Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

back out on the field finally!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kragaxe
Private
Private

back out on the field finally! Empty
PostSubject: back out on the field finally!   back out on the field finally! EmptyWed May 28, 2014 10:48 pm

I hadn't been out since last November when I severely tore up my left hand ripping the cartilage in several places around the index finger knuckle. Still gives me problems, but it's as good as it's going to get now! I've also lost almost 20 lbs!

Anyway....I got some new gear for Christmas and finally got a chance to get out on the field the last couple Sundays. I switched out my original gravity feed hopper for a cyclone feed and changed out barrels again.

I'm now running a 12" CP Classic barrel, .685" dia. When I first got it I fired a half dozen through it in the back yard and they were flying in corkscrews even at 30'. I was really disappointed. Due to an oversight, I went out a couple weekends back and grabbed the wrong barrel and was stuck using the CP. This time, however, it was spot on. It was really unusually accurate. I was shooting cheap draxxus midnight and tournament balls. I went back out this past Sunday and same thing...dead nuts on accuracy. I was pulling off shots at unusually long distances with virtually no curve at all, just compensation for ball drop.

To put a ball through the barrel with it off the marker, I can't blow it through with mouth pressure, yet they fly unbelievably straight.

The cyclone was like night and day compared to having to shake my hopper to ensure a ball dropped into the chamber! I go through more paint now, but I can live with that.  Very Happy 

I had to redo my barrel shroud to fit the new barrel. I used thin-walled aluminum this time instead of the chrome-moly tubing I used last time so it's lighter. I'll get a pic up of the new setup this weekend.

It's great to be back out on the field!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kragaxe.com

back out on the field finally!
Page 1 of 1