Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Problems during my first AB test-fire!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Problems during my first AB test-fire! Empty
PostSubject: Problems during my first AB test-fire!   Problems during my first AB test-fire! EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:19 pm

Went out yesterday to put my first brand new AB Elite through its paces...and it did not go well! Mad
Everything is stock. I have a Cyclone feeder and remote HPA. I really just wanted to run a hopper full of paint through it to see if all was in working order...and to test all the firing modes. (Semi/Burst/Auto norm/Auto Fast)

E-grip mode 1 (semi)- Shot about 6-8 balls. Worked great! Switched to E-grip mode 2 (3 round burst) - worked great! And very cool! (Probably the only 'auto' mode I would ever use other than semi.)
Went to try the 3 round burst again...and no balls for the burst, just air! Recharged marker...same thing. First 2 semi-autos fired, the 3 round burst...no balls.

Pulled feeder down....was a ball at barrel opening, and a broken one right in the breach. Cleared all that...

Shaking my head a bit...but decided to reset and go to the full auto normal.

First 2 semi auto shots were fine...then no balls...just the marker sputtering air.
Same thing with the full auto fast!

Decided to shut E-grip off...then just go back to normal semi-auto mode. But even in semi-auto mode, after the first 2 shots marker went to auto...but didnt fire any balls!!
At this point...I was thoroughly frustrated and wrapped up for the day.

(Tippmann tech support told me they had not heard of any other problems like mine before...and I should send my marker in. I am not to that point yet.)

Sorry this is long...enjoy the read...and I really appreciate any comments/suggestions!

~Flash~
Back to top Go down
MrSpootenheimer
Private
Private
MrSpootenheimer

PostSubject: Re: Problems during my first AB test-fire!   Problems during my first AB test-fire! EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:56 pm

sometimes if I tighten the remote line knob that connects to the tank too tight I get shooting problems like that. not that complex though scratch
tighten it down the back off some
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Problems during my first AB test-fire!   Problems during my first AB test-fire! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 2:38 am

Not too familar with e-grips, but I would check to make sure you air is good, tippmanns are air hogs and if your tank is low that can cause many problems.
It does sound like a feed problem or air. Go over it well and make sure your fitings and lines are tight, that you have plenty of air and give it another try. Too many people have been ready to give up and then discover it was a simple fix.

I know we have alot of e-grip experts here and they can problably help alot more.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/

PostSubject: Re: Problems during my first AB test-fire!   Problems during my first AB test-fire! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:42 pm

MrSpootenheimer wrote:
sometimes if I tighten the remote line knob that connects to the tank too tight I get shooting problems like that. not that complex though scratch
tighten it down the back off some

Thanks, I will try that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems during my first AB test-fire!   Problems during my first AB test-fire! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Gramps wrote:
Not too familar with e-grips, but I would check to make sure you air is good, tippmanns are air hogs and if your tank is low that can cause many problems.
It does sound like a feed problem or air. Go over it well and make sure your fitings and lines are tight, that you have plenty of air and give it another try. Too many people have been ready to give up and then discover it was a simple fix.

I know we have alot of e-grip experts here and they can problably help alot more.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Thanks Gramps... Everything was brand new, including my 48/3000 psi HPA tank, totally full. This week I am going to clean it all real well, and will check all my fittings and lines.
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Problems during my first AB test-fire!   Problems during my first AB test-fire! EmptyWed May 01, 2013 12:37 pm

Flash - it does not sound like an e-grip issue. It does sound like an air/cyclone issue. When you say "no balls, only sputtered air" do you mean no balls where feeding, but the hammer was engaging and only air was coming out the barrel? If so, I would say you have narrowed it down to air constriction or a cyclone issue.

If it were an e-grip issue, usually the electro does not engage the sear/hammer and you end up pulling the hammer back...commonly due to a weak battery.

It could be what Spoot suggested as that has happened to me or it could be that you have a twist in your cyclone air hose. Had you taken the gun a part prior to testing it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Problems during my first AB test-fire!   Problems during my first AB test-fire! EmptyWed May 01, 2013 12:39 pm

Have you messed with the cyclone prior to testing it? I know a friend of mine who put his cyclone paddles in wrong causing something similar to happen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com

PostSubject: Re: Problems during my first AB test-fire!   Problems during my first AB test-fire! EmptyWed May 01, 2013 3:34 pm

A lot of times when this happens to me it's because the small hose connecting the cyclone charging tube to the power tube is not attached to one of the nipples. So the cyclone doesn't engage but everything else does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems during my first AB test-fire!   Problems during my first AB test-fire! EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:42 pm

syclops wrote:
Flash - it does not sound like an e-grip issue. It does sound like an air/cyclone issue. When you say "no balls, only sputtered air" do you mean no balls where feeding, but the hammer was engaging and only air was coming out the barrel? If so, I would say you have narrowed it down to air constriction or a cyclone issue.

If it were an e-grip issue, usually the electro does not engage the sear/hammer and you end up pulling the hammer back...commonly due to a weak battery.

It could be what Spoot suggested as that has happened to me or it could be that you have a twist in your cyclone air hose. Had you taken the gun a part prior to testing it?

Thanks Sy! And I agree... Common sense and a little paintball knowledge told me it wasn't an E-grip issue either. Seemed like a 'feed' issue. And yes, that is exactly what I meant: No balls fed for the auto modes, but the hammer did engage and shoot air only in auto modes.

I did not mess with the Cyclone when I got it, other than a visual inspection before installing it. The small air line is secure, but it is not entirely in a straight line. There is a small curve to it...Nothing that would restrict air though. (Will try and post a pic of it tonight)
And I did not take the gun apart at all before this. Although I do plan on doing that this week sometime for a visual and cleaning, before testing it again.

Just watched your YouTube vid about the Great Big Game this weekend! Awesome rig! Sounds like its gonna be a kick in the pants!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems during my first AB test-fire!   Problems during my first AB test-fire! EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:44 pm

UNSC113 wrote:
A lot of times when this happens to me it's because the small hose connecting the cyclone charging tube to the power tube is not attached to one of the nipples. So the cyclone doesn't engage but everything else does.

Thanks bud...

That little hose is firmly attached at both ends... But I do plan on 'dry' firing tonight just to see if it's running the feeder as its supposed to....
Back to top Go down
CptShadow
Private
Private
CptShadow

PostSubject: Re: Problems during my first AB test-fire!   Problems during my first AB test-fire! EmptyWed May 01, 2013 10:31 pm

One thing I'd check, open the bottom of your cyclone to check in integrity of the ratchet assembly, then check if the paddle aren't "skipping", by this I mean if you're running soft paddles, I did encounter some that were so soft that the shaft that runs through them would just spin inside when you have paint in but run normally when dry fire since there is no "pressure" on the paddles.

Hope it'll help, other then this, for sure no e-grip issue there, maybe like some said, check so the pin on the tank is not too pushed in...Otherwise, check both banjo fittings on the cyclone just to be sure they feed air properly (just blow some air through).

Again, best of luck with your new beast,

Shadow out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems during my first AB test-fire!   Problems during my first AB test-fire! EmptyFri May 03, 2013 4:43 pm

Picture of the cyclone air tube. Just a very slight curve in it.

Problems during my first AB test-fire! 0503142825_04
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems during my first AB test-fire!   Problems during my first AB test-fire! EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:23 pm

I took everything apart to clean. While it was apart I figured I could polish the internals..

VERY easy to do! Could not believe how rough the internal finish was...didn't take much to smooth it up.

The paint I bought drops right through my barrel! I can even see daylight around the balls!!

Bottom line: I am narrowing down my problems! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems during my first AB test-fire!   Problems during my first AB test-fire! Empty

Back to top Go down

Problems during my first AB test-fire!
Page 1 of 1