Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Apex Essay/Gallery

Go down 
+2
StormShadowz
project salvo pro
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:09 pm

I know there's already an Apex write up, but I got bored and I wanna do one.

I know some people reading this have an Apex or are thinking about buying one. I also know there are some people that swear by the Flatline barrel system. My one comment about the Apex vs Flatline feud is that(and not to offend anybody) the Flatline is for people who can't handle the awesomeness that flows forth from the Apex...

For those of you that don't know I'm going to list exactly what the apex does:
Curves paintballs up, down, left, and right
Works as a flash hider/compensator by making the white vapor cloud that comes out of the barrel sometimes smaller and less violent
Makes any marker look B.A.
Makes people think your a wizard and messes with your friends minds because they know they have nowhere to hide. :twisted:

Some do's and don't's;
Do's:
1 Buy the apex! It's one of my favorite marker mods. It looks great on almost any marker. It gives the SOPMOD suppressed look. It also lets you do some really cool things that help you eliminate more of your opponents. One thing I like to do is on fields with buildings is set the Apex for bank shots to go around corners I know an enemy player is around and stand back from the corner and round the corner while laying fire around the side of the building. If you do this correctly you should push the player against the wall and eliminating them while staying mostly out of the path of their rounds. The Apex also lets you reach out and touch people. It can seriously throw them out there. When the apex is set to drop shot it aids in shooting those stubborn tops of heads that stick out from the top of bunkers and on fields with forts you can lay some serious fire inside them.
2 When first starting to use the Apex leave the adjustment knob halfway before trying to do to many trick shots. This gets you used to the fact tat your rounds aren't going straight, their initially dipping one direction and then shifting back the other way. When you get used to that trick shots will come much more naturally.
3 If you get a barrel break clean your Apex thoroughly. If you don't 50% of your shots are going to break on the Apex paddle. When I go to play I generally take a second barrel so if I break paint in my Apexed barrel I don't have to worry about cleaning my barrel right away.
4 If you paint you Apex shroud(the aluminum cover) be sure to tape off the complete inside of the shroud. If you down it will become quite a task to put on and take off the the shroud.
5 If you run your gun at 300 FPS I recommend you drop it down to about 280 FPS. This lessens the stress on the paintball as it hits the Apex paddle. Don't worry about loss of range, the apex gives it back.
Don't's:
1 To help you not have to deal with #3 in Do's don't use low quality paint or super high quality paint. You don't want to use low quality paint. This is paint that would generally be fine in a Tippmann marker but now that you running with an Apex simply will not do. You also also don't want to use tournament quality paint. You don't want to use the tournament paint because it is designed for guns that cost around $1,000. They're bolts are specially designed to be soft on paint so the paint it designed to break easily on targets. If getting hit by the bolt of a tourney gun is like being slapped getting hit by a Tippmann bolt is like being hit with a brick dropped from an airplane. Even if the paintball was to survive the impact of the bolt the apex would shred it. So the moral of this story is use middle of the line quality paint.
2 If your playing CQB stay in the front of your group. I say this for two reasons; so your prepared to do the corner trick explained earlier and to prevent accidental friendly fire. Your probably wondering what kind of idiot I am. Trust me, it happens... If your teammate is 5 feet in front of you and to one side and you have your Apex set to a bank shot opposite their direction you must remember one thing; with the Apex set to curve the round to left the paintball dips slightly to the right before going left and vise versa. That means you can accidentally hit your teammate in the back when trying to bank the shot in the opposite direction.
3 If your planning on using it in winter, don't! The cold makes the paint to brittle and all your shots will break. It sucks a lot...

Tape Mod Tips:
Tape modding is when you and tape to a barrel in patterns to match the groves on the Apex so you can fit it to said barrel. When tape modding a barrel take your time get it right. You don't want your apex to come off or bee to loose and wobble but you still want to be able to turn the Apex. Really all I can say is just take your time.

StormShadowz 14" Barrel Tape Mod

Apex Gallery:
Just a few pics of ABF residents markers with Apex's

project salvo pro(me) Apex2
Apex Essay/Gallery DSCN24522

syclops Apex2
Apex Essay/Gallery Apex1

Tuflehundon Original Apex
Apex Essay/Gallery Apex3Tuflehundon

LegionerBlack Apex2
Apex Essay/Gallery Apex2LegionerBlack

StormShadowz Apex2
Apex Essay/Gallery Apex4StormShadowz

David199619 Apex2
Apex Essay/Gallery Apex5David199619

DUNK-ALMIGHTY Apex2
Apex Essay/Gallery Apex6DUNK-ALMIGHTY

McG on X7OG.net Apex2
Apex Essay/Gallery IMAG0315

StormShadowz Apex2
Apex Essay/Gallery 406216_10151918358675361_666747256_n

If your gun has an Apex on it(first or second gen) PM me a pic and I'll add it to the thread!

Last edited by project salvo pro on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:07 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:30 pm

Rep coming your way PSP!...i 2nd the notion that the apex2 rocks :)
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 2:34 am

Reppage, also here's another picture :)

Apex Essay/Gallery 2012-02-28154758
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 2:37 am

Thanks David. I'll ad it later, I'm writing another thread right now.
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 2:45 am

Alright cool, I'm interested in what you're writing haha. Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:00 am

And mine dude.
Should get all the "Apexed markers" on there.
Like a joint gallery picture post kinda thing. Very Happy
Apex Essay/Gallery IMGP0078

I love the look of the Apex2 tip. Apex Essay/Gallery 3558609848
So much better looking than the first Apex.
It actually looks like a suppressor now, instead of a black loo roll tube. Apex Essay/Gallery 3696926579
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:23 pm

....PSP you have been busy man, another great write up!
Back to top Go down
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:24 pm

Updated some pics! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:51 pm

Good one PSP...so I have a question...and yes...I am a virgin Apex2 user. I will actually be using it this weekend! So if I have the adjuster all the way back (and the barrel centered...no curve shots), is this the prime postion for long distance shots? Or should I move the adjuster forward a click?

Would love to hear others thoughts on this.

BTW - I alos have a flatline on my A5 and am interested in seeing the performance differences...I like the fact that the APEX2 is MUCH lighter! I bought the interchangeble Apex2 barrel kit and so I can use it for my A5 as well...U just need to get the A5 conversion for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:34 pm

syclops wrote:
Good one PSP...so I have a question...and yes...I am a virgin Apex2 user. I will actually be using it this weekend! So if I have the adjuster all the way back (and the barrel centered...no curve shots), is this the prime postion for long distance shots? Or should I move the adjuster forward a click?

Would love to hear others thoughts on this.

BTW - I alos have a flatline on my A5 and am interested in seeing the performance differences...I like the fact that the APEX2 is MUCH lighter! I bought the interchangeble Apex2 barrel kit and so I can use it for my A5 as well...U just need to get the A5 conversion for it.

Ok, at first this may sound really confusing at first but just stick with me.
When I wanna go for the long shots I set the Paddle Knob thingy all the way down and angle the gun up at about 15 degrees.
Apex Essay/Gallery DSCN2587-1
The angle isn't to ark the shot but to avoid your round hitting the ground. The reason It may break on the ground is because when the round first leaves the Apex it dips in the opposite direction. After the initial dip the backspin on the ball will take affect and curve the round back up. After the round goes a majority of the distance it will start to drop as it looses velocity. So you'll take the shot and the round will go a little down bank back up and then start to drop.
If you still don't understand you will when you start playing.
You'll notice that the Apex drastically increases range. If you want to decrease your range just adjust the paddle knob up a notch or two.
At the field I play at the other guys that have Apex's call me the 'hardcore Apex guy' because I generally have the Apex adjusted the whole way down
Back to top Go down
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:38 pm

Updated with another "Do".
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:42 pm

yep...understand. Ill do some playing with it on Satruday to see what it is capable of.

Also...good point about turning the FPS down...same thing with the flatline.
Back to top Go down
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:51 pm

syclops wrote:
yep...understand. Ill do some playing with it on Satruday to see what it is capable of.

Also...good point about turning the FPS down...same thing with the flatline.

My friend who sold me my A5 a while back didn't turn his FPS down when he first used his Apex and broke nearly every ball(winter paintballs, polar ice I think) and never used it again. Then when I bought his A5 I got his Apex in the deal and sold it to my other friend. Then my other friend tried to use the apex tape modded onto a rifled barrel... Smh 🇳🇴... Those paintballs were going crazy... After that game I explained why that didn't work and we tape modded it onto his other barrel. lol
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 7:44 pm

I've got an experiment for all the apex owners here, who've had your markers chrono'd.
Find a nice big bit of land if pos.
And use one of your regular barrels (minus an apex) and measure your max ranges...measure like 5 or 6 shots to get an average.
Then repeat with an apex attached.
But do 5 or 6 shots on each click of the apex.
So we can get good averages for each apex setting.

And lets see what sort of ranges we can really get out of em.
Think SY should do a flatline vs apex test too.
Back to top Go down
syclops
syclops

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Check out YouTube...I think someone has done this test before. If not ill see what I can do on Saturday...bur to make this test fair the barrels need to be the same exact barrel (length, barrel bore etc.
) on the same gun.

As far as the apex vs. Flatline same thing...need the same gun at least and same chrono rate.
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:26 pm

Agreed SY.
Using the same marker and barrel will definetly help eliminate any variables and would give us more accurate results.
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:39 am

And i've an apex/chrono-ing question for ya.
I'm guessing that when u say, set your velocity to 280 fps.
You mean chrono it to 280, minus the tip.
Then add it after?
Cos having an apex, on whilst chrono-ing wouldnt give you as consistant velocities as without it.
Back to top Go down
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:53 am

DUNK-ALMIGHTY wrote:
And i've an apex/chrono-ing question for ya.
I'm guessing that when u say, set your velocity to 280 fps.
You mean chrono it to 280, minus the tip.
Then add it after?
Cos having an apex, on whilst chrono-ing wouldnt give you as consistant velocities as without it.
I chrono with the Apex on but the paddle all the way up.
Back to top Go down
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:02 am

Added Don't**
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:15 am

Hmm, maybe that's why my Apex2 was chopping some balls before I chronoed it again haha. I need to get it chronoed again though haha, probably at like 320 XD.

And yeah PSP has it right with the weird stance with the marker, it's strange XD.
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:04 am

Need to get ourselves some handheld chronos David.
Would be a very handy thing to have.
Especially for you, with all your markers... :)

Me thinking eBay and Chinese or Japanese seller.. scratch

And just a thought guys.
Has anyone seen an apex on a pistol...TPX or whatever? :) scratch
Back to top Go down
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:27 am

Apex Essay/Gallery P8110012
Seen: yes
Used: no
Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:33 am

Eeewww that thing is ugly.
Looks freaky. affraid
I should have said a pistol with apex2 tip. :)
Back to top Go down
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:38 am

Apex Essay/Gallery IMAG0315
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:26 am

Hmm, tape mod?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Apex Essay/Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apex Essay/Gallery   Apex Essay/Gallery Empty

Back to top Go down

Apex Essay/Gallery
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next