Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
XRAYU132
Recruit
Recruit
XRAYU132

Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps Empty
PostSubject: Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps   Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 1:25 pm

Hey guys. Wanted to get some opinions on what this could be. I was playing last Saturday and I couldn't get my marker chronod passed the 250's.I think it may be the drive spring and or the orings. What do you guys think. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps   Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:58 pm

Was you using HPA or CO2?
CO2 won't help.
Polish your internals too, to give a smoother internal action.
Make sure it's well lubed.
Maybe your barrel was under-bored for the PB's you were using??
What marker is it, to help us figure it out bro.
Can we have a pic of the markers internals, in-case you've maybe got a kinked hose.
Or maybe there's something inside the hose, blocking it?
Do you have a RT or Cyclone feed too?
A cyclone could affect the amount of gas being used, but can't see it affecting it that much.
And stupid question but have to ask, you do know where your velocity screw is don't ya?

We need a few more details to help you out bro.
Back to top Go down
XRAYU132
Recruit
Recruit
XRAYU132

PostSubject: Re: Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps   Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Hey Dunk.As far as the details here it goes
1. AB with egrip and cyclone feed(stock)
2. Marker was well lubed
3. Checked all fittings and hoses
4. I don't have internals polished
5. Used several differnt brands of paint still does same

I have yet to change orings on marker since i've owned it.
And i have had it for over a year and ran about 10 to 12 cases of paint through it.
By the way I do know where my velocity screw is Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XRAYU132
Recruit
Recruit
XRAYU132

PostSubject: Re: Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps   Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:24 pm

I forgot , I'm using HPA also with a remote line
Back to top Go down
Tuflehundon
Mod/Marines
Mod/Marines
Tuflehundon

PostSubject: Re: Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps   Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 12:43 am

try changing out the Orings, full swap. I had an issue with my old 98C not chronoing over 240fps. I did an Oring swap, and without changing anything else, was chronoing at 340fps. Orings looked fine to.

Start there since it's one of the easiest, most likely, and cheapest fixes. Drive spring shouldn't be causing an issue unless you left it cocked for a very long time, like several months.

While you have it apart, you may as well polish the internals while you are at it.
Back to top Go down
http://teamdevilops.weebly.com/
XRAYU132
Recruit
Recruit
XRAYU132

PostSubject: Re: Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps   Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 2:21 am

Tuflehundon wrote:
try changing out the Orings, full swap. I had an issue with my old 98C not chronoing over 240fps. I did an Oring swap, and without changing anything else, was chronoing at 340fps. Orings looked fine to.

Start there since it's one of the easiest, most likely, and cheapest fixes. Drive spring shouldn't be causing an issue unless you left it cocked for a very long time, like several months.

While you have it apart, you may as well polish the internals while you are at it.

Thanks for the reply Tuf. Going to order a new set of orings. I'll repost when I have it done. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mytouchsr
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps   Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 3:23 pm

Did replacing o rings work? I have replaced mine but not chronoing above 240fps.
Back to top Go down
Brock
Admin
Admin
Brock

PostSubject: Re: Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps   Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 4:59 pm

did you find the velocity screw? its the hole in the middle about an inch under the rail that your big allen key fits. if you need, i can snap a pic for you.
Back to top Go down
https://alphablack.forumotion.com
XRAYU132
Recruit
Recruit
XRAYU132

PostSubject: Re: Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps   Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 2:10 am

Yes replacing the o-rings fixed the problem
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps   Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't get my velocity passed 255 fps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alpha Black Paintball :: The Chop Shop :: Marker Repair and Maintenance-
Jump to: