Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner Empty
PostSubject: Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner   Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm

AF vet and ex-cop new here. Seems like a GREAT place to be!

I have played many times, but never owned my own marker...until now. Just grabbed a AB Elite (e-trigger) and a 48/3000 HPA tank. I don't plan on modding too much this year, but want to make a few basic ones this Spring:

Cyclone Feed System: Is on order, should be in this week. Researched upgrading that with a TechT mod, but I am not a spray and pray kinda player. The 3 round burst is what I would use more than auto fire....So I think the stock Cyclone will be just fine for me. Right?

Remote Air: I do NOT want my HPA tank on my rig. But there are a few different remote coil lines I've seen out there... Which one is preferred?

Polished Internals: ? Ok...I said I am still a beginner. lol. I am pretty sure I know what this does, but not 100%. How? Why? And is it THAT important?

Barrels: I have noticed that most on here are NOT using stock barrels... Are they garbage?

I'd love some feedback. (I am already over budget though! Oh well...lol) And thanks again! Look forward to being on this site!

PS: I'd love to get some of the patches, and to become a supporting member.
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner   Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:02 pm

Welcome aboard the greatest forum there is lol.

In regards to the advice here goes:
Cyclone-The only mod I made to mine is softer paddles, easier on paint in my opinion. I shoot semi only and it works great for me.

Remote- Great thing to use, makes marker lighter and easier to handle. I think that one of the best you can find is the proconnect from Psiworx, you can disconnect without unairing your marker.

Polished Internals-There are many videos on youtube on doing this, I used steel wool and elbow grease. Advantages to me are a more consistent velocity and it is easier on your o-rings. I was shooting around 285-290 before and after went to over 300, with the same pressure.

Barrles- THe stock alpha barrel is one of the better stocks barrels out there, but you can do better, my preference is the J&J ceramic 14inch, seems to improve accuracy and range in my opinion.

You will lots of advice and feedback here and it will be all honest too.
As far as patchs and supporting membership let me or Brock know, we have been looking at a new forum patch but the Triarius patch I handle those.

BTW we LOVE pics here lol
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/

PostSubject: Re: Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner   Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:27 pm

Thank you 'Gramps'! But let me start out by saying THANK YOU for your service!

I did look at the TechT mods, including the Squishy Paddles. I will probably play a few times with my stock Cyclone first...and see how it goes.
I will check out PSIworx...
So you basically just polish and smooth up the cylinder housing? Less wear and tear?
As far as barrels...I will have to do some forum reading and research...and see if this is a mod I need.

And I am 40 years young...so I would love the Triarius patch! (Loved the backstory!)

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner   Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 12:12 am

The main area that you want to polish is where you have moving parts, wear the bolts are and etc. Here is a link to a thread on it for you polishing internals.
The back story on the Tabs came from a member Wardog Alpha, our resident roman expert.
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner   Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 3:56 pm

FlashBlack wrote:
AF vet and ex-cop new here. Seems like a GREAT place to be!

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your service sir!

I have played many times, but never owned my own marker...until now. Just grabbed a AB Elite (e-trigger) and a 48/3000 HPA tank. I don't plan on modding too much this year, but want to make a few basic ones this Spring:

Cyclone Feed System: Is on order, should be in this week. Researched upgrading that with a TechT mod, but I am not a spray and pray kinda player. The 3 round burst is what I would use more than auto fire....So I think the stock Cyclone will be just fine for me. Right?

I have never upgraded any cyclone I have used, but a marker I bought has squishys in it
that is the only viable upgrade that I know of that works great and actauly helps.
Stay away from the internals of the marker the stock items work well and really do not need to be
replaced with the "upgraded" metal internals which do not help at all.

Remote Air: I do NOT want my HPA tank on my rig. But there are a few different remote coil lines I've seen out there... Which one is preferred?

I am assuming that you ment you dont want bottle on marker but rather in a vest?
If so then any remote line will work great as long as you have a vest or a belt you can carry your tank on.
When I play with my woods ball markers I like my tank on the top of my back.

Polished Internals: ? Ok...I said I am still a beginner. lol. I am pretty sure I know what this does, but not 100%. How? Why? And is it THAT important?

Gramps will help you out with that Very Happy

Barrels: I have noticed that most on here are NOT using stock barrels... Are they garbage?

Not garbage but not super idea.
Do NOT go over the size of 16" as it will take more air per shot to send a paintball down the length of the barrel, 14" is ideal but I like shorter.
As you are just beginning I would read up on sizing your paint and picking the proper bore.
I dont have time to go into it know but you can always ask once you have the basics down.

I'd love some feedback. (I am already over budget though! Oh well...lol) And thanks again! Look forward to being on this site!

PS: I'd love to get some of the patches, and to become a supporting member.

response in red

Also we love photos here.
You need to open a photobucket account (its free)
and you upload your photos into it
and use the [img] code to paste it here.

good luck, have fun and blast some faces What a Face
Back to top Go down
Amphibious Warlord
Private
Private
Amphibious Warlord

PostSubject: Re: Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner   Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:22 pm

Welcome. I'm all about the J&J cermic barrels. It's usually the 1st upgrade I go for after buying a new marker. I have one on almost every marker I own. You get a lot of bang for your buck with these. They run around $30 bucks. Other barrels may cost you 2 or 3 times as much. I've seen worse in a stock barrel, but I'd say spending $30 bucks for a great barrel is worth it

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner   Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Thanks Arson...

I am going to stay with my stock cyclone for a few games, and see how it works (or doesnt). If I have any issues, I then might start out with Squishy Paddles.

And yes, I don't want my tank on my marker! But a vest. I have not picked one up yet. Haven't even shopped for one yet. Suggestions?

And I love pics too! I will get that going....even though my ABE isn't anything special compared to some of the AWESOME markers I have seen on here!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner   Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:53 pm

Amphibious Warlord wrote:
Welcome. I'm all about the J&J cermic barrels. It's usually the 1st upgrade I go for after buying a new marker. I have one on almost every marker I own. You get a lot of bang for your buck with these. They run around $30 bucks. Other barrels may cost you 2 or 3 times as much. I've seen worse in a stock barrel, but I'd say spending $30 bucks for a great barrel is worth it

Thanks! I will for sure keep that in mind! (After I get all my other essential gear...)
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner   Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:03 pm

FlashBlack wrote:

And yes, I don't want my tank on my marker! But a vest. I have not picked one up yet. Haven't even shopped for one yet. Suggestions?

And I love pics too! I will get that going....even though my ABE isn't anything special compared to some of the AWESOME markers I have seen on here!

no problem any time.

well if you want a black molle vest I will have one
for sale fyi
if you want new just find a Molle vest and get the pods that wil work best for
your play style (tac cap(50rnd cap) being 50rnds pods, x7hopper(250 cap) 140rnds pods
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner   Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:15 pm

Thanks Arson...

Whats the 'specs' on your vest? Or pics? I may be interested in taking it off your hands...
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner   Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 1:43 pm

Welcome...welcome! Sounds like you are on the right track! Lots of great knowledge on this forum in regard to upgrades, maintenance and so on...so ask away!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner   Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 4:11 pm

FlashBlack wrote:
Thanks Arson...

Whats the 'specs' on your vest? Or pics? I may be interested in taking it off your hands...

I will grab some pics tonight
its a basic vest
Vaulken Vtec something or other

all you would need I believe is a tank pouch
Back to top Go down
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS
omgtheqbistoast

PostSubject: Re: Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner   Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Arson, if it's the echo vest you have, I'll vouch for that vest being legit, Flash. I've got one that I got from Tuflehundon and it's awesome. MOLLE design is easily the best thing about it. All I need now is to get a tank pouch and radio pouch myself and I'm set.

Would be a good pickup, Flash.

And yes, everything I've heard about the J&J Barrels is legit as well, I'm planning on eventually getting one as a backup to the barrel I just bought (Trinity Accurate with Apex2 Tip).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner   Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner Empty

Back to top Go down

Veteran and new member...new AB Elite owner
Page 1 of 1