Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spring Review needed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Spring Review needed Empty
PostSubject: Spring Review needed   Spring Review needed EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 1:17 am

Okay boys a simple questions: Do the Trinity 4 Spring Velocity Spring Kits really make any difference at all? I'm about to buy a APE board that'll do 30+ bps and need to know if the stock spring needs to be replaced. And also would a different bolt be needed for 30+ bps?
Springs I found:
[url=Trinity 4 Spring Velocity Spring Kit ]Trinity 4 Spring Velocity Spring Kit [/url]

Last edited by Tanner Larry on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Spring Review needed   Spring Review needed EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 1:19 am

Wow, 30+ bps? You might need a new HOPPER for that. (Or an upgraded cyclone or something). And I'm not sure, I don't know if anyone has tried it yet, although if you get it, let me know how it works!
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: Spring Review needed   Spring Review needed EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 1:26 am

Yeah On Tippmannparts.com they got a APE Board that'll put out 30 bps and it's $69.99 last I looked. I do have a cyclone and it have the RAP4 Cyclone upgrade kit (all metal parts + soft paddles) so I should be good there because I'm pretty sure the cyclone can cycle as fast as the gun can shoot unless a plastic part breaks but if not I'll try to figure how to ramp the speed up on it or stay at a lower firing speed.
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: Spring Review needed   Spring Review needed EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 5:01 am

I would definitely replace your plastic parts to cope with the stresses.
Swap out your front bolt & power tube, cos you don't want em shattering on you mid-game.
You may need to sand them slightly too, to fit your AB properly. scratch
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Spring Review needed   Spring Review needed EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 1:43 pm

Tanner Larry wrote:
Yeah On Tippmannparts.com they got a APE Board that'll put out 30 bps and it's $69.99 last I looked. I do have a cyclone and it have the RAP4 Cyclone upgrade kit (all metal parts + soft paddles) so I should be good there because I'm pretty sure the cyclone can cycle as fast as the gun can shoot unless a plastic part breaks but if not I'll try to figure how to ramp the speed up on it or stay at a lower firing speed.

again save your money......

Even if you upgraded EVERY thing in the cyclone......it can still ONLY shoot at 15bps MAX

actually do not think there is a loader out there that can keep up, other then the strike force back pack
but dont think that ever got made.

also do you play on fields or outlaw, your field and any other field out there will not allow you
to use 30bps if you could even achieve that.

Also.... WHY? if you want a higher ROF, by a speedball gun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spring Review needed   Spring Review needed EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 5:17 pm

DUNK-ALMIGHTY wrote:
I would definitely replace your plastic parts to cope with the stresses.
Swap out your front bolt & power tube, cos you don't want em shattering on you mid-game.
You may need to sand them slightly too, to fit your AB properly. scratch

I bought a RAP4 front bolt andpower tube that were both metal, but, the power tube had a slight leak and so the cyclone feed would not cycle the paint into the gun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spring Review needed   Spring Review needed EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Arson wrote:
Tanner Larry wrote:

again save your money......

Even if you upgraded EVERY thing in the cyclone......it can still ONLY shoot at 15bps MAX

actually do not think there is a loader out there that can keep up, other then the strike force back pack
but dont think that ever got made.

also do you play on fields or outlaw, your field and any other field out there will not allow you
to use 30bps if you could even achieve that.

Also.... WHY? if you want a higher ROF, by a speedball gun.

I've seen some guys do 22bps with a cyclone without any issues, but I'll see when i test it. I play with my high school team so its anything goes basically (so yes Outlaw style). The main reason why im buying this board is becaue it is a great board for the money plus one of my friends rolls with 98s and hes trying to find his way of making a 98 do about 20bps , so its kind of like a contest we're having between just us two :)
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Spring Review needed   Spring Review needed EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 7:50 pm

video or I call shens.

the max the cyclone can put out is 15 BPS, It will not feed more then that
so getting it to that level was done either by some kinda DIY mod or it did not happen

but what is the contest ment to proove that your gun can shoot faster then the other?
but when you really think about it you need one paintball mark send them to the dead box
so having that speed 1) will waist a ton of money on paint 2) ruin your internals to the point you have to replace somehing
both more money then what is needed to have fun

just trying to save you guys some money so it can be spent on paint and not to have a non field legal marker.

maybe its just me but since playing pump, when I see some one shoot more then ten at a time I cringe...
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Spring Review needed   Spring Review needed EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Arson wrote:
video or I call shens.

Beat your 15BPS only theory :). Techt makes some good upgrades.
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: Spring Review needed   Spring Review needed EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:53 am

Thanks David cheers
The Cyclone kit I have is the RAP4 upgrade kit. On reviews its been tested up to 20bps that I could confirm off of pbreviews.com but nothing further than that hs been tested YET.

An Arson:
It's not declared a contest by either of us actually, more like a friendly rivalry to show whose marker is basically the better one. The reason why I'd prefer a high bps is because 95% of the time I have to cover for someone else and its almost impossible to make that one perfect shot from 150 feet, so the more I have going out the barrel the better chance I have of making a hit. But that is just how I play when I work with someone else. My personal preference is the one shot one kill technique, most games where I'm on my own I fire about 10 to 20 shots in a game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring Review needed   Spring Review needed Empty

Back to top Go down

Spring Review needed
Page 1 of 1