, some steel wool or 220 or higher grit sand paper ( I like a orbital sander ) clean rags and some acetone (for some plastic parts)

First dissassemble the marker completly

If u have already polished your internals now is a good time to tape them off

I like to just scuff (scratch) up the powder coat on the reciever halves and all smooth plastic pieces once im satisfied I blow off with compressed air and wipe clean with a clean rag and reassemble the marker minus all its guts and what ever pieces u dont want to paint ( grips mags etc)

no matter the pattern u need atleast three colors for this to look right preferably flat paint but with a good matte clear coat satin will work ok too

I prefer krylon over rustolium but not many colors avalible in krylon around my area so I use rustolium (do not try to mix krylon and rustolium)

I hang my markers from a rack in my garage for painting

When using rustolium on some plastics it is necessary to wipe them down with acetone on a rag for it to stick good....also can use paint thinner (mineral spirits) for this simply wet a rag with it and wipe it down then wipe it clean with a dry rag

Start with the lightest color in your pattern and completly paint the marker in that color many light coats letting dry 30 mins or so between coats till desired coverage is acheaved

While u r waiting for your coats to dry get out your sissers and 1" wide painters tape and cut thousands and thousands of 1/4"-3/8" wide 1" long strips of tape these r for ur pattern

After the first color has dried atleast 1hr u can start applying your pattern start buy overlapping 1/4"-3/8" one way or another so u make random blotches stripes etc until u r satisfied with a pattern.

Time for the next lightest color paint the same as the first color light coats letting dry 30mins each coat till desired level of color let dry

Time for more tape strips same sizes randomly between 1/4"-3/8" apply them so they overlap your last pattern by 1/4"-1/2 dont completly outline your last pattern tho as it will look too uniform so just randomly leave spots and holes for the last color to mate next to the first color again once satisfied with pattern coverage time for ccolor three

Paint the same as coat 1-2 let dry 4hrs before peeling the tape off

As u peel the tape off u will see ur creation come to life once all the tape is peeled off let paint cure for 24 hrs and then coat in a matte clear coat

Enjoy fella's
will add step by step pics later
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

DIY digi camo Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY digi camo   DIY digi camo EmptySat May 05, 2012 1:41 pm

Rep'd :)
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator