Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fore grip usage style

Go down 
+3
CptShadow
StormShadowz
project salvo pro
7 posters

Which option do you prefer?
Option One
Fore grip usage style Vote_lcap33%Fore grip usage style Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Option Two
Fore grip usage style Vote_lcap22%Fore grip usage style Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Option Three
Fore grip usage style Vote_lcap44%Fore grip usage style Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
Other(explain)
Fore grip usage style Vote_lcap0%Fore grip usage style Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

Fore grip usage style Empty
PostSubject: Fore grip usage style   Fore grip usage style EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:07 pm

I just thought I'd throw up this poll/discussion thread about how people use their fore grips or how they just hold their marker if they don't have a fore grip.
Option One: I personally prefer the first one because I feel it offers the most control of the marker. It lets me snap shoot with great accuracy holding down multiple people with ease. Do to this grip style I think I'm going to invest in an AFG2 from magpul. They're designed to aid in 'Thumb Over Bore' shooting style that I use.
Fore grip usage style DSCN2550
Fore grip usage style DSCN2558
Red=gripping area
Fore grip usage style DSCN2559-1

Option Two: I predict this to be the most common due to the way most fore grips are set up. It helps support the weight but doesn't do the best in manipulation of the rifle/marker.
Fore grip usage style DSCN2552
Fore grip usage style DSCN2556
Red=gripping area
Fore grip usage style DSCN2559-2

Option Three: This form of holding the rifle/marker is often accidentally used by users of the second method or intentionally used by people who don't have fore grips. I would strongly recommend that if you use this method to teach yourself to use one of the first two. This method is also used as a form of resting your arm from fatigue because it is very near the balance point of most AR based rifles/markers.
Fore grip usage style DSCN2553
Fore grip usage style DSCN2557
Red=gripping area
Fore grip usage style DSCN2559-3

So what do you prefer.
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Fore grip usage style   Fore grip usage style EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:14 pm

# 3..i have a magwell grip...its the most comfortable grip out of all the fore grips i own
Back to top Go down
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

PostSubject: Re: Fore grip usage style   Fore grip usage style EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:20 pm

StormShadowz wrote:
# 3..i have a magwell grip...its the most comfortable grip out of all the fore grips i own
I agree that it's the most comfortable but I just don't think there's enough control there. I started using that form but after some experimenting I found #1 was the best for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fore grip usage style   Fore grip usage style EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:40 am

i play 3 alot, although i have a vertical grip, i find theat my hand comes closer, either cus im weak or its just more comfortable, im gonna try with a mag well grip that is rail mounted so i can move it fore and aft
Back to top Go down
CptShadow
Private
Private
CptShadow

PostSubject: Re: Fore grip usage style   Fore grip usage style EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:49 am

Option 1 all the way, being a Magpul Dynamic fan myself and a firearm enthusiast, I practiced a lot with different style of grip and foregrips and ended up like many going for the AFG, after a while I just realised the AFG was not the best option for me and opted for a stub grip like my Tango Down that I currently have on my salvo.
Fore grip usage style DSCF4053

A tip for those who don't really know where and how to choose a foregrip, ask around to try those of teammates of other players around, it's THE best way to choose one and ask to try it out on your marker. If it feel awkward, then it's not the right one for you period.

Hope it'll help someone,

Shadow out.
Back to top Go down
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

PostSubject: Re: Fore grip usage style   Fore grip usage style EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:05 am

CptShadow wrote:
Option 1 all the way, being a Magpul Dynamic fan myself and a firearm enthusiast, I practiced a lot with different style of grip and foregrips and ended up like many going for the AFG, after a while I just realised the AFG was not the best option for me and opted for a stub grip like my Tango Down that I currently have on my salvo.
Fore grip usage style DSCF4053

A tip for those who don't really know where and how to choose a foregrip, ask around to try those of teammates of other players around, it's THE best way to choose one and ask to try it out on your marker. If it feel awkward, then it's not the right one for you period.

Hope it'll help someone,

Shadow out.
Hey Shadow, been a while. Great advice!
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Fore grip usage style   Fore grip usage style EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:01 am

I have to use #3 because I don't have a foregrip, or rail covers for the other two options to feel comfortable, but I want to get an AFG for #1.
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: Fore grip usage style   Fore grip usage style EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:38 am

Although I have a fore-grip equipped normally, I always end up using option 3.

I need something like below, and free up the rail for some other accessory.

Fore grip usage style Hotsale-FAB-DEFENSE-foregrip-magazine-holder-MG-20_8754034_1.bak
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Fore grip usage style   Fore grip usage style EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:01 am

project salvo pro wrote:
StormShadowz wrote:
I agree that it's the most comfortable but I just don't think there's enough control there. I started using that form but after some experimenting I found #1 was the best for me.

to each his own but i kinda utilize both grip styles...still like the magwell grip...better control for me

Fore grip usage style 523662_10151897671495361_1074997656_n
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fore grip usage style   Fore grip usage style EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:03 am

That's just what I need for a grip Storm. Pop me a msg on where you picked it up or the brand name if you could later.
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Fore grip usage style   Fore grip usage style EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:06 am

i picked it up for 20 at a local sports store :)
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Fore grip usage style   Fore grip usage style EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:17 pm

I like my folding grip as I use it vertical or folded which then puts it in the option one

like I have said I like options Very Happy
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Fore grip usage style   Fore grip usage style EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 3:43 pm

I use a combo of #2 and #3 as well. I am looking at cutting down the length of my foregrip though...too long in my opinion. I like the stock one on the A5...much smaller but still easy to grip.

the foregrip comes in especially handy with the boxmag setup.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: Fore grip usage style   Fore grip usage style EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:40 am

Personally i like the standard vertical grip option.
As it helps to support the weight and balance of my marker, cos mine weighs a tonne.
It helps with any recoil too, although i would like to try an AFG.
And do want to buy a magwell grip too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fore grip usage style   Fore grip usage style Empty

Back to top Go down

Fore grip usage style
Page 1 of 1