Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Paintball Workout?

Go down 
+3
syclops
Lonewolf03
StormShadowz
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 12:37 pm

Sup guys. I was wondering if anyone else has a workout in mind for paintball related fitness, that being endurance, speed, and strength in a good balance. I love staying fit and make it a priority, and it looks like a lot of yall do to. Care to share? Very Happy Paintball Workout? 3087466689
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 1:32 pm

i do back breaking work...so that speaks for itself lol
Back to top Go down

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 1:44 pm

What is your occupation?
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 1:45 pm

i run a glass company
Back to top Go down

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 1:46 pm

Ah I can see how that would tough
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:54 pm

you wouldnt think glass was all that heavy....man handling a 200lb piece of glass is a feat LOL
Back to top Go down

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:01 pm

It's pretty dense lol
Back to top Go down
Lonewolf03
Private
Private

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:37 pm

I wrestle, which entails: pushups, sit ups running, pinning people, more pushups and more running. (and more pushups and more running and more pushups and...) I also hold my marker at arms length using one hand on the pistol grip. Plus a fully loaded school backpack tends to help with pod weight...
Back to top Go down

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Sounds like a good routine to me.
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 6:58 pm

I run 3 miles to work most every day with a 30-40lb back pack. Then hit the weights for 30-40 minutes. Then for lunch I run another 4 miles. On the days I don't run I do plyometric workouts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
Tuflehundon
Mod/Marines
Mod/Marines
Tuflehundon

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 8:38 pm

I used to get strange looks at the gym, but I would hit the treadmill and jog with my vest on. When I lived in a condo that had a nice gym, I used to even hit the treadmill fully geared up, other than I was wearing gym cloths instead of camo.

Right now I am working on doing Indian runs. We used to do them in the Marines, we would line up single file as we ran, and would run at a moderate jogging pace. The last man in the line would sprint to the front of the line as fast as he could, then the next would do the same, etc. To simulate this, I run at a 4.0 on the treadmill, and then will jump up to a 6.5 or so for 1 minute, then will drop back down to a 4.0 and catch my breath for 2 minutes, and then do it again. If 6.5 is to easy, just run as fast as you can for 60 seconds.
Back to top Go down
http://teamdevilops.weebly.com/
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 9:28 pm

I used to ride 10 miles a day on my MTB off road to work 4 times a week.
With my heavy coat on & a tonne of stuff in my rucksack including PB marker usually, laptops, chargers, dvds, hdd,s, tools, dremmel & charger, 4D MAglite, food etc etc.
And do regular weights and long treks out on my bike, on my days off.
But now I've moved very close to work, I only ride about 1K max a day, including the trip home. lol!
But still go for long rides or walks out when I can, usually 15-20 mile round trips.
And I've not picked up my weights since I started decorating the new flat.
So I do need to start taking that up again.
But I'm always chucking my 7 year old around and he weighs a tonne. Laughing
Do sometimes sneak some pull ups, press ups, sit ups & tricep dips in at work though, when I'm on my todd....not as often as I used to though.
Back to top Go down

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:32 am

These all sound great. I usually just do plenty of pushups, pullups, situps, practice my Krav Maga, and do lots of weights and run 1 mile (timed) and do sprints. Not all in the same day Laughing

I like to work out in my gear too Tufle, adds a lot of legitimacy to the workout's purpose. I'm working on meeting all of the local SWAT team's physical requirements (surpassed them now though Paintball Workout? 3558609848 ). When I get out of LSU my plan is to be a swat officer as soon as I can. Dream job, feel purposed toward it.

Dunk.... I just realized you are british. Todd?? The heck is that, a break? Paintball Workout? 584793722
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 6:08 am

"On my todd" or "On my Jack-Jones" means on my own. lol!
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:20 am

Dunk...WA need a thread called "Dunk's Dictionary of UK Terms" I love your speak! Back on topic...
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 3:35 pm

syclops wrote:
Dunk...WA need a thread called "Dunk's Dictionary of UK Terms" I love your speak! Back on topic...

^This

I just do some push-ups daily, do some pull-ups on trees and things, and I walk/jog around a lot. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html
syclops
syclops

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 4:12 pm

I just got done with a killer MMA work out...50 minutes of non-stop cardio/lifting action. Gonna be sore tomorrow!
Back to top Go down

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 4:37 pm

Whew does sound tough Sy. I had set a new year's resolution for 2012 to gain 15 pounds of lean muscle, and I just now met it. Started in earnest with daily routines set up now. Got up to 175 lbs and less than 8% body fat on average, I'm 6 ft tall. Still trying to get to 180 and maintain. Takes a lot of work!
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 5:00 pm

Im on the opposite end bro...trying to lose. After my collar bone accident last October I gained 17 lbs back of the 23 that I had lost. Since I have been able to run again and work out I am now down to 196. 6 more to go and then reevaluation time. I felt REALLY good at 190.
Back to top Go down

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 5:01 pm

I bet man. I'd love to weigh 190 Laughing
What do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking?
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 5:08 pm

I'm an Administrator in Pharmacy at Mayo Clinic. Project Management, policies, little IT/IS, Quality/Safety...a variety of different things.
Back to top Go down

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 5:11 pm

Oh ok cool. had no idea lol
Back to top Go down
Amphibious Warlord
Private
Private
Amphibious Warlord

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 11:08 am

Personally, I'd say the best way to get into shape for paintball is to play it, and play it a lot. Laughing We can't all do that all the time, so as crazy as it sounds, go running in your gear. Even your mask. While in the Marine Corps, I'd do a lot of running with my gear on. The reason was pretty simple. I wanted to be comfortable with it/in it. For me, cardio is key. I'm already a bigger guy, so adding more muscle mass doesn't make a lot of sense for me. Sure it looks good, but it's not really helping me out any. Bulking up more just slows me down. I'm not saying don't lift weights, lean muscle is great, but don't overdue it.
Back to top Go down

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 10:47 am

Amphibious Warlord wrote:
Personally, I'd say the best way to get into shape for paintball is to play it, and play it a lot. Laughing We can't all do that all the time, so as crazy as it sounds, go running in your gear. Even your mask. While in the Marine Corps, I'd do a lot of running with my gear on. The reason was pretty simple. I wanted to be comfortable with it/in it. For me, cardio is key. I'm already a bigger guy, so adding more muscle mass doesn't make a lot of sense for me. Sure it looks good, but it's not really helping me out any. Bulking up more just slows me down. I'm not saying don't lift weights, lean muscle is great, but don't overdue it.

Couldn't agree more. It took me almost 6 months to gain what I did. Gotta make sure you do it right. Running in my gear is definitely a helpful practice as well. Because of snakes in the swamps we play in I run in Danner snake boots Laughing so needless to say my feet have toughened a lot. I'm sure you had a similar experience with issued combat boots affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paintball Workout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paintball Workout?   Paintball Workout? Empty

Back to top Go down

Paintball Workout?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alpha Black Paintball :: Behind The Lines :: Scuttlebutt-
Jump to: