Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Magfed Markers.

Go down 
+3
AЯЅфП
Gramps
Brock
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

Magfed Markers. Empty
PostSubject: Magfed Markers.   Magfed Markers. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 1:31 am

So i wanted to get a conversation going about markers,... what youve used, what you like/dislike about certain ones,.. etc. Figured Id start with Magfed.

Ill start with a quick list of what ive used:

my first magfed gun was my TPX (yep, no I ) I actually owned serial number 00024. I freally liked it, but i had a hard time with jams and had to play with 7 instead of 8,.. (which is what they ended up doing n e ways,..) I ended up selling it,i cant remember for what,... I liked that it was light. I liked where the CO2 was,... felt good in my hand.

Then I got a Tib 9.1 ranger...THAT was a cool gun. Rifle that becomes a pistol. I didnt like the size of the grip, or the cost of the mags,.. but the air in the grip was cool. It was reliable,... did well with paint,... not really any other complaints,.. pain in the ass to disassemble,..

then I got a BT sa17 (kinda a fringe magfed but w/e) I didnt like the toploading mag,.. but i did like the cocking mechanism. This one was light, a bit long, and had a rifle kit. No stock option,.. but it was sweet. Cheap too.

Then i used the mkv kit a bunch and really liked that,.. i had mag issues,... but as for a decent ready to use magfed, it was pretty ok. id say middle of the road. when i went to buy my own,... i saw that you get nickle and dimed if you want it a certain way,.. (i.e. Magwell trigger guard gap cover, pins for under the grip, sold out trigger guards etc)

i SHOT a Dye DAM,.. but thats it. It felt cool. Shouldered like a dream. IDK how i feel about flippy mags yet,..

so,.. lets get  a convo going,.. watcha think?
Back to top Go down
https://alphablack.forumotion.com
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

Magfed Markers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magfed Markers.   Magfed Markers. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 1:33 am

oh and i forgot,.. I now own two TiPx's and 12 mags Magfed Markers. 826595371
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Gramps

Magfed Markers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magfed Markers.   Magfed Markers. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 2:07 am

So far all I have used is the TiPX and the SA8(Law Enforcement version of T8). I really like the TiPX due to its size and cost of mags. I have yet to have any problems with it, also have 8 mags currently.
The SA8/T8 is a nice shooter, but you really need large hands to be real comfortable with it, the grip is huge. The CO2 in the mag is a plus, but when you change mags you are a bit loud and unless your fast your opponent can rush you and you will have it in one hand and the mag in the other.

I use my TiPX as a back up but I have also ran with it as a primary. I don't think I can say enough good about it.
It looks more like real steel than others and the way the mag release works is a dream. IF you are a shooter of real steel using it will come naturally to you.
As far as long arms, I have been looking at the 468 or maybe the Tiberius t15 when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

Magfed Markers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magfed Markers.   Magfed Markers. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 2:55 am

im interested in that Spyder that came out,.. i wanna shoot it... see how it is

n that t8 is dead accurate,... i used one in a game,... headshot from 20 yards
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

Magfed Markers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magfed Markers.   Magfed Markers. EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Well other then the Arc loader that I used, semi mag fed
Tpx is the only mag fed marker I have used.

Loved it but unfortunately I had to pay bills
Back to top Go down
kragaxe
Private
Private

Magfed Markers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magfed Markers.   Magfed Markers. EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 6:22 pm

One of my friends brought out a brand new Dye Assault Matrix marker. He had an "ultralight" barrel, but I don't remember the brand. The marker was light and quiet. I didn't get to shoot it, but I watched him clear a forest during one game.  I got shot twice out of a three shot burst at ~35 yards. I knew I was visible, but was about to make a break for it and honestly didn't think the opposing force could take the shot. This guy leans out from behind a barrel about 35 yards out and rips three at the half of my body exposed. I took one on the bicep and one in the armpit. He turned and took out two more guys at even farther. He ended up clearing 6 of 9 on our team. Didn't seem to have any issues with feeds or accuracy.

The mags were pretty cool. He was running two mags bound together. Each mag has two columns for holding balls. Very easy to load/eject/switch during game play. I was checking it out the end of the game. He was going to let me use it the next game, but I had to take off. I'll be sure and try it out next time we're out! At $1300, it's out of my current hobby price range, but I thought it was pretty impressive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kragaxe.com
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

Magfed Markers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magfed Markers.   Magfed Markers. EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 6:59 pm

yea my team had some deal for 1000 flat, but thats too much even then
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

Magfed Markers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magfed Markers.   Magfed Markers. EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 3:16 pm

Still love my Tacamo kit after making some modifications for the FS rounds:
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

Magfed Markers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magfed Markers.   Magfed Markers. EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 1:43 am

Saw your "how to" vid on your bolt mod.
Thing shoots like a beast brother Sy.Magfed Markers. 1278422126 

It's such a big shame Cr*p4 don't do full d-mag, mag fed conversion kit, with trigger guard & supply em all with the fs round bolts too.
All in one bundle type deal instead of making everyone get every basic part seperatly.
Poor marketing. 

And if the fs bolt shoots regular pb's just fine, then why do they put the other type in the kit, instead of having to buy yet another part......ggggrrrrrrr.

Rant over  Mad
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

Magfed Markers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magfed Markers.   Magfed Markers. EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 1:53 am

The only mag-fed markers I have ever even shot were my two tipx's. They are just plain amazing. I have 10 mags and I carry all 10 (1 in each gun, 1 in each holster, 2 3-mag holders on my belt), and I just have a ball with them. They can be loud, at time, but they are great for running fast around your enemy. Sometimes I even trick the other team that I'm their team-mate, and then I shoot them from behind/surrender them! Just plain fun.
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html
Sponsored content

Magfed Markers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magfed Markers.   Magfed Markers. Empty

Back to top Go down

Magfed Markers.
Page 1 of 1