Share | 

ptsd, angry soldiers, and road rage.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brock
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: ptsd, angry soldiers, and road rage.   Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:40 pm

So i watched this video, and was posed a question...

yeah that jerk made me mad. what you dont see is the film maker is a paralyzed Marine, and the driver is her brother, and caregiver. the screaming man had been break checking them after they had a near altercation. one break check ended in a rear ending. thats where we come in.

the other thing to note is that the man doing the yelling is a purple heart recipient,.. and suffers from ptsd.

so how should this guy be charged/handled?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alphablack.forumotion.com
Brock
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ptsd, angry soldiers, and road rage.   Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:17 pm

no one has any opinion?

Back to top Go down
Amphibious Warlord
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: ptsd, angry soldiers, and road rage.   Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:23 pm

I really don't have a straight answer for this. I'm a Marine with ptsd myself, and I'll be the first to tell you, that it's a battle every day. The war doesn't end when you leave the war (If that makes sense). Not a day goes by where I haven't thought about Iraq in some capacity.

All I can really do is share my personal experiences with ptsd. I have many different triggers. People, places, smells, words, certain dates, situations and/or sounds are all things that can set me off. The thing is, I've learned to accept the things that happened while I was in Iraq. I'll never completely understand some of it, but I truly believe I'm a better man today. Sure there are things that make me uncomfortable, but I just can't go on my whole life avoiding them. It'd be no kind of life at all.

I admit, I've flown off the handle my fair share of time, but ptsd was not an excuse. Ptsd will take you to some pretty dark places. I also admit, that I've had a hell of a time seeking help. I felt like, I have friends without, arms, legs, eyes, and about anything else you can think of, and here I am, relativly healthy, and asking for help. I felt like I was weak, but here's the thing, ptsd affects everyone differenly.

I tried therapy myself, but it's very difficult to talk about the most personal things you've experienced in your life with somebody that wasn't there, and has no idea what you are talking about. It's like trying to explain to somebody what a candy bar tastes like when they've never had it before. It's just difficult. The best thing for me was to talk to other veterans. They understand. We had each others backs then, and will will continues to do so now, and for the rest of our lives.

I feel like this guy needs to seek out some help. I know it's easier said then done, but it's worth it. I was very glad to see that there were some people with him that were able to pull him away and hopefully get him away from the situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brock
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ptsd, angry soldiers, and road rage.   Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:15 am

from what i read the one in uniform was a MP. I think the other one was a passer-by,.. what confuses me is how his wife was just standing there,.. not calling to him, not trying to calm him down, nothing.

I would be terrified.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ptsd, angry soldiers, and road rage.   

Back to top Go down

ptsd, angry soldiers, and road rage.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1