Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lonewolf03
Private
Private

Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo... Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo...   Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo... EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:26 pm

Alright, so, I need some barrel advice. I've been using the standard barrel for the Project Salvo, but now I'm looking to upgrade. I'm thinking a 14inch barrel will do the trick. I'd also like it to have a M4/Commando style muzzle brake. I was looking at the J&J 14inch barrel with a commando style muzzle brake, but I couldn't find any good reviews on it. If you have any barrel suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo...   Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo... EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:41 pm

I'd either go with a lapco or j&j..love the lapco...just got the j&j barrel kit with an apex but haven't shot anything through it...ever thought of going with like an apex2 with a 14inch barrel?
Back to top Go down
Lonewolf03
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo...   Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo... EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:46 pm

How does the lapco perform?
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo...   Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo... EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:01 pm

Performs quite well...zippo for breaks and most of the paintballs hit their intended target or close to...
Back to top Go down
Lonewolf03
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo...   Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo... EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:27 pm

Nice. Where did you buy yours from?
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo...   Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo... EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Actually bought it used off of here...normally its like a $50 dollar item or so and can be had from here http://www.hustlepaintball.com/Lapco-BigShot-14-in-687-Tippmann-98-98Custom-Alpha-Black-Bead-Blasted-Black?&search_id=1356135
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo...   Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo... EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:54 pm

Im running a flasc 9" w/ 3" ported extension and tip on mine. gives you some flexability on configuration using them because of all the different lengths. did that so i could run a 12" barrel with the stock handgaurd and have it not look out of place in my eye. shoots pretty good too
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo...   Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo... EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 1:44 pm

the best set up imo

is deadly winds fibure with freak inserts, its just such a nice barrel
and quite
its worth a pretty penny but remember quality only hurts the wallet once
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo...   Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo... EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:37 pm

^^^ true but the dude is like 13...dunno if he can afford high dollar items like that :)
Back to top Go down
EnVii
Private
Private
EnVii

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo...   Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo... EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:43 pm

Yea I have a flasc micro barrel with a 9 inch extension. I run it with a M4 muzzle break or an apex2 tip. It's pretty quit
Back to top Go down
Lonewolf03
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo...   Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo... EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:22 pm

StormShadowz wrote:
^^^ true but the dude is like 13...dunno if he can afford high dollar items like that :)
I only have what money I make from mowing lawns. High dollar items don't work well with my assets.
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo...   Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo... EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 1:29 pm

I would go thru other forums and check their B/S/T and msg the members
since mostly likely you wont be able to post there (post requirements)
and check around for a J&J edge kit they can be had for about $50-$60
it will allow you to paint size and pick the proper bore for accuracy
Back to top Go down
Lonewolf03
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo...   Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo... EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:44 pm

I'm thinking about getting this CP barrel. http://store.customproducts.us/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=214&categoryID=38
All the reviews are good and it fits my budget. My only question is, what bore size should I get?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo...   Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo... Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for a good barrel for my Project Salvo...
Page 1 of 1