Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How many shots are you guys getting?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
XRAYU132
Recruit
Recruit
XRAYU132

How many shots are you guys getting? Empty
PostSubject: How many shots are you guys getting?   How many shots are you guys getting? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:14 am

Hello all.. I am currently using a Guerrilla Air 48ci 3000psi Aluminum HPA Tank w/ Myth Reg and a ninija remote line and slide check. I am currently getting less than 1000 shots out of the tank when it's filled to about 2500 psi. Is this normal or do i have a problem with a air leak or something else? Thanks :)
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: How many shots are you guys getting?   How many shots are you guys getting? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 3:26 am

Actualll sounds about right, check this out it may help Shots per Tank
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: How many shots are you guys getting?   How many shots are you guys getting? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:54 am

thats pretty close...i actually counted about 250 shots at 1/4 full
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: How many shots are you guys getting?   How many shots are you guys getting? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:39 am

All I know is I shoot over 1k shots with my 88/4500 tank haha.

And yeah that sounds pretty good for the amount of air left.
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: How many shots are you guys getting?   How many shots are you guys getting? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 2:14 pm

I get about 700-800 out of a full bottle.
But it hasn't been chrono'd so it could be set too low. lol!
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: How many shots are you guys getting?   How many shots are you guys getting? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 2:29 pm

i used the ammo counter on the pulse rifle and counted how many shots i got out a 1/4 full tank
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: How many shots are you guys getting?   How many shots are you guys getting? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:39 am

Yeah yeah.
Stop bragging, with ya shot counter. Razz 👅 :)

Joke Very Happy Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many shots are you guys getting?   How many shots are you guys getting? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:19 am

Yeesh, I might have an issue with my marker having a leak then. I use a 48ci 3000psi H18 tank with an Extreme Rage remote (without slide check) on the stock Asa.
It's chrono'd to around 270-280 fps and I only get around 640-700 shots before I need a re-fill from full.
Bear in mind that I'm still using stock internals too so I may well have solved my own problem lol.
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: How many shots are you guys getting?   How many shots are you guys getting? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:43 am

A 45/300 will run around 500 shots, so your not that bad. I would recommend that youpolish the internals. That does help in your shot count as well as helping O-rings last longer and to get a more consistent fps too.
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: How many shots are you guys getting?   How many shots are you guys getting? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:47 am

Well the fps is about right ( not sure if you polished the internals but it helps) ... Id check all the asa for leaks...maybe change out the tank orings....tbe powertube might be suspect but you would know if that was leaking..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many shots are you guys getting?   How many shots are you guys getting? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:55 am

Yeah, I do a complete strip down and clean every 2 outings (power tube comes out, the works), then re-lube. Could say it's my military mindset coming out, only reason I don't do it every time is I don't want to become obsessive with it. And there's nothing wrong with the power tube so far as I know Storm, don't have any air escaping from the receiver.

I could be wrong on my shot count, it could be less but I use 160 shot Dye pots and generally get to my fourth load before my firing bolt goes spastic. When that happens I know that I've got maybe 5 more shots "bolt action style" before I'm dry.

I've read on some other forums that upgrading your internals is a waste of money at best but I really would like to do it at some point, if only to stop the rear bolt from sounding like a jackhammer in my ear each time I fire. Is it worth it and will it improve air efficiency? Or is that down to my Asa and regs on my bottle?
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: How many shots are you guys getting?   How many shots are you guys getting? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:26 am

There are lots of factors that affect your air effeincy Mlike.
If your barrel is over-bored that would waste air.
Thought about investing in a barrel/bore kit?
I wouldn't touch your ASA or reg though, as the saying goes...if it ain't broke don't fix it.
It sounds like your velocity is set to the right speed too.
The sealed bolt assembly helps to reduce some of the noise from a Salvo/Sierra One a little.
And there are other options to reduce the sound too (glu-ing felt to the back of the hammer)...I've never tried this though.
I bought a Tippmann 98 sealed bolt assembly and modded it with ye old faithfull dremel to fit my Salvo.
My sealed bolt cover was an un official copy off eBay and only cost me a tenner.
There like £20-£30 from Rap4.

Heres my How to thread on the sealed bolt LINK

As for internal upgrades......
I'd definetley suggest polishing your internals, as doing this will increase the life of your O-rings dramatically and will give you much more consistant velocitys.
And swapping your plastic front bolt and powertube for metal ones is a cheap but very sensible upgrade too.
Both these parts are prone to cracking and/or shattering from all the forces they're subject to.
And you definetley dont want that happening mid-game, for the sake of 20 quid.
You can pick up metal power tube/front bolt sets for the Salvo off eBay for about £20 :)

Heres my HOW TO thread on polishing your internals

LINK

Hope this helps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many shots are you guys getting?   How many shots are you guys getting? Empty

Back to top Go down

How many shots are you guys getting?
Page 1 of 1