HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What I have been doing since I stopped playing paintball

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tuflehundon
Mod/Marines
Mod/Marines

PostSubject: What I have been doing since I stopped playing paintball   Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:00 am

Well, many of you know that I stopped playing paintball recently, and sold all of my gear. I had to many hobbies, and with the Wife being sick, not enough time or money to do them all. One of the things I have been doing is playing golf. My Daughter and I play together, so even if the Wife isn't feeling good, we can go.

I have also recently gotten into USPSA / IPSC shooting. That's United States Practical Shooting Association / International Practical Shooting Confederation. I shoot the Single Stack division and 2 gun. Pistol & Shotgun. Looking to get an AR soon and start shooting 3 gun competitions. Single Stack is a division made specifically for the 1911. I use a Taurus PT1911, that has some light mods. Trigger Job, full length guide rod, lighter springs. I am saving up to do some more work to it like new fiber optic sights. Still don't get to do this as often since Niki is still fighting the cancer, but go when I can.

I am still not real fast yet, right now I am working on technique, and I'll get the speed as I go. Figured I'd post a video up. This was taken with my cell phone, so you can't see the targets I am hitting. The targets are either steel or paper. I did have a slight malfunction during this run. My slide did not lock back when it was empty, but that was due to the recoil spring being to heavy. I have been experimenting with spring weights and have since switched to a lighter spring.

I'd appreciate it of someone could embed the video for me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teamdevilops.weebly.com/
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: What I have been doing since I stopped playing paintball   Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:03 am

embedded :) good luck with your new hobby :) and hope your wife kicks that cancer in the nutz..i lost a Marine friend to it just this past spring and now a Col. friend of mine has it...

Last edited by StormShadowz on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuflehundon
Mod/Marines
Mod/Marines

PostSubject: Re: What I have been doing since I stopped playing paintball   Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:04 am

How in the heck did you embed that. That's the one thing I never did figure out.

Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: What I have been doing since I stopped playing paintball   Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:07 am

[youtube]copied link[/youtube]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuflehundon
Mod/Marines
Mod/Marines

PostSubject: Re: What I have been doing since I stopped playing paintball   Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:25 am

StormShadowz wrote:
[youtube]copied link[/youtube]

Doh, I knew that. Been a while since I posted a video I had forgotten.

Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

PostSubject: Re: What I have been doing since I stopped playing paintball   Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:03 am

^
|
Lol.

I didn't know you quit until I saw a post mentioning it, but I'm glad you found a hobby that you can have fun with! Praying for your wife tuf :).

By the way, that looked REALLY fun haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html
Tuflehundon
Mod/Marines
Mod/Marines

PostSubject: Re: What I have been doing since I stopped playing paintball   Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:31 pm

You'd be surprised how much fun it is. I recommend anyone that has a good pistol at least try this out. It doesn't really cost any more than a regular day at the range, until you get to the State level competitions. You'll need a few spare mags, depending on how much ammo your mags hold, and about 100 rounds. I usually shoot approx 65ish round per match, and that's with 3 stages.

You don't have to go out and buy a $4000 gun either. They have different divisions, so you can use anything from a revolver to a $4000 race gun, and anything in between. My 1911 is pretty stock. All I have done so far is a trigger job, changed a few springs, and added a full length guide rod.

You will learn more as a shooter in 3 hours in a match, then you will learn in a year at a static range.

Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja

PostSubject: Re: What I have been doing since I stopped playing paintball   Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:43 pm

that looks awesome, well glad you found another way to get some anger out rather then paintball, My thoughts go out to your family, I hope her a speedy recovery

keep it up man, the speed will come with muscle memory and repetition
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuflehundon
Mod/Marines
Mod/Marines

PostSubject: Re: What I have been doing since I stopped playing paintball   Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:22 pm

I am worrying more about getting good hits and doing it right than speed right now. Speed will come. Interestingly enough, I have only done this twice so far. Out of 42 at the event, I came in at 22nd place. Not bad for my second time. If you take out the open "race guns" I came in 14th out of 34.

Of course I did carry my personal 1911 while I was in the Marines.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I have been doing since I stopped playing paintball   

Back to top Go down

What I have been doing since I stopped playing paintball
Page 1 of 1