Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+2
AЯЅфП
Gramps
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptySun May 13, 2012 5:25 pm

Bought a GoPro a couple of days ago because of its 1080p capabilities. I decided that I didn't want to mount the camera on top of my mask because it made me a taller target and I'm already a tall enough target (I'm 6'6"). and I didn't want it mounted on either side of my mask because either my hopper was in the way or I was losing too much FOV around corners. so I decided to try and rig it up to be mounted to the front of my mask. it made the mask a little more front heavy, but it is nothing a tighter strap cant fix. all I needed was

1x GoPro tripod mount
1x GoPro linkage arm (came with GoPro)
1x Tripod screw (took from old tripod)

front
Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! Th_IMG_0260

side
Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! Th_IMG_0261

side
Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! Th_IMG_0262

tripod screw
Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! Th_IMG_0263

inside mask view
Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! Th_IMG_0264

havent got a chance to take any game footage but i will try and post some up in the future, and incase someone is wondering my mask is a Proto Elite with a yellow thermal lens.
would like to give a thanks to gramps for letting me know to post on the new site.
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:14 pm

No problem and welcome to the mad house. lol
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:36 pm

welcome aboard man

the go pro doesnt stick over your head if you wear it right
just need to tape the LED with black electrical tape
but that still is a good idea, just would find my marker hitting it too much
when i shoulder it, might try it when i get my T2
Back to top Go down
Lonewolf03
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 7:45 pm

How's the visibility? This seems like a great technique.
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:11 pm

it would be the same as on top of your head but
closer to your marker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:01 pm

To be honest the view is perfectly fine, it actually works out that you can see the small recording light when wearing the mask. I'm looking into a camouflage case for the Go Pro or possible spray painting it matte O.D.to make it less visible.

Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! GOPR0019
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:05 pm

Does it still work well with your hopper on?
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:25 pm

sorry that I didn't post a picture with the hopper on in the first place, but I don't think it will be much of a problem for my play style.

Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! GOPR0036
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Nice dude! Looks good
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:45 pm

Thanks! Very Happy , and if anybody ever wants additional pictures or information feel free to ask. I will post up game footage ASAP after my next paintball game or outing.......... whenever that will be. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:12 am

Seen similiar things done where people have rigged an ipod nano inside a mask.
But never seen one on the front of a mask before under the lens. scratch
Good idea dude.

Have to say, I think it looks a little bit weird though.
Thought about rigging it to your marker? scratch
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 1:39 pm

slix101, you can just put a piece of electrical tape on the lights (there is three)
thats what i do when I play, because in a forest an orange light stands out like a sore thump
many people have told me that their red dot seemed to act up when they looked at me.....said the red dot never left the top of my head......lol told them that their red dot is fine and not even on ahaha its just my cam
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:58 pm

Arson wrote:

many people have told me that their red dot seemed to act up when they looked at me.....said the red dot never left the top of my head......lol told them that their red dot is fine and not even on ahaha its just my cam

Lmao to this. Laughing
Gotta be a bit scratch :| "slow"?
Not to notice it wasn't their dot though too...hahaha Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! 3696926579 Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! 3696926579
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 6:35 pm

some of the people I ball with
only like to look down their sights for some reason

they always ask me why when my optics sit in my bag
as most of the time i aim down the side of the marker my eye in line with the barrel
then i can see where every paintball is going
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 9:56 am

That doesn't make your mask front heavy when you are running around does it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:14 pm

I had thought about mounting it to my marker, but I have had marker cams before and for me it just didn't capture the intensity of the game because I have my marker aimed at the ground when running, and only aim when I shoot. it makes the mask a little more front heavy, but it's not overly noticeable if you just tighten your goggle straps up a little bit. I was most surprised at how the camera didn't get in my way when I aim, or that my hands don't get in the way of the cam when aiming (because I don't actually put my head right behind my marker but more bring it to eye level to aim). I wanted to get a camouflage cover or spray paint it because I think that the clear case will stick out too much while playing in woodland areas, but I will probably just tape up the lights for now though like Arson suggested until I have time to spray paint it. I would also like to thank everyone for the suggestions and feedback, it is much appreciated. cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:25 pm

thats awesome man, now we need some videos Very Happy

I will try and find you a link for these rubber covers, but i would suggest agaisnt them
as they are just a piece of rubber that fits over the camera and lets the lens, screen and buttons show but not sure of any protection they provide compared to the case

What you can do for the gun cam, is run with it on the gun every other game
then you can take the footage and edit it back and forth between shots of you shooting and your mask footage
I have the go pro and contour so i just use the pictinny mount for the contour on my marker and have the go pro on my head it works well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:11 pm

well I have been looking at these http://www.xsories.com/silicone-covers-for-gopro-hd.html they are basically just silicone covers that fit over the waterproof case, and I would just keep the lights taped. In the future i will most likely pick up a gun cam from Future Shop because I work there and get a nice employee discount of cost plus 5% cheers
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:45 pm

ya those are the ones i was talking about, did not know that it covered the case
hmmm might have to get a couple

and thats awesome man might have to hit you on that discount at one time Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:56 pm

would love to hit you up with the discount but they are pretty strict about it being employee only Sad
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 5:13 pm

damn haha no worries

well when I make it out to Alberta later into the summer I will try
and make it out your way to play a game or two!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! EmptyFri May 18, 2012 5:59 pm

well there isn't actually much in Lloydminster for paintball (we tried setting up a FS game and the owner of the field here declined because he didn't want to stay open late on a Sunday even though 30 of us where willing to pay the field fee's in advance regardless if we came or not) but maybe young guns 20 min out of Edmonton some time, and I know they have a themed tournament every month that are cool.

here is a link to their website in case you are curious.
http://www.younggunspaintball.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!   Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Best way to mount a GoPro hero 2!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1