Share | 

Project Salvo Overhaul Help!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Big Kahuna
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Project Salvo Overhaul Help!   Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:44 pm

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum but I have a project salvo here that's in need of a complete external overhaul. I have a new RIS Handguard and Echo 1 Grenade Launcher (Short) on the way! I'm thinking a holo sight and from there I want some more ideas. I got about $250 to work with. If you guys had any suggestions or ideas that would be wonderful to hear! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnVii
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Project Salvo Overhaul Help!   Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:17 am

Did you upgrade the barrel yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gramps
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim

PostSubject: Re: Project Salvo Overhaul Help!   Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:40 am

IDeas, ideas, ideas, mmmm I would go with a new barrel, also look at the cyclone. Other than that it is more of what is the look you are going for? What do YOU like?

"United we stand, divided we fall, we are Alpha Bravo"
SYOTOS
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
EnVii
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Project Salvo Overhaul Help!   Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:45 am

I agree with gramps on the cyclone too. barrel and cyclone definitely helped my game and give it a great look.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original

PostSubject: Re: Project Salvo Overhaul Help!   Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:26 pm

For sure the cyclone! And you can get a J&J Ceramic barrel pretty cheap too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator

PostSubject: Re: Project Salvo Overhaul Help!   Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:57 pm

Or theres always an MKV mag fed kit with d-mags.
An expensive but very cool upgrade.
Just throwing the idea out there.
Also have you considered a paint job.
And if you dont go with the mag fed kit, I'd definetly be polishing thoses internals too.

Oh and welcome to the forum...dont forget to throw us up some pics too...we love em. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
doubletappingroperslayer
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Project Salvo Overhaul Help!   Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm

Man oh man, I finally found people in 2013 talking about paintball AND Alpha's. FINALLY. Kahuna, some advice from a noob with an alpha black tactical. Use premium paint. Always. Every single ball. If you drop one, it's garbage. The cyclone feed is amazingly reliable and allows the use of the scope. Now that I have one, I can't imagine a stupid hopper sitting sky high on top of the marker. Also, it's powered by the exhaust of the marker. Each shot of exhaust spins the paddles once. With electric hoppers I always see people shaking them or futzing with them and each time a ball drops the paddles spin freely. Not a fan. The J & J 14" ceramic barrel is sweet but I had to do some serious taping to get it to sit well in the shroud. It is very thin. It is also a matte finish so I ended up wrapping the shroud, mag, and stock in black grip tape. Will post some pics. Photobucket? Greetings all.

Rob
Back to top Go down
View user profile
doubletappingroperslayer
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Project Salvo Overhaul Help!   Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:24 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
doubletappingroperslayer
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Project Salvo Overhaul Help!   Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:25 pm

It worked!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
doubletappingroperslayer
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Project Salvo Overhaul Help!   Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:34 pm

Oh and about your salvo.... that thing is big. You need a beefy barrel imo. The J & J that I have looks silly without that lump of tape and the RIS shroud is big and see through. Just something to think about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StingRay
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Project Salvo Overhaul Help!   Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:40 am

I have a DBOYS M203 grenade launcher. The only problem I have with it is that the firing pin broke...like literally snapped and it was a heavy aluminum pin. Just be careful with the pressure in the M203 40mm shell. I was able to fix mine with some JB weld steel epoxy and a steel (1 inch 6mm wide) rod so it never stops working now. If you get the HOLO sight (Replica Eotech) I suggest http://www.world-armyblood.com/shop/ <-- this website has very good sights, grips, stocks, whatever you want attachments for MILSIM, which I'm assuming you're looking into it seems. A premium barrel will help your accuracy 100% while running premium paint (obviously lol). I run a Lapco Bigshot Assault barrel. I have it zeroed in with my HOLO sight and it's accurate up to 50 yards on the dot. TRUST ME a barrel really helps with your accuracy. I know Hammerhead, Deadly wind, Lapco, J&J, Flasc barrels, and OPS Gear barrels are really good with premium paint and can find some for fair prices. FLIP UP SIGHTS... I can't thank mine enough. When your HOLO goes down (like mine...a lot) they will help you greatly. MagPul MBUS sights are great and you can find them for 20 bucks on amazon. lol, sorry, I kinda bombarded you with a lot of stuff...but it will help you dominate on the field. 

Hope this essay helps haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: Project Salvo Overhaul Help!   Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:33 pm

Kahuna, first off welcome to the freak show that is this forum (in a good way guys, you should know what I mean by now.) 

Second, I managed to find a Trinity Accurate Barrel with Apex 2 tip on Amazon for $49.95 plus S&H if you wanna get into the Apex game. You can also find a decent Holo sight on Amazon for like $36-$40 if you look hard enough. I would also recommend the cyclone loader even if I don't have one myself, that's gonna be a definite down the line thing for me.

Third, while I get the tape mod and all, if you have a closed end RIS (sorta like the salvo where the end closest to the tip of the barrel is mostly closed save for the barrel space) Get a 1" diameter o-ring and put it around the barrel, slide it up to the barrel tip, then when you are locking the barrel down, slide the o-ring down and if the RIS has the right spacing, it SHOULD fit between the two and stop any barrel wiggle. Saves money having to re-tape things time and again.

Fourth, if you plan to run remote, get a vest or a ball hauler with a spot for a tank or a MOLLE setup so you can put a tank pouch on. It'll save you a ton of headaches.

That's all I got.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Salvo Overhaul Help!   

Back to top Go down

Project Salvo Overhaul Help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alpha Black Paintball :: The Armory :: Milsim-
Jump to: