Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Great Day of Reffing!

Go down 
+2
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
syclops
6 posters
AuthorMessage
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

Great Day of Reffing! Empty
PostSubject: Great Day of Reffing!   Great Day of Reffing! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:56 am

Hey everyone...I just wanted to encourage everyone to continue to grow the sport of paintball no matter what!

This weekend I had an opportunity to referee middle-school kids of r a 3 hr paintball game. Some of these kids had played a few games, but a majority have nevered played. My son Mason was among the group and has had 3 yars of paintabll experience. Needless to say, he did a GREAT job of teaching and mentoring some of these guys and gals! Yeah it was even great to see some girls out there! AWESOME...I tell you what guys...some of them where MORE agressive than the guys.

Here are just a few pics:

This was the best scenario of the day. Below is one of the agrressive girls busting it to the front lines and as you see the opposition laying in wait. I was proud of the kid in black, because he knew she was there...she had no clue! He kindly waited until she flanked around him and waited until she was 20 ft away and then shot her out.
Great Day of Reffing! IMAG0274
Great Day of Reffing! IMAG0272

I reffed as well as coached the Red Team (we dominated all day long). There were great examples of team work in many of the games and after the second game great communication among team members:
Great Day of Reffing! IMAG0275

Stealth Mode:
Great Day of Reffing! IMAG0277

Future Sniper??
Great Day of Reffing! IMAG0278

Watching for the opposition:
Great Day of Reffing! IMAG0273

The last game the refs got a chance to play Fox & Hound agasint 26 middle schoolers. I geared up and was able to finally test out the box mag in action. I have to tell you it worked FLAWLESS! Wow...LOVE the box mag!

I layed behind a clump of three full grown trees covered in thirn bushes. I stopmed down a few bushes in order to get 2 good pathes of vision. I waited for at least 5 minutes until a squad of 5 or 6 oppostion happened upon my position. I could hear my son barking out orders. I thought "Good job" son as proud poppa layed in wait. As soon as I saw his head pop-up above the grassy knoll....I took him out! Now that the communicator was gone I knew I might have a chacne against the agressors! Sure enough, I was able to take down 5 more of the opposition.

It would not last long as a larger group of aggressors were on their way...now was the time to move. So I hoofed it up the grassy knoll only to lay waste to 2 more opposition...I quickly had 6 more opposition on my tail....BOOM! someone had gotten a lucky shot on my lower leg, just as I reached the wooden barricade!

Game over! Man it was great to see these kids take out the old, experienced guy! Many of them want to come back and play! So remmebr guys...mentor those kids!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: Great Day of Reffing!   Great Day of Reffing! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Awesome story SY. Very Happy
And awesome pics too, especially the couple just before the kid took that BA girl out hahaha. Great Day of Reffing! 2431999527
It's good how your son played really well n showed the other kids how it's done & how to play as a team too.
Love how you laid in wait for em too, then took out your son (the best player) first.
Lmao
Great Day of Reffing! 2468752815

Suppose you've gotta be cruel to be kind sometimes.

It's great to get more of the next generation into paintballing too & helping the sport to grow.
Sounds like you had a great laugh mate. :)
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Great Day of Reffing!   Great Day of Reffing! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Yeah it was pretty funny! I told Mason (my son) not to get all proud of my shot to his chest, it left a good size welt...but he HAD to show mom!

She asked me why I shot my own son?? I said it was either him or me getting shot by 6 of those little buggers! He is developing into a good team leader with good communicaiton skills...also very patient!
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Great Day of Reffing!   Great Day of Reffing! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:21 pm

Like father like son! I have to give you REP for helping grow the sport and showing the kids the RIGHT way to play.
I love it when I have younger kids that have never played before, gives me a chance to show them how the sport should be played and to get them on the road to real sportsmanship, letting them know it is not always about winning, but having fun and how you play the game.
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Great Day of Reffing!   Great Day of Reffing! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:46 pm

I can't really comment on much since I'm nearly the same generation as those kids (I'm about 3-5 years older) but I'm glad you were able to teach more kids and show them how to play. I'm surprised the kid in black didn't shoot the girl point blank, mature kid. Sounds like everyone had a blast haha.
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Great Day of Reffing!   Great Day of Reffing! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:48 pm

David199619 wrote:
I can't really comment on much since I'm nearly the same generation as those kids (I'm about 3-5 years older) but I'm glad you were able to teach more kids and show them how to play. I'm surprised the kid in black didn't shoot the girl point blank, mature kid. Sounds like everyone had a blast haha.

yep david...very mature! I talked to him about it after the game and told him how much I appreciated the good sportsmanship he displayed...AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Great Day of Reffing!   Great Day of Reffing! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Gramps wrote:
Like father like son! I have to give you REP for helping grow the sport and showing the kids the RIGHT way to play.
I love it when I have younger kids that have never played before, gives me a chance to show them how the sport should be played and to get them on the road to real sportsmanship, letting them know it is not always about winning, but having fun and how you play the game.

I really enjoyed reffing and coaching the games. The kids were very open to suggestions and were amazied at the results after proper tactics were followed.
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Great Day of Reffing!   Great Day of Reffing! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:28 pm

thats awesome man!

looked like a blast love the pic of the kid sitting there
must have been hot!
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Great Day of Reffing!   Great Day of Reffing! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Yep...it was 100 degrees F. Still a good time was had by all.
Back to top Go down
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS
omgtheqbistoast

PostSubject: Re: Great Day of Reffing!   Great Day of Reffing! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:40 pm

*nods* indeed a good bit of sportsmanship shown by that kid in black. Course he COULD have made it even less painful, waited til she turned around and got a few feet away, then snuck up and barrel tagged her. But hey, he was a good sport, can't knock that.

Glad to see that you're bringing up a new generation Sy.
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Great Day of Reffing!   Great Day of Reffing! EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:12 am

omgtheqbistoast wrote:
*nods* indeed a good bit of sportsmanship shown by that kid in black. Course he COULD have made it even less painful, waited til she turned around and got a few feet away, then snuck up and barrel tagged her. But hey, he was a good sport, can't knock that.

Glad to see that you're bringing up a new generation Sy.

Yeah...but with new players there is always the chance of a close range mis-fire when tagging...especially these young cats!

I talked to my son last night and asked him how many times he got shot out...he said, "once dad....BY YOU!" Hahaha! Now I know why he had to take a one-game rest...he was hot and tired from chasing everyone else around the woods!

PROUD POPPA! cheers Great Day of Reffing! 1768621480
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Great Day of Reffing!   Great Day of Reffing! EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:00 am

I'm reffing again tomorrow...this time high school kids. I'll take some pics and post up again.
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Great Day of Reffing!   Great Day of Reffing! EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 3:40 am

Nice, hope they have fun.
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: Great Day of Reffing!   Great Day of Reffing! EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 3:41 am

Awesome dude.
Can't wait for the pics n stories. :)
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Great Day of Reffing!   Great Day of Reffing! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:51 am

I reffed a high school game a few weeks ago and just havent had time to post pics. The ref's were able to rotate in half the games, so I got alot of playing time as well!

Here are some pics...the kids were GREAT!

Great Day of Reffing! 10-0F058FAC-784487-960

Great Day of Reffing! 1342991002766

Great Day of Reffing! 1342991002362

Great Day of Reffing! 1342991002069

Great Day of Reffing! 1342991000024

Great Day of Reffing! 1342991000757

Great Day of Reffing! 1342991001017

Great Day of Reffing! 1342991001269

Great Day of Reffing! 1342991001558

Great Day of Reffing! 1342991001823

Yor fearless leader armed with an airhorn!

Great Day of Reffing! 12-52E5DD0D-363112-960
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: Great Day of Reffing!   Great Day of Reffing! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:51 pm

I would've stuck a PB in the end of that air horn.
Just to see if it would fire it out...lol
I'm abit daft like that. :| Razz
Or make a dodgy barrel to go on the end of it? scratch

Glad you had another great day being a ref SY. Very Happy
Any cool stories from the day then mate?

Repped your piccies too mate. :)
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Great Day of Reffing!   Great Day of Reffing! EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:32 am

Never thought of that Dunk...maybe when I'm out there again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Day of Reffing!   Great Day of Reffing! Empty

Back to top Go down

Great Day of Reffing!
Page 1 of 1