Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Proto HD lens vs Yellow?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Proto HD lens vs Yellow? Empty
PostSubject: Proto HD lens vs Yellow?   Proto HD lens vs Yellow? EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 11:58 pm

I currently own the yellow lens for my proto mask, but it is fairly scratched and i was looking into replaceing it with another thermal lens. i dont mind the yellow tint, but i saw that they offer an "HD" lens and was wondering if it would give better tinting in lowlight/bright conditions. I find the yellow lens is nice for darker areas but is overly bright in sunny areas. All i play is outdoors, and woodsball. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Here the "HD" lens

Proto HD lens vs Yellow? 12195.160x128.fill

And this is the yellow

Proto HD lens vs Yellow? 2783.210x168.fill
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Proto HD lens vs Yellow?   Proto HD lens vs Yellow? EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 5:12 pm

It would almost be worth giving the HD Lense a try. I have the yellow tint in my Grillz and really like it, but you are correct it can be a bit overwhelming on a VERY sunny day. I found that it out performs other tints when I'm in the woods and there is less light. Maybe the HD would be a happy medium. Let us know what you choose and if you go with the HD I would like to hear some feedback on it in both high and low light conditions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: Proto HD lens vs Yellow?   Proto HD lens vs Yellow? EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:28 pm

Gotta agree.
Yellow would be a bit much for full sun.
HD one doesn't look too dark either.
Back to top Go down
Tuflehundon
Mod/Marines
Mod/Marines
Tuflehundon

PostSubject: Re: Proto HD lens vs Yellow?   Proto HD lens vs Yellow? EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:09 am

I have used both. I prefer the yellow over the HD lens. Had the HD lens on my Dye I3's, and have the yellow lens on my VForce Grillz. The yellow can be a bit bright on super sunny days, but the HD can wash out colors and be way to dark for overcast days or areas were there is a ton of cover.

I have missed guys in the bush that were in shadows when wearing the HD lend in the woods. I've never ised a proto mask to know if it's easy to change the lens or not, but if it is easy, you may consider buying one of each, and using them depending on the conditions.

I generally wear the Grillz as they are my favorites, but when I played sppedball in open areas on bright days, I would wear the I3's. Do you have a back up mask? Maybe you could put one type of lens on one, and the other lens on the other. That's the way I always prefered it.
Back to top Go down
http://teamdevilops.weebly.com/

PostSubject: Re: Proto HD lens vs Yellow?   Proto HD lens vs Yellow? EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:09 am

well i decided to order the HD lens from paintballgear.ca. i also plan on keeping my yellow lens that i already have for those overcast days seeing as the lenses are super easy to change out on the proto switch mask. also ordered an Apex2 barrel so i cant wait till it all gets here Very Happy Proto HD lens vs Yellow? 2801723788
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Proto HD lens vs Yellow?   Proto HD lens vs Yellow? EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:15 am

Awesome! You'll love the apex
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Proto HD lens vs Yellow?   Proto HD lens vs Yellow? EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 2:35 pm

smoke for really bright and sunny days
HD and yellow are for bright days
but you have to get use to it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proto HD lens vs Yellow?   Proto HD lens vs Yellow? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:18 am

so i got the lens today and so far i like it. its actually more orange than anything, and "brightens up" what ur looking at, and its definetly not as over bering as the yellow. will see how it preforms when the snow melts and i can get onto the field. must say that on a side note paintballgear.ca has FANTASTIC shipping. shipped monday from vancouver, and recived it today in lloydminster!!!!! by far the quickest ive ever gotten anything ordered online, and everything was nicely bubble wrapped.
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Proto HD lens vs Yellow?   Proto HD lens vs Yellow? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:21 am

Let's see done pics now!
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Proto HD lens vs Yellow?   Proto HD lens vs Yellow? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:56 pm

gotta love paintballgear.ca
I go in there all the time, I work around the corner for their office
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proto HD lens vs Yellow?   Proto HD lens vs Yellow? Empty

Back to top Go down

Proto HD lens vs Yellow?
Page 1 of 1