Share | 

Not trying to get too political here

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gramps
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to get too political here   Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:09 am

Very well said, I wonder if he is going to run for president? With viesws like that he would get alot of votes.

"United we stand, divided we fall, we are Alpha Bravo"
SYOTOS
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
Amphibious Warlord
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to get too political here   Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:50 pm

I find it funny how most of the people that I talk to who want an assault weapons ban can't explain to me what an assault weapon is. Generally, just as a rule of thumb, I try to avoid getting into debates about things I don't understand and know nothing about. I think it'd be kind of foolish for me to tell my wife why she shouldn't use playtex tampons. I think you get my point. This is an old video, but it kind of proves what I was saying.

The Alpha Black usually comes in handy when debating. If I'm at home, I pull out my AB and my 98. I ask the person which one looks meaner. They point at the AB. I then go on to tell them that internally these guns are the same. I even offer to open both of them up to prove it. They do nothing different. It's just cosmetics. Kinda the same thing with assault weapons. They look different, but do the same thing.

Last edited by Amphibious Warlord on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnVii
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to get too political here   Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:56 pm

Lol she has no idea what she is talking about. She must have typed "assault weapon" into wikipedia to find out what it has... A barrel shroud would be the same thing as a hand guard on a hunting rifle... So wouldn't that ban most of those? I hate how people start talking like this without any idea of what they're actually talking about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnVii
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to get too political here   Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:59 pm

Also props to the guy for staying strong with his question and not going with what she was saying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amphibious Warlord
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to get too political here   Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:32 pm

EnVii wrote:
I just want a handgun that IF the situation comes that I have to use to it WILL work. Plus I want something that will shoot smooth when I bring it out on the range. Right now my dad is giving me a passed down smith and wesson M&P revolver thats probably from the 40s. Hopefully I'll be able to get it out on the range soon.

And hell yea it's awesome to get people out with an AB when they run around with $800 markers.

I work for a sheriff's department and carry a Springfield XDM. I absolutely love it, so of course, I'm going to recommend it if you're looking for something. When I bought the gun, I had it narrowed down to the xdm and a glock 19. To be perfectly honest, I ended up getting the xdm because it looked sexier then the glock did in my eyes, and felt better to me in my hand then the glock did. It also came with a few extras. However, if you do end up going with a glock, you won't be disappointed. In my opinion, they are not the best looking things, but they will always do what you need them to, and like others have mentioned here, they can compete with the more expensive guns. Other then the looks, I have only good things to say about glocks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuflehundon
Mod/Marines
Mod/Marines

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to get too political here   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:17 am

BTW, here's a pic of the Glock I use in competition. I know I have posted pics before, but it was with my other competition guns, and this is a better pic of just it by itself. All I have done is a trigger job, factory extended slide release and mag release, and the Arredondo magazine extensions. All of the work I was able to do myself with just basic tools.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teamdevilops.weebly.com/
EnVii
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to get too political here   Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:57 am

It looks really good. not completely my style buy definitely a good looking gun no doubt.

Isn't glock one of the easier pistols to take apart?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuflehundon
Mod/Marines
Mod/Marines

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to get too political here   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:34 pm

EnVii wrote:
It looks really good. not completely my style buy definitely a good looking gun no doubt.

Isn't glock one of the easier pistols to take apart?

Yes, they are so easy to take apart. Make sure it's empty, pull the thrigger, push the slide back a 1/2", push the slide lock, and take off the slide.

Simplicity is one of the things I like about the Glock.

Back to top Go down
EnVii
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to get too political here   Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:39 pm

My friend must have a glock then because he was bragging about how easy it is to take apart. I'm really hoping I can get out to the range soon to go shoot my revolver. My girlfriend and her mom bought me and her dad gift cards to go to the range with both of them but unfortunately he works all week and I've been working everyday on the weekends.
Any tips on shooting other than the normal tips for shooting guns? Kind of nervous I'll get embarrassed out there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuflehundon
Mod/Marines
Mod/Marines

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to get too political here   Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Best advice is just go and have fun, don't worry about what everyone else thinks.

Back to top Go down
Amphibious Warlord
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to get too political here   Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:56 pm

[img][/img]" The XDM 9mm 3.8 compact with extended 19 rd mag
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnVii
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to get too political here   Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:34 pm

Did you get a longer grip or does the longer mag come with that handle long to it? It looks cool I think from looking at your's and tufle's that I'm not into the extended mag part. But who cares what you look like when you run out of ammo right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amphibious Warlord
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to get too political here   Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:33 pm

EnVii wrote:
Did you get a longer grip or does the longer mag come with that handle long to it? It looks cool I think from looking at your's and tufle's that I'm not into the extended mag part. But who cares what you look like when you run out of ammo right?

In that pic I posted earlier I have the extended magazine with a grip extension you slide right on the mag. You don't have to use it, I just do because I have larger hands. If you use the smaller magazine, it's flush with the grip. Here's a pic of what it looks like w/o the extended mag.

" border="0" />
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EnVii
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to get too political here   Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:38 pm

Yea I like that look better but yea i understand what you mean with the mag. That's pretty sweet how that works though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuflehundon
Mod/Marines
Mod/Marines

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to get too political here   Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:29 pm

On mine the extended mag is there for competition. For carry I have a standard 15 round mag which sits flush with the grip about like AW's 2nd pic. Extended mags would be to difficult to conceal.

The XD9 that AW has uses the extension to make the grip a full size grip instead of a subcompact. I like that option because it gives you the best of both worlds.

Shooting Limited Division in USPSA / IPSC everyone uses the extended mags, so you are at a disadvantage if you don't. I even have some 10 round mags which I use in Production Division which limits you to 10 round mags.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to get too political here   Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:41 pm

ok first off everyone in this thread please tell me you have contacted obama, biden, as well as your representitives and congress men.

If you have not then what are you waiting for even if you go through the GOA alerts
http://gunowners.org/alertscat.htm and
use their pre done letters you all need to do something now. call and
write to everyone you can or else this conversation is meaningless.
furthermore they are looking to steamroll anything that shoots. theyre
working on taking guns, theve been trying to take airsoft guns, you
really think they arent going to go for paintball guns at some point here?
Co ordinate with the
NRA gun owners of america, second amendment foundation, citicens comite
for the right to keep and bare arms, firearms policy coalition, or any
other local, state, or national group to make your voice be heard.
why the heck you think ive been so busy as of late

ok ill get off my soapbox here

Im
going to second the XDm. I have a XDm compact in .45acp. i like my big
heavy slow moving .45 over most other calibers. im not fussed on .40,
not on a balistics or capacity standpoint, but i shoot .45s less sappy
recoil much better. since im proficient with the .45 its what i work in
mostly, althoug at this point ive handles .22 .32 9mm .38 .40 .223 and
.45 in sufficient numbers .
we have 2 springfields in this house,
girl got herself 1911-a1 loaded in stainless steel. beautiful gun. she
also has a better handle on .45
my old man liked my XDm so much that the long time revolver/black powder guy also has one in .45

the short mag in the XDm is better
suited for carry (i have a FL CCW permit) the long mag gives u a bit
better grip plus capacity. Through the training ive done i can shoot the
9 round almost as well as the 13 at this point.

edit... no idea why my post os spaced funny... i didnt do it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not trying to get too political here   

Back to top Go down

Not trying to get too political here
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alpha Black Paintball :: Behind The Lines :: Scuttlebutt-
Jump to: