Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

help! too many ball breaks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

help! too many ball breaks Empty
PostSubject: help! too many ball breaks   help! too many ball breaks EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:13 pm

ok so i've got the feeling of that there is something wrong with my ab marker..
i have way too many ball breaks. compared to my friends ab markers i have a lot more breaks.
at least a couple per 30 rounds. and the last time i was out shooting it got me really worried.. it started out fine but the last 30 balls every ball broke more or less. anyone got any idea?

i got the cyclone loader and a 14" rifled barrel.

please help!
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: help! too many ball breaks   help! too many ball breaks EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 9:43 pm

Nocturnal...are they breaking inside the barrel, out of the barrel or in the cyclone. Each scenario could be something different. have you done anything to the gun as far as maintenance or mods?

1) could be bad balls
2) ball detent in backwards?
3) Burrs on your cyclone paddles or paddles installed incorrectly?
4) barrel big seated completely

Just some thoughts
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com

PostSubject: Re: help! too many ball breaks   help! too many ball breaks EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:25 pm

we all use the same balls and i still get more breaks..

i think they break in the barrel.. or somewhere between the cyclone and the barrel (?)
havent done any mods, just opened it once and lubed the internal parts a bit.

i dont think there is anything wrong with the paddles. the cyclone upgrade kit came with the paddles already installed.

what do you mean by ball detent in backwards and barrel big seated?
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: help! too many ball breaks   help! too many ball breaks EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:34 pm

People who have taken their markers apart sometimes will put the ball detent in backwards causing ball break. You should be able to take the cyclone off and look in the breech...if the little orange detent is facing backwards it makes it difficult for the balls to get out of the barrel.

Barrel seating...just make sure the barrel is tight in the gun.

So what happens if you switch barrels? Put on your stock barrel to see if it makes a difference during the game...maybe their is something wrong with the rifled barrel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help! too many ball breaks   help! too many ball breaks EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:59 pm

aha yeah no the detent is facing forwards.

okey, i guess ill take the stock barrel with me next time.
but it worked fine last time right after i changed to the rifled barrel.. and most of the time this time, except in the end when it just flipped and started breaking every ball:(
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: help! too many ball breaks   help! too many ball breaks EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:02 pm

Also...you need to clean the barrel after any breaks. If you don't just continue to beak them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help! too many ball breaks   help! too many ball breaks EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:09 pm

ok thanks man i'll see how it goes next time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help! too many ball breaks   help! too many ball breaks EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:14 pm

should i undo the barrel and clean it after every single break?
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: help! too many ball breaks   help! too many ball breaks EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:15 pm

Just swab it with a barrel squeegee.
Back to top Go down
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

PostSubject: Re: help! too many ball breaks   help! too many ball breaks EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:35 pm

yea,.. id see if the rifled barrel is the issue before doing too much with your internals/cyclone.

try the barrel,.. if its not that,.. go back to strictly hopper fed and see if its still chopping. THEN if its still doing it,...

take your gun apart, clean it and put it back together. there should be as How To in the section

here
Back to top Go down
https://alphablack.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: help! too many ball breaks   help! too many ball breaks EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:41 pm

okey i will try that, thanks guys
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help! too many ball breaks   help! too many ball breaks EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 1:44 pm

there must have been a large shell piece stuck in the barrel last time or something 'cause I just went through 60 singles and 60 on 15/s full auto without any of them breaking.

Maybe is has something to do with the still pretty cold weather here in sweden that causes the balls to break after being out a while
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: help! too many ball breaks   help! too many ball breaks EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:13 pm

Good to hear, yea always swab after a break, if you dont just asking to spraying paint.

I have found that with 98 based markers, it is usually something easy or when you tear it apart and put it back together it works, and you still dont know why lol.

Like Sy siad the ball detent backwards is probably the most common thing to do wrong, I have torn down mine 100s of times and I still do it once in awhile.
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: help! too many ball breaks   help! too many ball breaks EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 6:47 pm

Nocturnal...good to see you may have found it! For sure paintballs can be temperamental when it's cold. Their is a kind that is called Polar Ice that is made specific for child weather playing. You may want to check into them to see if they are available in Sweden.
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: help! too many ball breaks   help! too many ball breaks EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 6:49 pm

Btw...what is the temp in fahrenheit in the winter for you? Some of the Canadians on here may also have ideas for good child weather balls.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help! too many ball breaks   help! too many ball breaks EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 6:58 pm

last time we played it was about 40-45 i think. i realize that is a bit too cold for regular balls. i have seen some stores have winterballs but they're kind of expensive. hopefully it wont be this cold for long.
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

PostSubject: Re: help! too many ball breaks   help! too many ball breaks EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 7:13 pm

Will that's not too bad! Winter for us can be 20 F and below.
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: help! too many ball breaks   help! too many ball breaks EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:02 pm

syclops wrote:
Nocturnal...good to see you may have found it! For sure paintballs can be temperamental when it's cold. Their is a kind that is called Polar Ice that is made specific for child weather playing. You may want to check into them to see if they are available in Sweden.

Btw...what is the temp in fahrenheit in the winter for you? Some of the Canadians on here may also have ideas for good child weather balls.

Btw...what is the temp in fahrenheit in the winter for you? Some of the Canadians on here may also have ideas for good child weather balls. lol I take it your posting from your phone? Damn auto correct.

On topic I have heard some mixed reviews of the valken winter paint, I havent used it yet myself, not enough die hards here tfor winter games yet, working on them thou.
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/

PostSubject: Re: help! too many ball breaks   help! too many ball breaks EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:43 pm

syclops wrote:
Will that's not too bad! Winter for us can be 20 F and below.

yeah it can be pretty rough over here as well. we played in 14 F a couple of times this winter but it starting to get warmer now, thank god! :)

Gramps wrote:
On topic I have heard some mixed reviews of the valken winter paint, I havent used it yet myself, not enough die hards here tfor winter games yet, working on them thou.

as with the "child balls" lol the only brands i can find in shops over here are GI Sportz Winter and Draxxus Frostbite and they both have a price tag between 400-500 kr. thats about 70-80 dollars. as for now we play with regular GI Sportz 1-Star paint. they're about 50 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help! too many ball breaks   help! too many ball breaks Empty

Back to top Go down

help! too many ball breaks
Page 1 of 1