Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI Empty
PostSubject: Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI   Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:47 pm

Just a little something my son and I put together to get players inspired to sign up.

[left]
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com

PostSubject: Re: Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI   Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Hey how big is the game
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI   Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:16 am

As far as players...400-800 and is dependent on the weather. As fast as space...it's huge! Go to the splat tag website to check out further details. I'll post the information later today here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI   Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:57 pm

will do man, its quite a trip just want to make sure its worth the price of admission
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Had a blast!!!   Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:12 am

Well...we had out first game, which happened to be the Spring Big Game last Sunday. In total there were 722 players present split between the Midwest Alliance and Great Lakes Crusaders. Red Panda joined our ranks and so we had a team of 8 guys playing together all day. We had a great time and certainly appreciate Red Panda driving over 3-hours to play with us! My 14 year old son played too...I was a little nervous how he would do with so many people, but him and his buddy controlled the filed like a BOSS!

I was a bit skeptical of the weather and conditions, because we had just set a record snowfall (yes in MAY) just 4 days prior to the game. We made the decision not to camp on Saturday and missed the night game in order to wait it out for the Sunday Big Game. We couldn't have asked for more perfect weather!

Anyway the scenario lasted 8-hours and by the time it was done my feet were killing! Everything else was fine...cleats are not fun to wear that long! Our side ended up winning by a slim margin of 6,000 points. I think credit goes to our team as one of our members double timed it to our general with 2-bricks of gold which were worth $5,000 (points) per bar during the last 3 minutes of the game.

I was hoping to get some video, but at the last minute the bracket broke on my iPOd...so here are just a few pictures!

The team:

Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI IMAG1102_zpsd4bc4d81

Red Panda and I:
Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI IMAG1100_zpsbf869a62

Registration Time:
Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI IMAG1098_zps57755588

Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI IMAG1097_zps0add492b

Ready for the battle:
Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI IMAG1096_zps69f5585f

A much needed Lunch:

Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI IMAG1104_zps6c6bcf72

Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI IMAG1103_zpsab09a4b2

I have a bunch of good personal stories, just not enough time to tell them all! I only wish my camera had been working!!!
Back to top Go down
RedPanda
Private
Private
RedPanda

PostSubject: Re: Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI   Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI EmptyThu May 09, 2013 1:55 pm

yeah that was a blast. I think next time i will ask off monday and spend a day sleeping in at a hotel or motel room, also i am gonna make sure i try to drink more water, gatorade, or powerade to keep from getting heat exhaustion again.

But i have to say it was a blast again. I have two marks i am proud of;
1) got bunker-ed down by some heavy brush blocking most of the shots people were shooting at me mask filled with paint real quick, got 2 peeps and then i got shot in the A$$(that really hurt) by someone who sneaked up hill behind me and this was really close to there HQ and boy did i get angry about that, cause the guy watching our left flank didn't say anything grrrrrr
2) got one on bare arm from own team mate walking back to insertion point, man look before you shoot. had my marker up with barrel covered and arm band plainly visible.

Now that i have been to one i am starting to save money to go again in may, not gonna do September to warm usually and hope to see you guys there next if i go
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI   Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI EmptyThu May 09, 2013 2:53 pm

Thinking back at the game, the Dmags with First Strike would made a significant impact! There were so many times that I could have reached out and touched someone from a distance...so many GREAT hiding spots! I'm pretty sure I could have taken out a whole lot more guys when the blue team was pushing out of the Generals tent...yeah...I had gotten THAT CLOSE! We had one of our helicopters land with a group of Rangers and caused mayhem until Blue started pushing back.

I along with 2 other guys were the only ones left on the East hill...I was using Revolutionary War guerrilla tactics just to stay alive...at this point the only thing I was using was 20 round mags as my boxmag had run out of juice...I had to sneek, shot/kill, run and reload. The dmags FS rounds would have been REAL handy...but enough about that unicorn!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI   Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunday May 5th Giant Big Game Hudson, WI
Page 1 of 1