Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best way to use a belt?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Best way to use a belt? Empty
PostSubject: Best way to use a belt?   Best way to use a belt? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:31 pm

So I just got my TipX and am wondering what the best way to wear it is. I have the leg rig and will wear it there most likely, I also found an amazingly useful tool pouch at a local discontinued reseller that fits 6 mags in a very convenient manner. Now I need to know what the best way to keep them on me is. Do many people use belts for leg rigs, or do you strap them to your vests/harnesses? If you do use a belt, what is, in your opinion, the best buckle, clasp, width, and material to look for?
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use a belt?   Best way to use a belt? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:54 pm

I find that the tpx has some weight to it so when put on the leg harness it boucnes when you run....I dont like that very much

so what I did was get a 45* molle panel and mounted the tpx like a cross draw
so you draw with your right if its on your left
but that also had problems when raising your main marker up that has a stock

or you can just run it as a primary....limited ammo FTW
Back to top Go down
prnelson150
Private
Private
prnelson150

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use a belt?   Best way to use a belt? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 12:55 pm

Well, like Arson said, it does have some weight on it, so it will bounce up and down alot if you don't get the right holster. My advice, look for a military-grade leg rig if you're going that route. They were made with real firearms with real weight in mind. It may jiggle a little bit, but it shouldn't be too much.

The big questions you have to ask yourself are: why do I want it? How often am I actually going to use this? And finally...what's comfortable and efficient for me? It may be that the cross draw is better for you than the leg, or that a hip holster from Walmart may work the best. Just experiment, and have fun!
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use a belt?   Best way to use a belt? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm

I have used my TiPX both as a back-up and a primary, I use a drop leg holster that I attach to a nylon belt, that I picked up in a hardware store.

Yes there is some weight, but with the a good holster it will stay put. I do recommend that if you use a leg holster that you get one with the double straps, will make it more secure and less flopping around.

This is the one I use

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Adjustable-Handed-Holster-Pistol/dp/B001WJ55QC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357752015&sr=8-1&keywords=utg+holster

I also have a SA8 pepperball launcer which is just a T8 and that hoslter has the single strap and tends to move alot on me.

BUt you need to find what is comfortable for you and your play style, many people whhen using it a primary dont even use a holster, it never leaves thier hands.
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use a belt?   Best way to use a belt? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:43 pm

I do have the Tippmann holster, it has the double leg straps and sits on my leg quite comfortably. What I am most curious about is where the holster is attached on top. I will take a look at some hardware stores Gramps and see what I can find.
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use a belt?   Best way to use a belt? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:10 pm

attacht it your belt or bottom part of your molle vest

Hows the weather in Lethbridge will be there in 2 days+
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use a belt?   Best way to use a belt? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Wind is blowing really hard right now, not too cold though. Everything will be totally changed by the time you get here. You know how Southern Alberta is.

My vest sides are pretty high up on my flank, I was thinking of either a regular belt or a gunslinger type belt that rode on-top of other equipment.
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use a belt?   Best way to use a belt? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:31 pm

haha ya for sure and nice should be a good trip then

ya if you secure it to your belt make sure you run for a bit and test it out
nothing like getting it secure before a game and then when you run it just completely comes undone.
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use a belt?   Best way to use a belt? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:36 pm

Sandman...I cant STAND the drop leg...like many have said it loosens up and flops around. I went with a cross draw that attaches right to my vest...its at a good angle and still gives me some maneuverability.

I have actually seen some guys use zip ties and attache a molle compatible holster to their vests as well...here I found a video Look at 1:55 in the video:

Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use a belt?   Best way to use a belt? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:49 pm

i find its really all in personal preference.

i ran dualies for a while, and while i did, I had one under my right arm, and one on my right leg.

then i did left leg, cross draw on the vest.

then i did right leg, left below my tank on my back...

i liked the first one best. The leg rig will bounce if its not tight enough,.. so try some variations.

the only thing i wanna try that i havent is a dual back rig
Back to top Go down
https://alphablack.forumotion.com
Gramps
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use a belt?   Best way to use a belt? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 3:46 am

Another choice for a belt if you want to spend the money is a duty belt, some can be had fairly cheap, and they are normally doubled and nice and stiff, holds gear real well, I should know, lol.

I have this one and I am thinking of starting to use it for paintball, just have to take all the stuff off of it.

http://www.amazon.com/Uncle-Mikes-Enforcement-Kodra-Deluxe/dp/B000PW5API/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357800337&sr=8-1&keywords=nylon+duty+belt
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use a belt?   Best way to use a belt? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:28 pm

yeah thats soid advice. a good tip when dropping a holster or ANYTHING on your leg is a good belt. otherwise it droops, and ur pants fall off. NO ONE wants that.
Back to top Go down
https://alphablack.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use a belt?   Best way to use a belt? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best way to use a belt?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alpha Black Paintball :: Down Range :: Equipment-
Jump to: