Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Army scrapping ACUPAT already?

Go down 
+7
Gramps
AЯЅфП
syclops
Tuflehundon
StormShadowz
project salvo pro
prnelson150
11 posters
AuthorMessage
prnelson150
Private
Private
prnelson150

Army scrapping ACUPAT already? Empty
PostSubject: Army scrapping ACUPAT already?   Army scrapping ACUPAT already? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:41 am

Well, according to a few news sites, the U.S. Army has spilled rumors of movement to a new camouflage pattern. It might be finally true, that after 8 years in service, they are finally realizing the downsides to the "universal pattern". Over $5 billion dollars have been poured into the development of the infamous UCP already. The reason for switching is obvious: the pattern fails to do what camo should do: hide the soldiers. If we can look across a field and see our guys, then so can the enemy. An insider states that the only reason for the pattern's deployment was simply, "'We can't allow the Marine Corps to look more cool than the Army.'"

Personally, I think it's high time they get ACUs out. I know they look pretty cool in formation, but in theater, they are next to worthless. As the son, the brother, the nephew, and the cousin of troops, I can tell you i've heard of too many body bags being brought home because of those things. I feel bad for even saying this, not being a soldier myself yet, but I figured someone on here would get a kick out of this news. No word on when, or even if it's 100% accurate. All I know is that it needs to be soon. Plus, if we no longer use it in theater (thanks to Multicam), then what's the point of keeping it around? Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

PostSubject: Re: Army scrapping ACUPAT already?   Army scrapping ACUPAT already? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:48 am

Finally! Ever since it came out I've wanted it to leave.
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Army scrapping ACUPAT already?   Army scrapping ACUPAT already? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:50 am

i thought the us army has already started the transition from ucp to the multicam...alto its a slow transition .....
Back to top Go down
prnelson150
Private
Private
prnelson150

PostSubject: Re: Army scrapping ACUPAT already?   Army scrapping ACUPAT already? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:54 am

StormShadowz wrote:
i thought the us army has already started the transition from ucp to the multicam...alto its a slow transition .....

Well they are, in theater at least. But stateside, they still drill and train in their ACUs. On top of that, true Multicam fades way too easily. 6 months- a year of service and sunlight, they fade beyond recognition. The Army can't afford to keep issuing new multicam to new troops every year. So I have no clue what their next move will be...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Army scrapping ACUPAT already?   Army scrapping ACUPAT already? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:43 am

i saw the other thread first, but incase they dont get merged ill post here too. who didnt see this coming, acu was a horrible pattern

Army scrapping ACUPAT already? 120232445458ns4
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Army scrapping ACUPAT already?   Army scrapping ACUPAT already? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:44 am

i figure ATACs would be the next step up....
Back to top Go down
Tuflehundon
Mod/Marines
Mod/Marines
Tuflehundon

PostSubject: Re: Army scrapping ACUPAT already?   Army scrapping ACUPAT already? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:32 am

StormShadowz wrote:

ATAC's is no better. the whole universal camo pattern is the problem, not the solution. There is no camo pattern that will work well in all areas. It will always suffer. That's why The Marines use 2 patterns.
Back to top Go down
http://teamdevilops.weebly.com/
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Army scrapping ACUPAT already?   Army scrapping ACUPAT already? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:38 am

Tuflehundon wrote:
StormShadowz wrote:

ATAC's is no better. the whole universal camo pattern is the problem, not the solution. There is no camo pattern that will work well in all areas. It will always suffer. That's why The Marines use 2 patterns.

which were designed off of the Canadian Armed Forces digital concept (CADPAT )....YAY Canada! :)
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Army scrapping ACUPAT already?   Army scrapping ACUPAT already? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:58 pm

You just wait....I'm sure the technology is being perfected that conceals the soldier no matter waht the condition...Chameleon Camo:

http://kitup.military.com/2011/01/chameleon-camo-is-here-maybe.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Army scrapping ACUPAT already?   Army scrapping ACUPAT already? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:38 pm

OH its coming boy and girls

Israel is the closest so far.......well other then the Ghosts Wink

Army scrapping ACUPAT already? Predator
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Army scrapping ACUPAT already?   Army scrapping ACUPAT already? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:50 pm

I will admit that in formation and and such the ACUs look nice, but in the field not so much, the Army needs to go with a pattern like the Marpat or multicam. I have talked to guys that have said that in a urban area the ACUs are not too bad, but it still has many problems.
You can go to your local hunting store and get better camo than ACU, which in my opinion bites for our men and women in ACUs.

Hope they finally get something that works!
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Army scrapping ACUPAT already?   Army scrapping ACUPAT already? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:28 pm

all the surplus store are flooded with the UCP..and are priced cheap cheap...

Active camo is the next step on the evolutionary camo scale LOL
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Army scrapping ACUPAT already?   Army scrapping ACUPAT already? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:42 pm

Lol are they really? That's kinda funny storm.
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html
Tuflehundon
Mod/Marines
Mod/Marines
Tuflehundon

PostSubject: Re: Army scrapping ACUPAT already?   Army scrapping ACUPAT already? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:44 pm

Gramps wrote:
I will admit that in formation and and such the ACUs look nice, but in the field not so much, the Army needs to go with a pattern like the Marpat or multicam. I have talked to guys that have said that in a urban area the ACUs are not too bad, but it still has many problems.
You can go to your local hunting store and get better camo than ACU, which in my opinion bites for our men and women in ACUs.

Hope they finally get something that works!

Even in the urban areas of Iraq and the Stan, ACU sucks. There urban areas are much different than ours. The buildings there still use mud in the construction. Desert MarPat blends so much better with that.
Back to top Go down
http://teamdevilops.weebly.com/
Amphibious Warlord
Private
Private
Amphibious Warlord

PostSubject: Re: Army scrapping ACUPAT already?   Army scrapping ACUPAT already? EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 11:02 am

I still hold a grudge against the digital cammies. I remember being in the Marine Corps and being rather upset when the digital cammies came out. Reason being is that I had to buy all new cammies. Believe it or not, they were not issued to us.
Back to top Go down
Lonewolf03
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Army scrapping ACUPAT already?   Army scrapping ACUPAT already? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 8:14 pm

I use woodland MARPATs. The Army developed ACU to keep up with the Marine Corps. The Air Force and Navy followed suit. Now the Army is moving to a non digi pattern. Go figure. Oh, and check out this: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-army-is-eyeing-these-cool-new-camouflage-patterns-2012-3?op=1

Back to top Go down
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: Army scrapping ACUPAT already?   Army scrapping ACUPAT already? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:27 pm

Funky new pattern.
Wouldn't it cost them a fortune to switch patterns on everything, seeing how they've not been using digi all that long?

And have some reppage for the find. :)
Back to top Go down
Lonewolf03
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Army scrapping ACUPAT already?   Army scrapping ACUPAT already? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:59 pm

Why thank you. The digs are basically a new version of MARPATs. And yes, a lot of money is going into the Army camouflage development. The only reason they didn't take the Marine Corps pattern is because they didn't want to admit the Marines had come up with a better pattern first. So, they made their own which was a failure.

EDIT: Another good article on the same site
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-army-admits-it-made-a-big-5-billion-mistake-choosing-its-uniforms-2012-6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Army scrapping ACUPAT already?   Army scrapping ACUPAT already? Empty

Back to top Go down

Army scrapping ACUPAT already?
Page 1 of 1