Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Total noob and in need of some advice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
7oxSin
Recruit
Recruit
7oxSin

Total noob and in need of some advice Empty
PostSubject: Total noob and in need of some advice   Total noob and in need of some advice EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 12:33 am

sup guys, new to the forums and new to paintball all around.

So here is the story... A fellow soldier was in need of a motorcycle engine i had a spare one in my garage and was going to give it to him. He didnt want to take it for free and wanted to give me some cash for it. i wouldnt take cash and we had talked about how he played paintball and i have wanted to play my whole life but grew up really poor. when he showed up to grab the engine he hands me a duffle bag overflowing with paintball gear! he was able to talk to me about it for 5 mins but that was all since he shipped the next day.

That being said here are some pics, the gear was stored in some sort of outside shed and it has took 3 days to clean everything and paint it >=D

Total noob and in need of some advice IMAG0191

Total noob and in need of some advice IMAG0193

i had to clean paintball and grime off of everything... took like an hour with a toothbrush (nothing i aint used to) after that i oiled all metal parts and covered the metallic surfaces with gun oil. After that I painted the equipment OD green along with the mask that he gave me.

Total noob and in need of some advice IMAG0197 

Total noob and in need of some advice IMAG0198

he also gave me this thing that was falling apart, nothing a little fabric glue and thread couldnt fix.

Total noob and in need of some advice IMAG0196

The Gun came with this thing on it, its says Cyclone Feed System dont know how it works but my buddy said its super reliable.

Total noob and in need of some advice IMAG0194

now down to the tanks, he gave me a bunch of them. the first one looks important, well more important then the rest.

Total noob and in need of some advice IMAG0192

and here are the rest.

Total noob and in need of some advice IMAG0190

So, here are some of my questions, and remember im an Uber Noob so im sure the questions are going to be laughable at best.

• what size paintballs do i need?
  • what type of air do i need?
  • is it a good paintball gun?
  • i like to shoot far irl how accurate is this gun and is there things i can do to increase distance?
  • whats up with the tanks?
  • whats the little nipple thing on the big tank, and i have a little hose thing (not pictured) that fits on it.
  • whats up with the cyclone thing? how do i use it?
  • do they make/sell different fore grips like a quad rail system?
  • do they make a different frame like a flat top that i can mount an optic on?
  • what other information do i need to know? 

thanks for yalls time and sorry if any of the questions are stupid.
Back to top Go down
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

PostSubject: Re: Total noob and in need of some advice   Total noob and in need of some advice EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 3:29 pm

First of all... welcome! youll find a ridiculous amount of knowledge her, and while its currently,.. well,. erm,.. dead,.. we do poke around from time to time and are still a rather friendly lot.  anyways..

im not sure what happened to your pictures there,.. but a real easy way is toupload them to photobucket,.. then just use their[img] link...

as far as your paintballs, your shooting a Tippmann,.. so it will fire most standard paintballs. Standard bore is .68 caliber. some markers are designed for .50, and others just come different. There are even kits made to fit special paint and increase accuracy.

that thing on the side of your gun is the loveable gumball machine for paint we call a cyclone feed. it uses left over gas to ratchec a new ball into the chamber. Less mis fores,.. no batteries required.

as far as tanks, there are High Pressure Air, or HPA,.. Carbon Dioxide, or CO2 and rarely,.. nitrous... but rarely... HPA is good all around,.. maintains shot to shot pressure better,.. doesnt get cold...

CO2 is great in summer/warmer,.. its a liquid that gasifies as it comes into the gun,.. and gets cold when it expands. its the most commonly used, and does the trick,.. but can cause issues in electronic markers, and in moderate to extreme weather.

as far as frames you can buy for the gun,.. all US ARMY markers are Tippmann 98's inside. interchangeable between their shells. Again,.. atm your pics are broken so im blind but it sounds like you have an Alpha Black.

if you click HERE you can buy the halves of the Project Salvo reciever. thats just the right, so youll have to search the left...

and heres a shroud for the fromt of the reciever you were asking about...

shroud

thatll fit over your stock barrel,.. and youd just swap the internals over.

the little nipple thing on the tank is an HPA tank i think,.. its where they fill it,.. and the hose screws onto the tank,.. and attaches to the gun,.. should be a ni[pple that screws into the bottom of the grip of your gun,... itll attach to that hose.

Paintball guns are more of a group fire kind of accurate weapon. you want to group your shots.

to increase accuracy, you can increase barrel size a bit,.. around 18 inches is a good max,.. and First Strike rounds for any kind of Mag Fed paintball gun,..

as far as accessories, you can put anything on em that you can realsteel rifles,.. its a standard rail.
Back to top Go down
https://alphablack.forumotion.com
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

PostSubject: Re: Total noob and in need of some advice   Total noob and in need of some advice EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 3:49 pm

Total noob and in need of some advice Acog_zps9fabe0cf

just to give you an idea,..

my mods include a cyclone feed, Apex 2, rail covers, custom cobra weave bacroline cover, custom grips,ACOG sight,rail riser, Horizontal grip, remote hose with slide check, delrin front bolt, pen spring trigger mod,..
Back to top Go down
https://alphablack.forumotion.com
7oxSin
Recruit
Recruit
7oxSin

PostSubject: Re: Total noob and in need of some advice   Total noob and in need of some advice EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 6:36 pm

Total noob and in need of some advice Imag0111Total noob and in need of some advice Imag0112Total noob and in need of some advice Imag0113Total noob and in need of some advice Imag0114Total noob and in need of some advice Imag0115Total noob and in need of some advice Imag0116Total noob and in need of some advice Imag0117Total noob and in need of some advice Imag0118

Hope those pics loaded this time. ill upload some pics of what ive done today in a lil bit after i take the fam out for diner.
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Total noob and in need of some advice   Total noob and in need of some advice EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 8:53 pm

Good some nice gear there. As far as oiling your marker, make sure you don't use a petroleum based oil, I recommend hopes number 9 as for as gun oil, it is also what tippmann uses. Your best bet is to find some paintball marker oil, can be had at any PB shop or online. Reason for this is that petro based lubes can eat your O-rings.

Any paintball marker is not always the most accurate, but at 75-100 t or so, (the avg distance for a paintball battle) they are not too bad. remember that paintballs are short distance rounds and they do arc. I would recommend getting some cheap paint, and taking it out and doing some practice.
Remember to make sure of where you are shooting at as well, some cities have laws regarding shooting in city limits, even paintball.

I would also suggest going thru the How to guides here, lots of good info there to help you get to know your AB and in paintball in general. Also the basic training and Marker repair and maintenance threads.

Welcome aboard to the forum and to paintball!
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
7oxSin
Recruit
Recruit
7oxSin

PostSubject: Re: Total noob and in need of some advice   Total noob and in need of some advice EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 9:05 pm

thanks gramps! i have like 15 or so real guns and have at least 5 bottles of hoppe's including hoppe's elite, #9, and even their de-brasser (<- think i just made that word up) but its all i use on any of my firearms so it was a common since move to use it on a paintball gun.

I have been reading non stop trying to get as much info as possible before i go out and play, i am always well informed on anything i attempt! cus lets face it, there are too many people nowa days that jump into all things in life without any preparation, knowledge or know how XD.
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Total noob and in need of some advice   Total noob and in need of some advice EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 11:30 pm

you sound like me, I had only played a couple of games and had people asking advice, I am known for doing tons of research and knowing all I can.
Also I have been an avid shooter for most of my life, so I know how that is too.
Back to top Go down
7oxSin
Recruit
Recruit
7oxSin

PostSubject: Re: Total noob and in need of some advice   Total noob and in need of some advice EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 1:05 am

lol, you ex or current military? thats a army state of mind :)
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Total noob and in need of some advice   Total noob and in need of some advice EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 5:10 pm

Ex- Army and Corrections. Spent a good part of my life in one uniform or another.
Back to top Go down
7oxSin
Recruit
Recruit
7oxSin

PostSubject: Re: Total noob and in need of some advice   Total noob and in need of some advice EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 5:16 pm

awesome, what was your mos? im currently a 31b (military police)
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Total noob and in need of some advice   Total noob and in need of some advice EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 6:46 pm

Was along time ago, 11HE9 drove a ITV (Improved TOW Vehicle) Blow tanks up lol
Back to top Go down
7oxSin
Recruit
Recruit
7oxSin

PostSubject: Re: Total noob and in need of some advice   Total noob and in need of some advice EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 7:47 pm

nice! i have a few tanker buddies! i see you love firefly, its one of my fav things in the world!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Total noob and in need of some advice   Total noob and in need of some advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Total noob and in need of some advice
Page 1 of 1