Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...

Go down 
+2
project salvo pro
David199619
6 posters
AuthorMessage

damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... Empty
PostSubject: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:32 pm

so i got $200... using $40 for a chameleon, but im stuck with my stock barrel again and my paintball party is on saturday... i want an 18" apex2, but also want an I4... idk wtf i should do at this point... is there any other really good performance upgrades i could get for my money??? (for the AB)
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Rufus Dawg Bolt and Powertube Assembly (Recommended by me to everyone)
Cyclone
If you get that/ have that, make it upgraded
Throw away the stock Apex2 barrel and get an Apex Ready one, (don't literally throw it away)
Do a mod of some sort...
Upgrade the stock
Upgrade the shroud
Get a Pmag (for looks lol)
Uh...if you have a remote line hide the gasline
E-grip/ response if you don't have it
ETC

There are many possibilities...even though some listed are either appearance only/ for convenience haha. Or that you have to do yourself...
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:09 am

David199619 wrote:
Rufus Dawg Bolt and Powertube Assembly (Recommended by me to everyone)
Cyclone
hmm... forgot bout that one, will get one if at the store:)
If you get that/ have that, make it upgraded
Throw away the stock Apex2 barrel and get an Apex Ready one, (don't literally throw it away)
what is this apex ready you speak of?? 0_o
Do a mod of some sort...
Upgrade the stock
Upgrade the shroud
these two are on my mind but NEED performance in a bad way lol
Get a Pmag (for looks lol)
nnah
Uh...if you have a remote line hide the gasline
E-grip/ response if you don't have it
got it
ETC

There are many possibilities...even though some listed are either appearance only/ for convenience haha. Or that you have to do yourself...
will do flat top very soon
Back to top Go down
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

PostSubject: Re: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:31 am

Gaboon wrote:

what is this apex ready you speak of?? 0_o

Apex ready barrels are barrels that are milled so that you can buy the apex and move it from the stock barrel to the upgrade barrel without the tape mod.
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:38 am

Apex ready means that it can support an apex, you know you can take it off of the barrel right? You can also get a J&J with an adapter and it'll mount all on. Here's an example of an apex ready barrel right here ALTHOUGH THAT ONE IS TOO SHORT. You need at least a 14 inch and with the 14 inch you need to do the tape mod. Now here's some apex adapters for different barrels in the list below (Click the numbers) :

1 Lapco
2 Lapco
3 Flasc
4 Flasc
5 Custom Products
6 J&J
7 J&J
8 Paimer's Pursuit Paintball

There may be more, but those are the easy to find ones.

And you're doing the flat-top soon? Cool! I would do the screw method...the other way sucks haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:49 am

thanks guys, love this forum! XD peace!
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:58 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS
omgtheqbistoast

PostSubject: Re: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 5:34 am

Gaboon, if you don't wanna make the effort to do the flat top and all that goes with it might I suggest getting 2 halves of the Project Salvo? same thing basically, you can just transfer all your internals and voila, flat top with very little effort.
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:33 am

The 14" apex should be perfect...anything past that is just a waste of money imo
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:41 am

You saying my 18" apex2 is a waste of money Storm? damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... 3696926579 Razz
Even though....yeah the barrels themselves are crapola. scratch Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:31 pm

nobody said polish internals yet. if you have a wire brush its free

not to threadjack, but does the rufus dawg bolt/tube really make a difference?
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Use a Drexel with buffing pad n polishing compound for polishing internals.
A wire brush is too stif & could put some serious scratches in the aluminium. scratch

But yeah polishing your internals gives a more consistent velocity, increases the life of your O Rings & just makes it run smoother. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:09 pm

so i bought the 14" but it doesnt fit on my gun w/shroud, what do i do??
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:27 pm

Gaboon wrote:
so i bought the 14" but it doesnt fit on my gun w/shroud, what do i do??

easy fix

do you have a salvo or AB?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:58 pm

AB egrip bro, thnks for quick reply:)
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:12 pm

DUNK-ALMIGHTY wrote:
You saying my 18" apex2 is a waste of money Storm? damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... 3696926579 Razz
Even though....yeah the barrels themselves are crapola. scratch Laughing

except your Dunk lol :)

the tape mod should fix your problem gaboon

http://www.alphablackpaintball.com/t23-storms-14-apex2-barrel-to-fit-ab-ps-how-to
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:12 pm

SuRrEaLNJ wrote:
nobody said polish internals yet. if you have a wire brush its free

not to threadjack, but does the rufus dawg bolt/tube really make a difference?

Hey, yes it does!! I have it and it made my gun go from a blender to a seriously powerful machine. Shooting at 15 BPS without it...blender...shooting the same speed with it....amazing. When I bought it, that was the only thing I changed between the test and the original firing was the rufus dawg thing. Very Happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:38 pm

so i did the tape mod, but the end "silencer" thing cant twist anymore?! WTH
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:10 pm

Gaboon wrote:
so i did the tape mod, but the end "silencer" thing cant twist anymore?! WTH

Lol, that's typical. Take the "silencer" (Also known as the actual Apex) off, and take off one tape layer at a time. And test the fit. Once you get it to the correct size, put the apex back together! To test it just put it over it and compress it slightly to make it seem like the o-rings are holding it together but don't actually put the o-rings back on unless you want to spend an hour with this. It should work perfectly fine with it. Now it won't last forever, but I've heard people have had it with this for months and months haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:53 pm

DUNK-ALMIGHTY wrote:
Use a Drexel with buffing pad n polishing compound for polishing internals.
A wire brush is too stif & could put some serious scratches in the aluminium. scratch

But yeah polishing your internals gives a more consistent velocity, increases the life of your O Rings & just makes it run smoother. Very Happy

ok should have been more specific, i forget people do things without dremels sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...   damn... between a rock and ahard place... again... Empty

Back to top Go down

damn... between a rock and ahard place... again...
Page 1 of 1