Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How To: TiPX First Strike Mod

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

How To: TiPX First Strike Mod Empty
PostSubject: How To: TiPX First Strike Mod   How To: TiPX First Strike Mod EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 11:53 pm

Original guide done by Lee Lattanzio at Tipx owners group

Step 1: remove your barrel block from your TPX or TiPX depending on what you want to call it
How To: TiPX First Strike Mod 1_zps098196e4

Step 2: more of a tip, but screw your barrel into the barrel block, this will prevent confusion as to which side gets squared and which doesn't. (my friend already made that mistake)
How To: TiPX First Strike Mod 2_zps087557e6

Step 3 and 4: take a first strike round and size up the current .68 cal hole and get a rough idea of how it's going to feed into the barrel block. (Personally I leave a little bit of room between the curve of the hole and the front of the FS round as they typically have some minor defects from the sealing process.

How To: TiPX First Strike Mod 4_zpsb7d79903
How To: TiPX First Strike Mod 3_zpsa66143e8

Step 5: take a black marker (I recommend industrial kinds as the regular sharpie will rub off) and draw out the shape of the FS round, fill in everything so you can see what you're removing as you go along.

How To: TiPX First Strike Mod 5_zps859c24b2

Step 6: begin filing/milling/cutting (I prefer to use a hand file so as to make 0 mistakes.) the area that you colored in. make sure that you stay perpendicular when filing/milling/cutting so that it's a straight shot in
How To: TiPX First Strike Mod 6_zpsb35292cd

Step 7: make sure that as you go you try to fit the FS round into the slot to make sure you're doing it correctly. (I literally check every minute as I'm meticulous/OCD like that)

How To: TiPX First Strike Mod 7_zpsb4ad1b85

Step 8: Keep filing away until you've got the basic "D" Shape.
How To: TiPX First Strike Mod 8_zpsed4af7ff

Step 9: The sides of the "D" shape are what will cause the FS round to catch, make sure you file them down until they are at the same height as the inner chamber that's rounded to match the barrel. You should ALSO FILE the straight portion of the rear at a 45 degree angle so that the fins slide in to place and don't catch on a corner.
How To: TiPX First Strike Mod 9_zpsce36b8b3

Step 10: once the FS round can slide into the barrel block easily without getting held up, file all around the edges at a 45 degree angle to make it much easier for the FS round to slide into the breach properly and guided.

How To: TiPX First Strike Mod 10_zpsd0b1cb7e

Step #11: This is the hand file I use, very simple and cheap, takes me about 2 hours of filing/checking/ fitting to get the block completed. (Takes this long because I check fitting constantly and I'm very meticulous about my work)
How To: TiPX First Strike Mod 11_zps0d9f4fca

I take between 25 and 50 FS rounds and check that each one passes through easily, if you find that some have a problem, file a little bit off the sides and the rear, it should only need minor adjustments at this point
How To: TiPX First Strike Mod 12_zps419bf061

Step 12: Finally re-assemble your TPX or TiPX with your brand new (well kinda) barrel block and give it a test fire.

How To: TiPX First Strike Mod 13_zps685f4b31

How To: TiPX First Strike Mod 14_zps50b7cfcb

Last edited by Brock on Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://alphablack.forumotion.com
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

How To: TiPX First Strike Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To: TiPX First Strike Mod   How To: TiPX First Strike Mod EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 12:09 am

Back to top Go down
https://alphablack.forumotion.com

How To: TiPX First Strike Mod
Page 1 of 1