Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Really need some advice today

Go down 
+3
StormShadowz
Gramps
EnVii
7 posters
AuthorMessage
EnVii
Private
Private
EnVii

Really need some advice today  Empty
PostSubject: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:16 pm

I was playing 3 on 3 today before a lot of people showed up today. There was two kids between the ages of 12 and 14, one on each team. After clearing out the first two one of the little kids was the only one left. I moved across the left side and flanked him. Before I came around the corner I yelled surrender multiple times loud enough for people 50 yards away to hear and continued yelling it as I came around the corner. As I turned the kid was backing up with his gun pointed at me. I fired twice because I didn't have the gun in a ready position since I didn't think he would turn down the surrender. I feel bad that I did it but I felt a threat that his gun was pointed up at me. I have also had this problem with some older people while playing. Did I do the right thing by firing from such a close range or what? scratch
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:24 pm

How far away were you ? It does sound like you played by the rules there.

The folks I play with have the surrender rule for 10ft or less, and they are ALL TOLD if you fire or dont surender in a reasonable time, (I know the suprise can get you for a moment) then all bets are off because you will be shot.

I have surrendered people at less than 10 feet, once about 6 and he turn, brought up his marker and he was double tapped in the chest, experienced player too, he knew I had him cold.

The main thing I would do is after talk to the kid, make sure he is ok, and explain why you shot him, give him some advice so it doesnt happen next time.

Something else to consider as well is was the kid a new player or has he played before? I had doing it to newbies but if I give THEM the choice and they dont take it I WILL fire on them. Then I ask if they are ok, explain I had the drop and help them out.
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
EnVii
Private
Private
EnVii

PostSubject: Re: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:35 am

Well gramps I think he has played before because he was with his cousin who is always there and he had a paintball jersey on (may have been his cousins). I talked to him after and he did pull the trigger and miss thankfully.
I think I was 10 feet away but as I said I offered it before I came around the corner so he has about 5 seconds to think. Our rule is 20 feet.
I guess I feel bad since he was smaller and I put one right in the center of his chest.
I had one other instance that I guess still has me confused with the surrender rule that I guess makes me question when it's right. I don't want to shoot someone point blank because my girl friend has been hit from within 5 feet away when she surrendered without being asked and I know it really hurt her and I wouldn't want that to happen to someone else but at the same time I don't want to get hit from point blank after out playing the player(s)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:16 am

if he didnt want to get shot he should have shot you first

or atleast accepted the surrender

id say no foul
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:44 am

maybe explain the rules of engagement before starting a game?
Back to top Go down
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

PostSubject: Re: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:48 am

i was playing a game of zombies with my t8.1 and was down to one clip, and had a zombie roll up on me and a buddy. he barrel tagged (made surrender) the other guy, who was about 25 feet from me.

he saw me,....

(thumpthump thumpthump)

i saw him,...

(thumpthump thumpthump)

he raised his rifle....

(thumpthump thumpthump)

i raised my pistol.

(thumpthump thumpthump)

two shots erupted from each gun. His A5 puffing smoke after each paintball, while the loud crack of my T8 signaled the second shot was all air

i watched as my one round hit the zombie dead center in the mask

but my victory was short lived as less than a second later, one of his shots streaked paint across my view as well. double head shot. at 25 feet.

prolly woulda hurt anywhere else. Really need some advice today  645225677
Back to top Go down
https://alphablack.forumotion.com
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:59 am

Double headshot... affraid

Bet that would've been funny to see. Really need some advice today  2468752815
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:04 am

You did the right thing...especially if the rules were known at the beginning of the game. This is one rule we really stress. If you are going to surrender make sure that marker is held in the air as well as stating that you surrender...if you dont...too bad...so sad...your going to get lit up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
EnVii
Private
Private
EnVii

PostSubject: Re: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:21 am

The owner is usually the one that gives the safety speech and he is very serious about safety so I think he covers the surrender rule pretty well (it's been about a year since I had mine so I'm not sure)
I guess in a way he brought it on himself.
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:27 am

I had the same thing happen to me...my friend was sneaking up on me from my right flank from 12 feet away...I didn't ask him to surrender, because I know he is a competitor...so I gave him a single shot elimination. He would have done the same thing to me...I do not surrender! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:32 am

Haha SY.
Can't beat that old motto....

No retreat, no surrender. :)
Really need some advice today  2431999527
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:21 pm

you did the right thing
if you called out surrender and he did not
he is FAIR game!

no matter how close if he wants to pull a fast one then take him out Wink
Back to top Go down
EnVii
Private
Private
EnVii

PostSubject: Re: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Thanks for the help so far guys. I have one more question about a similar incident.

If you offer surrender and that person(s) tries running would y'all still fire or chase?
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:44 pm

running=refusal to your offer to surrender...so game on
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:46 pm

That's an open invitation to unload!
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:49 pm

oohh a hunt!

if he runs, im chasing and not stopping firing until he is hit lol
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:45 pm

running = target
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Really need some advice today  581556444 :ditto:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Gramps wrote:
running = moving target

FIXED :giggle:
Back to top Go down
EnVii
Private
Private
EnVii

PostSubject: Re: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:40 pm

yea when it happened it was 3 people who accidentally walked up on me. needless to say the flag carrier took 3 to the hand, another took a few before he could get away, and the guy I had offered surrender right before who tried shooting me and had been taken out also got hit again.

I was high off of adrenaline after that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Really need some advice today    Really need some advice today  Empty

Back to top Go down

Really need some advice today
Page 1 of 1