Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

--Noveske Hand Guard Question--

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StingRay
Recruit
Recruit
StingRay

--Noveske Hand Guard Question-- Empty
PostSubject: --Noveske Hand Guard Question--   --Noveske Hand Guard Question-- EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:52 pm

Okay, so i've been looking for a new rail system for my Project Salvo. I need them to be metal because my current one is cracking and looking like shit. I want to know if these will fit or any other badass looking rails that will. The rails need to be at least 10 inches and no more than 12 inches.

Here's the link to the rails http://www.365airsoftshop.com/airsoft-free-float-10-rail-handguard-p-513.html

*I'm running a 1 inch barrel and its 12 inches without the mock suppressor

-StingRay
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: --Noveske Hand Guard Question--   --Noveske Hand Guard Question-- EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:33 am

I'm sure someone will pipe in who knows more...but that is a smoking hit hand guard! I'm interested in knowingif this will work on my market as well. It does look like you need a barrel adapter like the real steel. Barrel nut?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: --Noveske Hand Guard Question--   --Noveske Hand Guard Question-- EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 3:26 pm

Another member here has that one and I think he uses a delta ring......member name escapes me......but he is from Quebec and has a hardcore looking marker.

but a solution for the cheap man would be tape where the 4 set screws attach to the barrel
it will bulk it up so the shroud does not move that much and also saves you a scratch or two on the barrel its self
Back to top Go down
CptShadow
Private
Private
CptShadow

PostSubject: Re: --Noveske Hand Guard Question--   --Noveske Hand Guard Question-- EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:37 pm

ДЯЅфП wrote:
Another member here has that one and I think he uses a delta ring......member name escapes me......but he is from Quebec and has a hardcore looking marker.

but a solution for the cheap man would be tape where the 4 set screws attach to the barrel
it will bulk it up so the shroud does not move that much and also saves you a scratch or two on the barrel its self

Arson, I'm surprised you can't recall my name Wink

If you run a 1 inch barrel, it'll fit with just a little tape on it, and it'll mainly help stabilize it all.

Anyway, lets give you some help...Inside the shroud you'll find a barrel nut, on it, many threaded holes around for the best ajustement possible on a real rifle or airsoft...This will be what will hold the nut and shroud on the barrel itself.

So this is step by step how I did it:

-First you will need to get some set screws the same size as the bolts that holds the shroud to the nut (If I recall correctly it is 10-32NF SAE);

-Then, take those, and trim them to fit flush to the barrel nut when tighten on the barrel.
I recommend at least 6 total, mine where placed at the 12 o'clock, 5 and 6 o'clock position around the nut.
***BE SURE*** to leave the 3,6 and 9 o'clock empty as these are for those that'll hold the nut and shroud together.
This operation will require some filling to be done and be easy on it so you don't remove too much material on the barrel nut wich will cause the shroud to wobble...
--Noveske Hand Guard Question-- DSCF4648_zpsc9d56dc7

-Next, take the 6 bolts provided with the shroud and trim them to lenght to fit in the nut but NOT through it. I also recommend getting some "lock rings"
to help withstand possible field abuse)
--Noveske Hand Guard Question-- 108000-2

Once you got all this prep'ed up, this is the "fun" part...
-put on barrel on the marker as tight as your hands allow it;

-put the barrel nut on the barrel but offset the 12 o'clock position a bit to the right (barrel end pointing away from you), this will help you in the following steps, secure it on tight with the set screws;

-Take the shroud and fit it on the barrel nut (if you feel that you need to force it on, file it a bit more on the set screws as they will be the cause of it).
and secure it with the 6 bolts trimmed with the lock washers on. **Do not over tighten on this part as it'll more likely damage the threads on the nut.

-Last step, holding the shroud (that will more likely be a little off with the top rail of your main body) torque it until it is all straight and what you'll find is a nice piece of hardware now on your marker and fully lined up and sturdy as hell.

--Noveske Hand Guard Question-- DSCF4530

Hope it did helped you out and if you need more info about it or simply get yourself stuck on a step contact me and I'll give you video input live on cam to help you out.

Cheers,

Shadow out.
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: --Noveske Hand Guard Question--   --Noveske Hand Guard Question-- EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:56 pm

CptShadow wrote:
ДЯЅфП wrote:

Arson, I'm surprised you can't recall my name Wink

I remembered your real name.....just couldn't pull your user name out of the depths of my
brain What a Face
Back to top Go down
CptShadow
Private
Private
CptShadow

PostSubject: Re: --Noveske Hand Guard Question--   --Noveske Hand Guard Question-- EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:25 pm

Get ya Wink well, the call still got through so thats the important part
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: --Noveske Hand Guard Question--   --Noveske Hand Guard Question-- EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:35 pm

OK Cap...how much and where did you get it...I'm looking at a shorter version!
Back to top Go down
CptShadow
Private
Private
CptShadow

PostSubject: Re: --Noveske Hand Guard Question--   --Noveske Hand Guard Question-- EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 6:42 pm

syclops wrote:
OK Cap...how much and where did you get it...I'm looking at a shorter version!

Any good airsoft retailer will have them on hands, if I'm right, they come in 12.65" (my version), 10", 7" and I think they did a 4" version....
But can't remember where I saw it...Mine was bought at a airsoft store local to me but closed down so can't really help on that...
Back to top Go down
StingRay
Recruit
Recruit
StingRay

PostSubject: Re: --Noveske Hand Guard Question--   --Noveske Hand Guard Question-- EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:23 pm

Thanks for the help! Im going to purchase it in the next few days and start putting it together.

-StingRay
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: --Noveske Hand Guard Question--   --Noveske Hand Guard Question-- EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:06 pm

Sing...let me know how things work out as far as ordering and I want to see pictures!
Back to top Go down
StingRay
Recruit
Recruit
StingRay

PostSubject: Re: --Noveske Hand Guard Question--   --Noveske Hand Guard Question-- EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Ill keep y'all up to date with the project

-StingRay
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: --Noveske Hand Guard Question--   --Noveske Hand Guard Question-- EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 1:15 pm

Sting...did you place your order yet from the site? Still very interested in this topic!
Back to top Go down
StingRay
Recruit
Recruit
StingRay

PostSubject: Re: --Noveske Hand Guard Question--   --Noveske Hand Guard Question-- EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 4:03 am

Yea I have. Sorry it took so long. I got caught up with exams at school.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: --Noveske Hand Guard Question--   --Noveske Hand Guard Question-- Empty

Back to top Go down

--Noveske Hand Guard Question--
Page 1 of 1