Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

my back up alpha black

Go down 
+2
RedPanda
StormShadowz
6 posters
AuthorMessage

my back up alpha black Empty
PostSubject: my back up alpha black   my back up alpha black EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:34 am

Well guys I snagged up three nib alpha black standards a while back for a steal

As u know they do not come with a stock or a shroud....this is how they come out of the box

my back up alpha black IMG_20120504_090111

Of coarse I had to polish the internals even the sear and hammer atleast where the sear engages it...clicky pen spring modd....split ball detent....now for my secret I replaced the sear trip spring on the trigger assembly this took alot of trial and error....i have a room full of rc cars trucks and boats so small springs of all sizes and strength handy...to stiff gives full auto to the point a cyclone cant keep up any softer and it wont fire all the time I prolly tried 20 springs +or- found three stiff enuf for 3-6 rd burst before the sear catches the hammer again...also added the heavy duty sear spring for the rt......i forgot to take pics but will test this out prolly a few thousand rds and take pics of wear......also I got this shroud and stock from storm....after paint

my back up alpha black IMG_20120504_090135

my back up alpha black IMG_20120504_110450

Close up

my back up alpha black IMG_20120504_110459

Still need a cyclone and some other bits but I think itll be comparable to my salvo with rt cyclone and all of tech t's goodies

Last edited by eavery on Fri May 04, 2012 12:24 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling....darn phone)
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: my back up alpha black   my back up alpha black EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:18 am

Nice job man....apex fits pretty good in there Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my back up alpha black   my back up alpha black EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:31 am

Yes it does .....i did alittle more with the dremil on the one side just so I can still spin the apex freely and put the front two screws in the shroud the slight gap drove me nuts ....dunno y I didnt do this before when I hacked 2" off a salvo shroud
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: my back up alpha black   my back up alpha black EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:45 am

Cool cool.....i have to say the paint job is phenomenal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my back up alpha black   my back up alpha black EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:59 am

Thank U....the lack of natural light doesnt do it justice it really pops out in the sun light I used 5 colors ...next one is getting 8 color with digi tiger stripe ...i thought this took a while (24+hrs) .....the digi background+digi tiger stripe is gana take twice as long or longer .....hrs and hrs of cutting and placing tape.....i may break out my air brush and try a stencil out of graph paper
Back to top Go down
RedPanda
Private
Private
RedPanda

PostSubject: Re: my back up alpha black   my back up alpha black EmptyFri May 04, 2012 1:16 pm

it looks very impressive, and i bet it looked sweet in the sunlight. cant wait to see the 8 color one
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: my back up alpha black   my back up alpha black EmptyFri May 04, 2012 1:39 pm

dude thats killer marker right there
nice job on the paint!

the top pic is how i had my first marker like
until i found this (well old site) site

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my back up alpha black   my back up alpha black EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:40 pm

TThanks fella's I cant wait to get it finished and take it out once to c how it does
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: my back up alpha black   my back up alpha black EmptySat May 05, 2012 4:00 am

Paintjob looks killer. :twisted:
Very smart, alternative way of doing a digi p-job.
Looks very cool.
Looks good without the side rails on the shroud too.

Have some rep. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: my back up alpha black   my back up alpha black EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:58 am

it almost looks 3D-ish my back up alpha black 3696926579
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: my back up alpha black   my back up alpha black EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:03 am

It does a bit.
Looks fairly simple to do too.
But I bet it was time consuming.

If mine gets re-painted, I'm seriously contemplating doing some sort of version of this paintjob.
It is unique & very cool. 8)

Have some more rep..............just cos I can. Laughing Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my back up alpha black   my back up alpha black EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:48 am

Dunk it is easy to do just time consuming ......takes longer to cut the little strips of tape than anything else

Storm the 3D ish look is from the layers going from light to dark even tho the darkest colors r on top they look like the first layer
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: my back up alpha black   my back up alpha black EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:17 pm

love that paintjob, makes it almost seem to blur in front of you, Killer Job! I cant wait to see pics of it outside
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: my back up alpha black   my back up alpha black EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:59 pm

Looks awesome man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my back up alpha black   my back up alpha black Empty

Back to top Go down

my back up alpha black
Page 1 of 1