Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit

Go down 
+3
David199619
StormShadowz
syclops
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Looks B.A SY.
Love the vids too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 6:16 pm

Not to get to off topic but it certainly looked like it was aluminum in their vid showing the mkv internal air update from feb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 1:00 pm

evilelvis wrote:
Me and Sy are going to start the Church of MAGFED. You all will convert. Once you MAGFED you never go back

So, can I ask you to play devil's advocate for a minute? As the preacher's of magfed church, tell us why NOT to get magfed. Magfed is a big investment. I have a stock AB, and I am interested in either going cyclone or magfed. I obviously don't want to invest in a cyclone if I end up going magfed. If magfed helps me save in the long run on field paint by keeping me from spraying $50 of paint all over each round, I'm all for it. That being said, there's alot of talk out there about issues with magfed kits. Can you summarize these and present us the cons with stability, cost, and general use of the magfed kits for the AB and Salvo?

Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:02 am

I would also say to get the Rufus Dawg bolt and powertube assembly haha Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:38 am

Nafers wrote:
evilelvis wrote:
Me and Sy are going to start the Church of MAGFED. You all will convert. Once you MAGFED you never go back

So, can I ask you to play devil's advocate for a minute? As the preacher's of magfed church, tell us why NOT to get magfed. Magfed is a big investment. I have a stock AB, and I am interested in either going cyclone or magfed. I obviously don't want to invest in a cyclone if I end up going magfed. If magfed helps me save in the long run on field paint by keeping me from spraying $50 of paint all over each round, I'm all for it. That being said, there's alot of talk out there about issues with magfed kits. Can you summarize these and present us the cons with stability, cost, and general use of the magfed kits for the AB and Salvo?

Pros:
1. More milsim than having a hopper
2.. players profile is lower
3. You have to hone your tactical skills as a player, patience, accuracy, communication and manueverability.
4. It will cost less for paint over time.

Cons:
1. Upfront Cost the cheapest option...the tacamo kit will cost $134 out of the box with 1 mag. If you plan on going full mag...you will need more or a box mag.
2. During long scenarios...you either better have many mags, or pods for magazine refills (will slow you down and make you vulnerable).

I really don't have any issues with my kit...in fact I have been impressed that it has performed well at 20bps. I expected at least 1 ball break...nothing yet
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 12:55 am

u know what? seeing ur gun made me less worried about that gap between the mag and trigger,.. i really wanna do magfed... *counts pennies*
Back to top Go down
https://alphablack.forumotion.com
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:44 am

Just added a pic of the SAS Pin a traded for with DUNK...check out the 1st post!
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:26 pm

Finally got the ergo trigger guard, internal air and solid remote buffer tube for the stock. Sad to say, I opted to trim down the Fang Trigger instead of modifying the new guard. Its still fires like a rapped ape!

BTW...the kit complicates taking your marker apart a little bit and will take some getting used to.

A few things:
1) For you guys getting this same set up, you will need to place a tank o-ring between the solid remote buffer tube and the internal air inlet. This will seal that area perfect.
2) I ordered the non-Milspec buffer tube (Solid Remote stock adapter) and my stock is actually a little small. I plan to use a drum sander/adapter to sand the inside of my stock out a little so it frees it up a little...to tell you the truth, I think they sent me the Milspec remote adapter...the Milspec adapter works with the Magpul stock. Kind of a pain in the butt...but whatever!
3) To me it feels like the remote adapter nipple...(yes...I said nipple!) is too sharp or long or something. I'm going to replace it with one from my current remote adapter.

My initial review on the upgrades is that the setup is SOLID!!!! Looks and feels like a real firearm. I get to take it out on Sunday to play. Ill update this thread after I get a little experience with it.

On to the quick pics:

SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 IMAG0008

SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 IMAG0007-1

Foot shot:
SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 IMAG0006
Back to top Go down
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 4:26 am

how much was the trigger guard?

looks like that foregrip needs to go up a bit...

so with the conversion kit, and the guard,.. whats the cost on those up to now? i know it gradually increased at launch to a certain price, but has it come down at all yet?
Back to top Go down
https://alphablack.forumotion.com
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:19 am

syclops wrote:
Just added a pic of the SAS Pin a traded for with DUNK...check out the 1st post!

No probs mate. :)
And thanks for the Triarius patch.
Liking the new trigger guard, makes it look just that little bit more beasty. SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 3558609848
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:28 pm

SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 IMAG0380

A little better picture.

Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:44 pm

Trigger guard = $25
Internal air = $79
Remote stock adapter =$34
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:08 pm

Looks bad ass bro!
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:10 pm

I may need a towel...
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:43 am

syclops wrote:
Trigger guard = $25
Internal air = $79
Remote stock adapter =$34

Satisfaction when you score a head shot with that beast = Priceless :)
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:12 am

Thanks boys! The true test comes today...big game with the guys...got allot of new guys coming out today. Prayfor good weather!
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:33 pm

i think it looks 10x better without the boxmag...dunno but the boxmag just throws the whole marker off with the added trigger guard
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 1:31 pm

StormShadowz wrote:
i think it looks 10x better without the boxmag...dunno but the boxmag just throws the whole marker off with the added trigger guard
Got agree a little there.
Think the box mag looks better on the LMG themed markers.
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:32 pm

Hmm, didn't see the boxmag picture until now, doesn't look that flush to me.
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:52 pm

Yep...I like the looks with regular magazines too.
Back to top Go down
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS
omgtheqbistoast

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:48 pm

This whole thread is full of win. I gotta go with the consensus here though Sy, not feeling that boxmag. If you were to go more LMG style with it, maybe change out the grip for a folding bipod and use it to lay down suppressive for a squad of guys (say when we go to D-Day Oklahoma perhaps? Hmm HMMMM?! LOL)
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:53 am

So after playingwith the j&j and an apex 2 tape mod I decided to shorten the salvo shroud to accommodate the apex 2 barrel. I just want satisfied with the look and performance of the tape barrel. So I broke out the hack sawand sander and here is the result:

SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 IMAG0397

Now I just need an opportunity to try it out! Let me know what you think.

Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 12:51 pm

that looks killler man!!!1
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 7:12 pm

Actually looks pretty good sy!
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:06 pm

Like it bro.
FTW SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 333632776
It'd look more CQB-ish now too, if you decided to bob on a shorter barrel.
If the mood struck. SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 3087466689

Repped your piccie. :) SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 3340931858
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit   SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SY's Alpha Black Tacamo Conversion Kit
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next