Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling

Go down 
+4
Casper
David199619
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Gramps
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gramps
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Gramps

DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling Empty
PostSubject: DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling   DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 3:05 pm

Credit goes to Matt at AR15.com

DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling Sling1
Best thing, its the same type of sling that can cost as much as 40 bucks, you'll build it for under $11!

here we go

Step 1:

gather all parts needed for the build they are:

7.5 feet of 1.5" wide nylon web
5 inch piece of 1.5" wide nylon web <-------I'm getting feedback that this piece works much better 7 inches long. To each his own, assembly is easier with the longer piece.
Two 15 inch pieces of 1" wide nylon web
Two 1.5" wide buckles
Three 1.5" wide slide locks
Two 1" wide slide locks
Tape measure
Scissors to make the 5" piece and the two 15 inchers
Lighter to seal the ends of the nylon web

All the parts needed to make the sling can be found at ACE hardware for $10.08
DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling Sling2

Step 2:

Slide a female buckle end onto the 1.5" web and then put a slide lock on the tail of the web itself. Paying attention to the direction of the slide and female end in the picture
DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling Sling3

Step 3:

Loop the web back and through the slide lock installed in the 2nd step, make your loop 27 inches long. Paying attention to the direction of the slide and female end as before, use the picture if it helps.
DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling Sling4

Step 4:

Slide a 1.5" slide lock on to the web, note that you will leave an open end of the new slide lock pointing out, this will now be the "outside" of the sling. Follow picture.
DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling Sling5

Step 5:

Assemble this piece using the 5" long piece of 1.5" wide web and one female and one male end of 1.5" buckles. This step would be hard to describe use the picture for the details, but pay close attention to the way the web is routed and the direction of the buckles.
DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling Sling6

Step 6:

Slide the assembly you made in step 5 onto the sling as shown in the picture.
DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling Sling7

Step 7:

Assemble this mess on the open end of the sling using the last male buckle and a slide stop. I left the web loose in this picture to illustrate the way to route the sling through all the parts. Note that the tail of the web is on the outside of the sling, as described in step 4
DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling Sling8

Step 8:

Tighten step 7 down to look like this, only leave 1/4-1/2 inch of web past the slide lock
DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling Sling9

Step 9:

Using the two 15" pieces of 1" wide web and the two 1" wide slide locks pass them through like shown in the picture. This is where you will use the open end of the 1.5" lock left over from step 4. The 1" web passes through the outside of the male buckle installed in step 7 and 8
DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling Sling10

Step 10:

Tighten everything down good, and snap all the buckles, you'll have something that looks like this when your done
DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling Sling11

and here it is on an AR using GG&G sling things
DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling Sling12

I hope you found this useful. If your not up to building one yourself I can make it for you for 20 dollars shipped just IM me.

Thanks for looking!
Matt

I've been getting requests on how to use the sling.....Its completely understandable that some don't know how to use the sling/for that reason I offer you: SLING USE

Carry in the front, pay attention to how the sling loops over the left shoulder and under the right arm.
DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling 1frontsidecarry13

Carry on the right side, works well for most applications, can also be modified to sling weapon behind back by just sliding the gun further behind.
DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling 1right14

Left side carry, excellent for transition drills, when the gun is dropped it will naturally slide to this position clearing the way for holster use on right thigh or hip.
DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling 1leftsidecarry15

Backpack carry, by splitting the sling straps one for left and one for right shoulder, the weapon can be carried like a backpack for a very comfortable long term carry, a hike for instance, in the sand, carrying a log of fire wood, uphill, both ways
DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling 1back16

Ready for use, presenting the weapon from the left side carry position, when finished drop gun and it will naturally return to left side carry, smooth!
DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling 1right17

Transitioning the weapon from right to left shoulder with the sling is as easy as uncoupling the foreward-most buckle. This adds a foot or so to the sling length and makes it possible to shoot left handed while slung for a right handed shooter. Vice Versa for lefty's!
DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling 1left18

Again all the credit goes to Matt at AR15.com

Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling   DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 8:36 pm

Great "How to" Gramps.

Is that "Matt" in the pic then?
Is that why his face is blacked out?
Love the fact that the dog's face is blacked out too...LMAO.. lol!
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling   DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Lmfao, I just noticed the dog Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html
Gramps
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling   DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 8:59 pm

I can only assume that it is Matt, I found the page one day and I like the idea being a major DIY type of guy lol.
Back to top Go down
Casper
Salvo Operator
Salvo Operator
Casper

PostSubject: Re: DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling   DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:00 pm

Good post gramps

Gonna have to try this out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling   DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 4:02 pm

I went looking ta my ace for the mats for this project and couldn't find any of them. I'm going to go look on amazon and see if I can find them all and if I can, I'll post links to them all.
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling   DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 4:05 pm

I found then in the section with the tie downs and stuff and this place sells everything in a kit as well http://www.strapworks.com/AR15_Kit_p/ar15n.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling   DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 4:13 pm

Wow quick response! I found this also though it's not for making your own. Got a couple good reviews and for likr $7 shipped it's worth a try.

http://www.amazon.com/MetalTac-3-Point-Tactical-Sling/dp/B002T6S2OY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1334257779&sr=8-6
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling   DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:56 pm

So, I went to the other ACE in my area and the other ACE had all the stuff. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

PostSubject: Re: DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling   DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:54 pm

!thats cool. thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://alphablack.forumotion.com
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS
omgtheqbistoast

PostSubject: Re: DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling   DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 5:59 am

Hey Gramps, any chance that we could get a How to for a 2 or 1 point sling as well? I'm a little bit of a more fluffy guy and a 3 point doesn't work as well for me if ya catch my drift.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling   DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 1:52 pm

GREAT post! Have some rep. Wait how do I give rep on here? I am now the proud owner of a 3 point sling and thanx to u I know a couple ways to use it. However, I also like to use it as a 2 point sling sometimes but it seems about 6 inches too long. But if I shorten it, it is too short for me to use the one point method for switching to my weak side. ( works great on my strong sinde)
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling   DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 2:07 pm

see the +/- on the right side if you hit plus thats the rep button
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling   DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 2:32 pm

omgtheqbistoast wrote:
Hey Gramps, any chance that we could get a How to for a 2 or 1 point sling as well? I'm a little bit of a more fluffy guy and a 3 point doesn't work as well for me if ya catch my drift.
I used this as a template for my 1-point. I did the buckle to fasten it to the marker and then I left the webbing long on purpose held in place with a slider buckle to go to a 2-point.

I will try to get some pics up soon of I have mine set up, it helps to have a good imagination too lol.
Back to top Go down
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS
omgtheqbistoast

PostSubject: Re: DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling   DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 3:47 pm

Oh definitely I agree. LOL I gave out some rep for sure because while I have a three point sling I think I need one that's a bit longer to accomodate someone my size. Of course by the time I get to my run through at D-Day I hope to be somewhat smaller around the upper half thanks to P90X and Insanity.
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling   DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 5:20 pm

Now that I'm carrying the box mag I might need to convert to this! Great write up....and love the dogs face! HAHA!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
Gramps
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling   DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 5:43 pm

I need to get my camera and get pics of my set up, currently as a 2-point but easy to change to 1-point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling   DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling Empty

Back to top Go down

DIY Tac-Sling aka 3 point sling
Page 1 of 1