Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interesting prob with my Marker >.<

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Interesting prob with my Marker >.< Empty
PostSubject: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 1:03 pm

Ok have an interesting issue for you guys, my marker could not hold any accuracy yesterday. FPS was fluctuating from 225 to 296 using HPA and from 260 to 280 using Co2 I had no stability at all. I had a Cyclone Feed installed and it just seemed to throw everything out of sync badly. Any Ideas. I still havent gotten my remote line in so I was running both the HPA and the Co2 directly off the weapon. Temps were around 101 to 102. Needless to say I am not too happy with my AB atm lol.
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 1:41 pm

By Accuracy you mean in the FPS right?
THe flucuation with the CO2 I have seen before and that range is not too bad really, as far as your HPA that is bad. Have you checked it for leaks around the fittings on the cyclone? Also some of the banjo fittings the slot in the fitting has to line up with the micro line.
Another thing I would do is to polish the internals here is a link to the thread on that Polishing the Internals it helped to get mine to shoot in a closer FPS group.

The temp should not of bothered the HPA at all the CO2 I can see the temp bothering.
Other than that I will have to think about it and I am sure some of the others may have ideas and probably better ones than me too lol
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 2:33 pm

oiling it up some helps too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 3:25 pm

Appreciate the feedback
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Im starting to think maybe my field has dirty Co2 as well. Looking at my barrel which is new it has a thick film layer of C02 residue in it. One of the guys at the field said it takes a while to build up but it built up in mine in a very short time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Well i learned one interesting lesson today that may have cost me 150$ >.< make sure your barrel adapters are tight. I found my problem or I am almost sure I did any how. When I reached out and field tightened my barrel as Id noticed it fell loose it turns out it came loose on the adapter to barrel location. I accidentally cross threaded my adapter onto the barrel not thinking bout it now it has a nice lil lean to it starting at the adapter. Worst thing is I cannot seem to get it off and I am afraid of using heavy tools on a thin barrel. Putting in bluntly I believe I just screwed myself lol. One for the fali list and lessons learned.
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:50 pm

ouch..thats gotta sting...a couple rags and a pair of vise grips might help take that thing off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:52 pm

yeah i got it off lol, it fits fine still but hope vice grips didnt hurt barrel >.< complete barrel removal to tighten now lol no more field tightening loose barrels
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:30 pm

glad you got it off....threads buggered up bad?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:34 pm

They still match up correctly so I think ill be safe. Found another issue too. The cyclone connection was loose and upon further inspection I found that the top O-Ring was blown out probably when I switched back to C02 from the HPA yesterday, my first shot registered a 360fps >.< so I am gonna have to get a new O-Ring for it. Hopefully cleanup and those two fixes will take care of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:36 pm

One more question though are their any tricks to make the barrels seat better. I tighten it and within 1 or 2 shots tis loose again. I really dont like these super coarse threads at all.
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:39 pm

thats odd that it would come loose on you after 1 or 2 shots....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Yeah it drives me nutz. It did it with the stocker and the rental 98 customs at the field too. I figured tit was tippmann. Dont want to overtighten it so I tighten it by hand and well yeah its loose real soon again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:55 pm

All in all yesterday was definately a bad day lol. Even when my barrels are tight there is still some play if you move it while holding the body, unless you wrench it down hard.
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:58 pm

That is strange about it coming loose like that, is the O-Ring still on the end of the barrel? MIne tightens down real good just by hand.
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 6:10 pm

missing o-ring?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 6:13 pm

Yeah O-Ring is on and its a brand new barrel, O-Ring should be fine i thought about that too.
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 9:11 pm

Wow that's pretty strange dude, I have no idea what's wrong with that. My barrel tightens up fine and stays in after 1500+ shots without getting loose, and it is by hand-tightening.
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:51 am

What about the 2 Allen screws at the front of the barrel...are they snug?....the top one has to be snug to allow the feed neck latch to work...the bottom one can be tight...if these are loose that might be what's allowing the barrel to loosen up
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 1:51 pm

tehcno brings up a good point
how hard are those screwes screwed down?

Also is there not an oring on the inside of the threads also that sits there
is is that just with a 98, I forgot I have not had an AB in a while

Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:08 pm

@Arson...Yeah...the only o-ring is on the barrell itself and not inside the clamshells.

That is just too crazy. So you have tried more than one barrel and they all do that? And the upper and lower clamshell bolts are tight? If so it almost sounds like a marker defect?

It would be awefully hard to strip the internal threads on the marker...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:33 pm

If it's a defect you can probably get Tippmann to help you, I mean they sent syclops over here a brand new e-grip before haha.
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 5:38 pm

David199619 wrote:
If it's a defect you can probably get Tippmann to help you, I mean they sent syclops over here a brand new e-grip before haha.

yep...there Customer Service is out of this world!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:33 pm

i dont think he had this problem before he switched over tp the his barrel adapter
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:40 pm

Oh really? Hmm...no idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting prob with my Marker >.<   Interesting prob with my Marker >.< Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting prob with my Marker >.<
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next