HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

D-mag pictures and first impression review

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: D-mag pictures and first impression review   Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:31 am

Ok so i have recived my d-mags! and first off they are light years better then the old mags. The magazine is light, easy to take apart and clean. the wiggle room in the mag-well is gone!! cheers they look really good in the gun and make the gun look sexy! and it actually looks like a magazine instead of huge banana magazine. "On that note, i did order the 14 round mags for that reason" That is a big plus for me because i can actually use my bipod, before the rap4 mags were longer then my bipod. The swap out of the magwell is about as easy as it gets. the only thing you have to do is replace the pin/bolt that the magazine pivots on. I did do a drop test and dose not sound solid when it hits the floor but nothing is broke no parts of the mag came off. The highlight for me though is putting them in my vest, NO more empty mags when you pull them out of your vest! i acutally tried to get them to eject without putting them in the magwell. Unless you put some serious effort and a butter knife into the 1/8inch slot you need to make it release, the paint is not going anywhere. Adding to the lack of lost paint, and to my suprise! the locking system is AWSOME! just a tap and there is no pressure on the paint. Sadly i dont have any FS rounds to load at the moment but im getting some very soon!
On the flip side. the mag release is not fixed it will still ocasionally get stuck on the other side of the mag well wich is fixed with a simple tap, but still very annoying. They dont lock in as easy as the old mags wich i guess is a fair trade off for less wiggle. but my biggest problem with them and dont get me wrong they are awsome. is after the mag is empty and the follower is sticking up out of the mag it gets caught on the "detent" -omar- and it feels a bit like you are going to break it getting it back in. and last but not least. and i only bring this up because i paid 15$ shipping for ups ground. the package in wich they came in, or should i say lack of package. they were thrown in the box that was shipped to me with some packing paper a small peice of bubble wrap. wich is a bit under done. *thats just me*
I know it sounds like alot more bad then good but i have only been playing with them for 2hrs give me a day or two and i will put up a video review for you guys and let you know if any of the stuff mentioned changes. As you can see i put up a few pics i shot really quick for you guys, if want any others let me know it only takes two seconds! Over all epic win for RAP4! if they wouldnt have taken so long it would be better. Buts still the upgrade for me, after two hours, and with so many issues i had with the old mags being solved. For all the tippmann players, going from t68 mags to dmag is like gravity fed to cyclone feed... all non tippmann players... idk... i only own tippmann's!
Back to top Go down
RedPanda
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: D-mag pictures and first impression review   Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:01 pm

that looks sick and they sound like they are a lot better and worth the wait for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original

PostSubject: Re: D-mag pictures and first impression review   Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:07 am

NICE!!! Cant wait to see some videos. COME ON APRIL!!!!!!

I have been toying with the idea of trading someone a few of my 20's for a few 14's. I would use the 14 specifically for FS rounds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
syclops

PostSubject: Re: D-mag pictures and first impression review   Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:07 am

BTW PJ...any chance you are going to Hudson Wisconsin in May for the Giant Big Game?
Back to top Go down
RedPanda
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: D-mag pictures and first impression review   Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:21 pm

syclops wrote:
BTW PJ...any chance you are going to Hudson Wisconsin in May for the Giant Big Game?

Yeah, i was wondering that to. I am driving from Green Bay, and have a few buddies coming with me to the Game in May 5th
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brock
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: D-mag pictures and first impression review   Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:26 pm

sounds like someone needs to start up some planning in the big game thread...

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alphablack.forumotion.com
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator

PostSubject: Re: D-mag pictures and first impression review   Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:11 pm

Sounds sweet and plenty of mags to play with too.
Give us some demo vids up soon bro.
And Repped for a good write up n piccies.

Just need to mop up my drool. drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: D-mag pictures and first impression review   Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:35 pm

im gonna be going to a feild soon ill try to get you guys a shooting video and maybe some game play up then. as for the game in hudson im always up for paintball ill def go if i get time!
Back to top Go down
syclops

PostSubject: Re: D-mag pictures and first impression review   Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Well...RedPanda and I are going and dragging some guys with us! I think we plan on playing on the same side...Minnesota or Wisconsin...it dos'nt matter to me!

PBJ - where in WI do you live?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: D-mag pictures and first impression review   Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:03 pm

Appleton, starting new thread in big game! Called Wi
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja

PostSubject: Re: D-mag pictures and first impression review   Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:15 pm

sick they look pretty damn cool!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedPanda
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: D-mag pictures and first impression review   Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:44 am

syclops wrote:
Well...RedPanda and I are going and dragging some guys with us! I think we plan on playing on the same side...Minnesota or Wisconsin...it dos'nt matter to me!

PBJ - where in WI do you live?

WHAT?!?! the same side.

I guess we can
Back to top Go down
View user profile
syclops

PostSubject: Re: D-mag pictures and first impression review   Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:06 am

I know....I know...you wanna shot me don't you!
Back to top Go down
EnVii
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: D-mag pictures and first impression review   Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:10 pm

Whats the price of one of these?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
syclops

PostSubject: Re: D-mag pictures and first impression review   Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:44 pm

One of what? Dmags? Package of 10 is $59.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D-mag pictures and first impression review   

Back to top Go down

D-mag pictures and first impression review
Page 1 of 1