Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS
omgtheqbistoast

Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... Empty
PostSubject: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptyMon May 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Let me know what you guys think, I'm looking for answers to the issue with the flat top and a few other questions that I'd like answered.

Feel free to throw some ideas to me.
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptyMon May 28, 2012 10:41 pm

Lol why did you change your username??

And 1 question, is that a bolt and nut, or just a bolt on there? I've heard that people use a bolt and nut so do this so when they screw in the bolt, it gets tights somehow. I'm not sure how they do it. I had to do the flat-top with JB weld and didn't do this at all. SO I'm probably not the BEST person for this.

As for the airline, I used electrical tape and it works fine.

As for the rocket cock, I don't know how to do this since I'm modding mine to put a M4 charging handle, but Dunk-Almighty put a rocket cock on his Salvo. He modded it with his dremel. Sadly he is moving and doing work on a house and won't be back until...around June 12th.

AND FOR THE BOLT, this is GREAT advice, my AB was chopping like crazy, then I installed a new bolt and powertube assembly, now it shoots..just amazing!!! I'll put a before and after video in a minute.

The name of this is called the Rufus Dawg Bolt And Powertube Assembly, click the name to go to hustlepaintball.com's one.

Edit: Here are the videos, btw these are a couple months old (February and March) so my gun looks different from the two videos, except for the paint, and I've cut off the handle since then lmfao:

BEFORE THE RUFUS DAWG THING:

AFTER INSTALLING THE RUFUS DAWG THING:
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS
omgtheqbistoast

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:02 am

David, as far as the JB Weld thing, how do you get your marker apart to service it after that?
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:18 am

omgthequarterbackistoast wrote:
David, as far as the JB Weld thing, how do you get your marker apart to service it after that?

You only JB weld it to the one shell, so you can easily take it apart just like normal Very Happy
Back to top Go down
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS
omgtheqbistoast

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:44 am

So basically only JB weld it to the right or left side of the shell, I think I get it.
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:57 am

omgthequarterbackistoast wrote:
So basically only JB weld it to the right or left side of the shell, I think I get it.

Yeah only one clam shell, doesn't matter which one.
Back to top Go down
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS
omgtheqbistoast

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:13 am

awesome, thanks for the help, I'll definitely do that, I've gotta do the same for the shrouds that I'm gonna work with anyway so yeah...
Back to top Go down
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:26 am

do the side that has the logo on it. then when u disassemble, ius not in ur way
Back to top Go down
https://alphablack.forumotion.com
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptyTue May 29, 2012 4:26 am

Brock wrote:
do the side that has the logo on it. then when u disassemble, ius not in ur way

Yes!!! Very much so!
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptyTue May 29, 2012 4:16 pm

PMed you omg.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:48 pm

wouldnt an allen screw slightly bigger than the hole solve your wiggling problem?..i know when i flat topped my last AB thats what i did :)
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptyThu May 31, 2012 8:27 pm

StormShadowz wrote:
wouldnt an allen screw slightly bigger than the hole solve your wiggling problem?..i know when i flat topped my last AB thats what i did :)

Hmm, didn't think about that! Hope he sees that before he JB welds it haha.
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptyThu May 31, 2012 8:43 pm

JB weld...isnt that great
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptyThu May 31, 2012 10:11 pm

Lol okays...
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:45 am

For mine I used a self tapping screw slightly larger than the hole I drilled...worked out well and has held up over the last 5 years! No JB Weld needed.

From the video, it looks like the screw is just slightly too long. A lock washer of the same diameter should rasie the screw up slightly and eliminate the wiggle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS
omgtheqbistoast

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:11 pm

I gotta get the time to go to the hardware store and then to my dad's place (he has almost all the tools in the family) and if we need to make any "adjustments" to the washer or anything we can do that there.

I will try the allen screw with a slightly larger diameter than the hole though as well.
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 5:28 pm

Here's a tip that might be useful ....before you screw the Allen screws in..loosen the receivers halves just a little..enough to get the screws for the flat top started...once they are just barely started.. tighten the receiver halves up and then start screwing your Allen screws down...should self thread :)
Back to top Go down
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS
omgtheqbistoast

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 6:37 pm

Much appreciated Storm, I'll definitely try that too.
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 12:35 am

no problem..i try to help when needed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS
omgtheqbistoast

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 7:26 pm

Hopefully when I get this week's paycheck I'll be able to start the work on everything, I'm gonna buy lock washers AND JB Weld this week when I go down to my dad's place and probably end up spending some time in the garage with him trying to get the damn rail to stay in place. Also guys, anybody know where would be a good place (sporting goods or otherwise to maybe get a longer SINGLE rail for the flat top and then be able to hold the other two off for maybe my shroud once I get everything together for that.
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 7:51 pm

academy sports usually has them...if you have an academy sports in your area..if not any local airsoft place will have them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...   Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me... Empty

Back to top Go down

Flat Top problem, questions and an introduction to me...
Page 1 of 1