Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? Empty
PostSubject: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:46 pm

It's in the video, thought it would be easier with a video...

Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:53 pm

easy fix...just take the shroud off...then diassemble the shroud itself...split it apart...then lay your barrel in one half...mark on the barrel where the shroud ribs are at....then e-tape where you marked...get the desired amount of tape on there ..then reassemble the shroud with the barrel still attached ...
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:55 pm

StormShadowz wrote:
easy fix...just take the shroud off...then diassemble the shroud itself...split it apart...then lay your barrel in one half...mark on the barrel where the shroud ribs are at....then e-tape where you marked...get the desired amount of tape on there ..then reassemble the shroud with the barrel still attached ...

I'll try that and post back in here, glad I picked up electrical tape haha!

How many contact points should I put on?
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:58 pm

depends...the alpha shroud has 3 ribs..im pretty sure the salvo shroud has 3 too..thats the sucky part of that shroud...most aftermarket barrels i used with the salvo shroud were wobbly..so i tape modded all of them lol
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:00 pm

Lmfao, Okay I'll try that, and one other thing, will I still be able to fully take out the barrel without taking off the shroud? I want to be able to take it off if I have to clean it out because of a break. (Although, that would be really rare, because when I shoot full auto it shoots every shot with no jams or anything haha)
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:04 pm

depends on how much tape you use.....i used quite a bit..enough so that when i screwed the 2 halves back together it acted like a clamp on to the barrel...cleaning wasnt a big deal...just flipped the cyclone over and stuck a barrel cleaner down it...and if i got hit on the shroud....id just run hot water on to the shroud to clean the hits :)
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Wait, then how the hell did you screw the barrel in AND get the shroud in? Lol...
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:10 pm

FUUU! I can't take apart my shroud because I can't get the MBUS front sight off because I still don't have metric allen keys...
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:17 pm

David199619 wrote:
Wait, then how the hell did you screw the barrel in AND get the shroud in? Lol...

i have man hands LOL....you dont have to use the same amount of tape i used.....just go in sections..tape it..put the shroud together and see if its enough...repeat the process till YOU are satisfied with it :) (to where the barrel spins some so you can screw it back into the receiver )..THEN put everything back together....oh yeah...you cant do that..NO ALLEN KEYS haha..i told you i would send you some
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:21 pm

StormShadowz wrote:
David199619 wrote:

i have man hands LOL....you dont have to use the same amount of tape i used.....just go in sections..tape it..put the shroud together and see if its enough...repeat the process till YOU are satisfied with it :) (to where the barrel spins some so you can screw it back into the receiver )..THEN put everything back together....oh yeah...you cant do that..NO ALLEN KEYS haha..i told you i would send you some

Lol, I'll get some tomorrow, I'm going to different stores and whatnot...and I'll definitely try that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:28 pm

affraid walmart dont have em?
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:29 pm

StormShadowz wrote:
affraid walmart dont have em?

Wait, they don't?

Last edited by David199619 on Wed May 23, 2012 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:31 pm

thats what i was asking you LOL...silly boy
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Oh! Lol, just found something, does this one look good?

Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:35 pm

puuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrFECT
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Okay cool, I'll see if they have it in the store tomorrow, if not, I'll just order it online Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:50 pm

is it the shroud thats moving, or the barrel itself?
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:01 pm

I don't know, a lot of things shake on my marker that I need to fix haha!
Back to top Go down
EnVii
Private
Private
EnVii

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:00 am

David that was kinda the problem I was having. It surprisingly started moving a lot less after taking my marker apart and cleaning it and putting it back together. But Storm is right the tape helps a lot. Especially when you tape the barrel near the end of the shroud
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:05 pm

I wrapped some tape around the front of my barrel, so it contacts the very front of the shroud.
It's a snug fit. but screws in fairly easy-ish & is nice n secure. :)

It's just abit of trial n error & do it very neatly and tight so it doesnt wiggle loose after you've taken your barrel out a few times.

You don't have to take your shroud apart dude. :)
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Okay, I tried doing that, but I guess I didn't put enough on :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???   WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky??? Empty

Back to top Go down

WTF? Why is my barrel so shaky???
Page 1 of 1