Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods*

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* Empty
PostSubject: Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods*   Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:48 am

OP= Stormshadowz

After posting a few pics of my PS a few ppl have asked how i "extended" tip of the apex2 14" barrel..here's my "how to"..

Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* Dscn0705o

Just to verify that it is a 14" apex2

Looks like the 14" barrel is gonna make but it falls short LOL

Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* Dscn0707b

Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* Dscn0708t

Not even close

Here's the fun part which is relatively easy...

1) slide the ramp switch all the way to the front of tip and the pull the tip cover off.

Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* Dscn0709

2) once the cover is off you will see 4 rubber o-rings..2 front and 2 back..i took a small flat head screw driver and gently pried off.

Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* Dscn0710

Then once removed both halves will come apart
Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* Dscn0711y

now for the barrel side...what i did was wrapped 2 locations on the with electrical tape.
.Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* Dscn0714b
What this does is to give the barrel a nice snug fit once you extend the tip

When you have the desired amount of tape wrapped around the barrel..(basically trial and error..i wrap once around at both locations and then test fit it on to the apex tip..you'll probably have to do this at least 3 or so times)..you will want to mate the first groove on the barrel with the last rib on the apex tip

Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* Dscn0715pr

Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* Dscn0716f

And then put everything back together in the reverse and viola your apex2 barrel has gained an inch

Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* Dscn0717q

no more fitment issues
Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* Dscn0718

Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* Dscn0704t

Nice fit..and nice look imho

Hope this helps

Any questions feel free to ask
Back to top Go down
https://alphablack.forumotion.com
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

PostSubject: Re: Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods*   Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:18 am

I anybody is feeling iffy about this mod, don't be! It's a fantastic mod that I've done a slight alteration on. In mine I actually had a different barrel(smart parts milsim 16) and cut it down and tape modded it.
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods*   Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:56 am

nice man....:) REP'd
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods*   Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:56 am

Wondered when this see your famous "How to" for a 14" apex again.
Have some Rep Storm. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods*   Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 7:53 pm

Ahh this mod worked wonders :)
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods*   Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Necro post... how did you get around the ramp paddle hanging loose in the barrel and breaking paint? When I did this mod with mine I had to field strip mid game and change it back because I was getting a break every 5th shot.
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods*   Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 8:04 pm

The only thing i can think of is that the ramp wasnt seated properly when you first did the mod...
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods*   Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Erm, this sounds stupid, but when I put the ramp on backwards it made everything mess up and do what you described.
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods*   Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:41 pm

Heh never thought about that..repped
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods*   Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:46 pm

Thank you very much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods*   Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 6:28 am

StormShadowz wrote:
The only thing i can think of is that the ramp wasnt seated properly when you first did the mod...

David199619 wrote:
Erm, this sounds stupid, but when I put the ramp on backwards it made everything mess up and do what you described.

Don't know if the barrel design changed at all but in mine the paddle only fits one way. Found that when the barrel was in it's "modded" position there was nothing holding the paddle up and even with the ramp switch in it's off position the paddle was hanging down and flapping freely. The paint was just slapping against it each time I fired. And don't worry David, that thought occurred to me when I was putting it back together when I first did the mod and the selector switch was stiff Razz

Did think about taping it in place but that would take away the whole reason for having an Apex2. Oh well, the search for a 2" spacer/bore sizer that fits in the PS shroud continues lol Or I could sell it to my mate for his BT Delta and buy the 18" (which I didn't want Crying or Very sad )

Edit: Actually, does anyone have the 14" Apex2 that comes in 3 parts? If so do you know if (at all) it's possible to get a "replacement" Spyder --> BT4 thread adapter identical to the one that comes in the kit?

As the threads are similar it's the only part of the barrel that I could extend without changing the profile of the barrel itself and it wont be too much of a bodge job.
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods*   Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 4:06 pm

I have no idea, but if you really can't do the tape mod they make apex ready barrels. and you can get an adaptor for J&J barrels, and a few others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods*   Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:49 am

I'd do that if money wasn't an issue fella but the Uk is rubbish for earning a wage at the mo :-( I'll have to make do with selling it and getting something else.
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods*   Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:43 am

still odd...i rocked my mod for like 6 months before i changed my whole setup and never had a hiccup...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods*   Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods* Empty

Back to top Go down

Modifying 14" apex2 to fit PS/AB *Thank you Mods*
Page 1 of 1