Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rechargeable 9v batteries

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RedPanda
Private
Private
RedPanda

Rechargeable 9v batteries Empty
PostSubject: Rechargeable 9v batteries   Rechargeable 9v batteries EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 12:29 pm

Hey I was wondering if anyone here uses rechargeable 9v batteries? I don't like going through my 9v batteries like I do sweet tart candies, so I wanted to get something I can reuse. I was thinking of picking some up to be more eco friendly, but I haven't found to many reviews out there. So I thought of the next best thing. Ask my forum buddies about it. I would be using them with my e-trigger and Rap4 Box Mag. Oh I also was wondering if the 175mAh, 230mAh, or 300mAh means anything to?
Back to top Go down
CptShadow
Private
Private
CptShadow

PostSubject: Re: Rechargeable 9v batteries   Rechargeable 9v batteries EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:00 pm

Advice don't....Rechargeable are known to not retain power for a long period and worst part is ( from my experience) you will do maybe one full day on one IF you do it, so you will be stuck to recharge every time you go out and you'll end up tossing them out like regular ones....

If you want to try it for yourself, get really good one (costs a ton) but go for the highest mAh available, I saw some bigger than 300 a few times but can't recall the numbers....But 300 might be a good start. Just buy a set to try.
Back to top Go down
Tuflehundon
Mod/Marines
Mod/Marines
Tuflehundon

PostSubject: Re: Rechargeable 9v batteries   Rechargeable 9v batteries EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 3:04 pm

I used them for years. They will only last about a day in a Tippmann marker since they draw so much power. The numbers are how much power they hold, the higher the better. There are paintball specific batteries that are 9.6V vs the normal 9V, the 9.6V are much better for our use.

If you ever get a high end marker or hopper like a Planet Eclipse or Rotor, don't use rechargable is them, just use high quality batteries. I changed the batteries in my PE Geo & Rotor once a year.
Back to top Go down
http://teamdevilops.weebly.com/
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Rechargeable 9v batteries   Rechargeable 9v batteries EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 4:08 pm

I have used the Energizer recharge for a few years with no issues whatsoever...granted we play for like 4 hours when we play. And I might have to stock up on some extras for the GBG in May.

Used in :
- Marker e-grip (I have the Ape Board which is VERY efficient at using batteries)...it will last weeks without a recharge.
- Mask fan
- Boxmag
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Rechargeable 9v batteries   Rechargeable 9v batteries EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 8:17 pm

I personally only changed the battery in my e-grip...once. I got it with a battery in it and it just started to every once in awhile skip a beat, changed the battery it was fine, and I still haven't needed to change it. Never even considered using rechargeables. Well let us know which ones you get/if they work well.
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rechargeable 9v batteries   Rechargeable 9v batteries Empty

Back to top Go down

Rechargeable 9v batteries
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alpha Black Paintball :: Down Range :: Equipment-
Jump to: