Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ballin for a cure

Go down 
+2
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Brock
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 1:05 am

After a little brief discussion on the Supporting member boards, weve started the brainstorming process for a charity fundraiser.

A lot of us have been effected by Cancer. Odds are you know someone or are close to someone who has been effected by cancer.

When I was about 16 i was working at a summer camp. I met this girl named Emma. She was from england. She had a funny accent, and was really cool. We got along great. We picked on each other a lot. She was a great Christian example. She was 23.

She started to get a cough. I thought nothing of it when they told us she has Pneumonia, and needed rest. A few days later, they told us it wasnt what we thought.

Lung cancer? A non smoking, healthy living 23 year old got lung cancer? My heart broke.

She left for the hospital. The last report we got was that she had 3 months to live but hadnt told her yet. but they told us they could see in her eyes that she knew.

The summer ended. We all went home.

She passed away around 3 months later, heading home to see her Father.

I still cant talk about it without crying a bit.

On top of that, my father in law to be has Merkel cell Carcinoma. Aggressive, recurring, and terminal. I pray every night that terminal means 20 years, and not 2

so what im proposing is a sponsor game. We make up sheets, you get sponsors to donate 1$ or more for every kill you get. YOU get a sheet with the day, location, and kill count. you get it signed by a ref, or the field owner, or game organizer, and we get donations via paypal.

thoughts? ideas? this is something to start working toward in the next months
Back to top Go down
https://alphablack.forumotion.com
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 7:10 am

Thats a great idea. Very Happy

Or Cerebral Palsy charities too, would be nice too guys.
As a couple of us on here, have very close relatives or siblings with the condition.

I know there is no cure for C.P & probably never will be.
But extra money provided to these charities can help kids affected by this condition have a better quality of life.
Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:05 pm

crohn's and colitis is another good one. there is no cure and very little awareness. All the monies raised would go toward research. for more information go to www.ccfa.org
My son has suffered from crohn's for the last 12 years and is on the last biologic available so he will soon be out of treatment options
Back to top Go down
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 12:00 am

sorry to hear that, man.

what we can do is set up a poll, and whichever charity garners the best response will receive the whole of the donation. that way its popular vote.

obviously none of these is any less important. and we can do more than one,..maybe two a year,.. each for a different cause,..
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:14 am

StormShadowz wrote:

My son has suffered from crohn's for the last 12 years and is on the last biologic available so he will soon be out of treatment options
Ballin for a cure 3696926579
Had no idea mate.
Sorry to hear that about your son.
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:08 am

Appreciate the sentiments guys......ya dunk don't usually involve my personal life in the forums but since this thread came up and it got me thinking about what great idea this is....they are just now making people aware of crohns ....anyways..it sucks seeing what he has to go through everyday ..even in paintball.....he got himself an alpha black so he can hang with me...but can only play half of a scenario game and sit out the rest...it just overheats him and makes him ill...
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 12:30 pm

Brock wrote:
sorry to hear that, man.

what we can do is set up a poll, and whichever charity garners the best response will receive the whole of the donation. that way its popular vote.

obviously none of these is any less important. and we can do more than one,..maybe two a year,.. each for a different cause,..

Great idea! And like you said could do a few a year!

Dunk and Storm - being a dad of 4 boys, I know it must be difficult in regard to all aspects...emotionally, financially and beyond!

My family has a prayer bucket...prayers written on popsicle sticks...pull one out and that is what you get to pray for before supper and bed. You guys (your sons) are for sure going in the bucket!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:50 pm

^ that is a great idea!
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:50 pm

syclops wrote:

Dunk and Storm - being a dad of 4 boys, I know it must be difficult in regard to all aspects...emotionally, financially and beyond!

My family has a prayer bucket...prayers written on popsicle sticks...pull one out and that is what you get to pray for before supper and bed. You guys (your sons) are for sure going in the bucket!

thanks man..every little bit counts :)
Back to top Go down
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:35 pm

sy i may steal your idea
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Let me know if you have questions Brock or a pic of it...its pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 2:52 am

StormShadowz wrote:
syclops wrote:

thanks man..every little bit counts :)

Ditto.

Thanks guys we all appreciate your thoughts & prayers.....

....side note....a little off topic......

We've been offered an adapted (special needs) 2 bed flat.
We're going to go view it officially on Tuesday with a physio & Jake in tow, to make sure it meets his needs.
Has a wet floor shower room n all that too.
So we could be moving in the next week or 2 Ballin for a cure 3696926579
Back to top Go down
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 3:01 am

Sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 3:02 am

n e ways, does the set up sound feesable? is that something you all could see wirking? any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 2:56 am

To be honest,
I think that if anyone of us that wants to go PB-ing for charity.
Should do it off their own back (unless theres maybe a group of you).
Then just post up your details on here before you actually go.
And Post your results & total sponsor money earned too.

Who knows?
Some of us may sponsor you too.
Don't think we need to necessarily get ABF to send it to the charity for us either.

Aslong as it does go where it's supposed to.
Just let us all know of your charitable exploits.

Thats my 2 cents. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:43 am

So your saying have a balling for a cure day where people spend THAT day on wharever they want?

theory is sound but theres moer money to donate as a unified group
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:57 am

Brock wrote:

theory is sound but theres more money to donate as a unified group

True, true.
But think I'll be sticking with the UK charities.

Englands in another recession at the mo, so I think our charities would benefit with as much help as possible.
Especially at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 4:19 am

I can totally understand that. I was unaware that companies like ACS were national. I just assumed it was international. Same with the others mentioned.

I like yhe idea. Unifying and doing a push for a charity day. Like you get your local field owners involved too,,.. have them post fliers, maybe do a special fee,...

i also think we would see a bigger single donation under one banner for a single cause.

BOTH great ideas, and you cant go wrong giving to charity.
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 10:28 am

We're actually trying to organize a crohns charity with the local paintball field..i'll post details when everything is set in stone......

anyways i kind of agree with Dunk about going off on our own but at the same being a unified( i am assuming that being unified means representing AlphaBlackPaintball.com) group means more donations but its kind of hard to get everyone together with everyone living so far away...

Back to top Go down
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 11:53 am

thats the point of this thread. brainstorming...were tryin to figure all this out before we do it. its a great idea. how do we pull it off?
Back to top Go down
Lonewolf03
Private
Private

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:26 am

Is this still going? It sounds like a great idea, but it seems like it hasn't been talked about for awhile...
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Gramps

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Not sure myself, in my area I have no regular fileds but I have talked to a few players and they seem interested in it.

I do plan on trying to get some folks to sponsor me at an upcoming outlaw game or two and have a couple of people witness my kills and then donate any money I get to a local charity in the name of the Baker City chapter of the Alpha Black Forum.

I plan on talking to my boss and see if he will help out, and any others I can.

I will keep you all informed on how things go on my end.

Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 5:09 pm

this is on hold until we can work out logistics
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ballin for a cure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballin for a cure   Ballin for a cure Empty

Back to top Go down

Ballin for a cure
Page 1 of 1