Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!

Go down 
+3
StormShadowz
David199619
project salvo pro
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! Empty
PostSubject: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:37 am

and one thats under $40! needs to fit my 14" apex2 without tape mod...
Back to top Go down
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:49 am

If you have a salvo you can just cut the stock shroud to your desired length and if you have the AB here is a shroud slightly shorter than the salvo one. If that isn't short enough you can buy the salvo shroud here and, like previously stated, can cut it down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:14 am

yeah thought about the PS shroud earlier too. but i dont wanna mess it up and waste $40 ya kno? however, i doo like the trinity one. how does it stay in place though???
Back to top Go down
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:21 am

It uses set screws. Basically It's four screws that are on the shroud and tighten down onto the barrel for a tight hold. A lot of shrouds attach like this or their piggy back shrouds like this.

Also, please don't use such harsh language due to this being a family friendly forum. Thank You.
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:32 am

Yeah Gaboon, you can't curse on here...but I say we can say "crap" since they said it on multiple kid shows before haha....on nickelodeon btw.
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:47 am

if you have any skill at modding you can use pvc piping and make a cqb shroud from scratch for under 40 bux
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:24 pm

Rap4 do a metal shroud available in different sizes that's barrel mounted dude. scratch
Or check out EBay, there's always a few Chinese knock off shrouds on there too for a fraction of the price. :)
Then there's the Magpul MOE shroud too. scratch
You can pick up one of those for about 20$ with a bit of hunting on EBay. :)
Back to top Go down
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:40 pm

The MOE might look really cool with an apex coming out of it.
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:00 pm

Edited for family friendliness. :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:11 pm

Here's an idea of what the MOE might look like.
where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! Myweapon15
BTW here's a link to the MOE shroud: LINK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 3:08 pm

my apologies for the language, i forget im on a forum sometimes:P srry, and i do like the MOE. does it have a bottom rail??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 3:10 pm

StormShadowz wrote:
if you have any skill at modding you can use pvc piping and make a cqb shroud from scratch for under 40 bux
haha i thought EXACTLY the same thing last night! great minds think alike cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 3:11 pm

nvrmnd, the piggyback one is it! i love it!!!!
Back to top Go down
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 3:30 pm

For the piggyback you'll need to do a flat top on your marker and some modification to the rail system may be necessary to give the feed neck clearance.
There are multiple types of piggyback rails like:
CASAV(my favorite) Link
SIR Rails (Couldn't find link)
Ect.
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:10 pm

For the sir shroud...just check out the gallery...i have one on the salvo...and have a casv on my mk7
Back to top Go down
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:21 pm

StormShadowz wrote:
For the sir shroud...just check out the gallery...i have one on the salvo...and have a casv on my mk7
where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! 20120325165802
Back to top Go down
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS
omgtheqbistoast

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 3:44 am

I'm interested about these MOE shrouds now guys, what does it take to get one of those put on an AB so that it doesn't wiggle loose or anything?
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 8:38 am

well the moe is a two piece shroud..i think you need a delta ring for it...would probably have to mod to fit it
Back to top Go down
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS
omgtheqbistoast

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 2:43 pm

so storm essentially what you're telling me is I'm better off finishing my project shrouds. LOL
Back to top Go down
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 3:17 pm

The link that I posted for the MOE I think just has set screws
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 10:51 am

omgtheqbistoast wrote:
so storm essentially what you're telling me is I'm better off finishing my project shrouds. LOL

you can if you want or spend the 20+ bux and get a magpul moe handguard/shroud...anyways i didnt see any set screws in this install vid

Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 9:22 pm

omgtheqbistoast wrote:

heres an idea for you :)
this is off the wmdguns.com site.. look under the WMD NiB-X AR15 gallery
Back to top Go down
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS
omgtheqbistoast

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 6:34 pm

What exactly am I looking for Storm?
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 6:52 pm

a shroud
Back to top Go down
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS
omgtheqbistoast

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:32 pm

Correction, wasn't looking in the right place. i see what you're getting at. Would be an interesting setup for sure. I'm not really big on taclights and the like anyway, just want a place to put the iron sights near the end of the barrel and have it be all lined up nice and neat with my setup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!   where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?! Empty

Back to top Go down

where the hell do i find a good CQB shroud?!?!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next