Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :(

Go down 
5 posters

Which Plan? (Read below to find out the plans)
Plan A
Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :( Vote_lcap100%Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :( Vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
Plan B
Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :( Vote_lcap0%Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :( Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :( Empty
PostSubject: Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :(   Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :( EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 2:18 am

So my barrel is too wide to do the tape mod (But only at the tip). It is shown in my signature, or in this picture:

This picture is old, so don't mind the carry handle.

Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :( 2012-03-17180253

So I was thinking, how do I fit the apex on here??

I posted this in another thread so I thought I'd make another thread just about this:

"My step father is a machinist, he actually milled down my AB to a nice smooth shine on the top after cutting off the handle. And I wouldn't want it milled down smooth and then have to tape mod it. I have a J&J barrel adapter (No J&J barrel, long story) that I can try to fit on the barrel after getting it milled down a bit. Then just JB weld, then put JB weld on the seam, sand down, and paint. Would that work?"

SO what do you guys think? Will it work? The adapter is made to fit over a barrel and is set there with set screws but there are no places where it will be secure, and not affect my shot while using screws.

Plan A: The plan in green above

Plan B: Cut out the shape of an Apex Ready barrel into my barrel with a cutting bit on a dremel, and just slap on the Apex2.

Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :(   Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :( EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 9:33 am

Not sure if plan b will work...you got to cut out about a 1/16 of metal around the barrel twice for the
apex 2 to fit around the barrel tip to fit...thats alot of metal so id be concerned with the integrity of barrel since it will be weakened at those points...at least thats what im thinking...im not at home to compare thicknesses of the stock apex barrel to other barrels...
Back to top Go down
Tuflehundon
Mod/Marines
Mod/Marines
Tuflehundon

PostSubject: Re: Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :(   Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :( EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:13 am

If your step dad is a machinist, I'd go with option 1
Back to top Go down
http://teamdevilops.weebly.com/
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :(   Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :( EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:23 pm

Ya i agree with Tufle

plan b sounds definitely like it should be plan Z......
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :(   Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :( EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:50 pm

Okay, will go with Plan A then. Thanks for the feedback Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :(   Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :( EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:00 pm

Have you had your barrel chopped yet bro? scratch
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :(   Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :( EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:43 pm

God damnit, I forgot. I'm forgetful. Will ask about it ;P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :(   Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :( Empty

Back to top Go down

Need to get apex2 on my odd barrel......TAPE MOD WON'T WORK :(
Page 1 of 1