HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Which Two of the three options do you guys think should be my choices?
A. Option 1 and 2
42%
 42% [ 5 ]
B. Option 2 and 3
33%
 33% [ 4 ]
C. Option 1 and 3
8%
 8% [ 1 ]
D. All of the Above if possible
8%
 8% [ 1 ]
E. None of the Above, go back to the drawing board.
8%
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:40 am

Or perhaps Tech T is telling me to buy that Salvo I've been looking to get come tax time next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:54 am

Lmfao, either way it sounds good to me haha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:42 am

Cool tags toastie.
Liking the punisher skull & the colour. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:56 pm

Okay so...I might be getting another Alpha Black, this one a Standard that I won't be flat topping, but rather will probably go with a handle rail, perhaps a Z rail for it. Doesn't have the stock shroud or anything, so I'm thinking I might need to do some creative financing as well as modding and make a shroud for it, which I can do, and then find a stock unless somebody knows someone who has one and is willing to part with either an AB or Salvo stock for a good price.

Oh yeah, $30 for the AB...can't really beat the price right, gun only but I can get the other parts myself.

Could end up looking a lot like this...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:24 pm

i have a tippmann stock...no buffer tube and possibly an Alpha shroud

Last edited by StormShadowz on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:27 pm

Storm, so it won't attach to the back of the AB? Elaborate please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:29 pm

The stock is mounted on to the buffer tube and the buffer tube attaches to the rear of the marker...i have one but it is being used..i just have an extra tippmann car stock
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:41 pm

ah I see... You might know this, will the Project Salvo stock mount on an Alpha Black?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:50 pm

with the salvo buffer tube...yes...salvo stock alone will not fit on an AB buffer tube
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:50 am

So does the AB Standard come with the proper stuff to attach the stock or is there something that I NEED to attach to it in order to get it to work?

I'm confused....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:58 am

Okay never mind, I just looked at everything on the Alpha Black... I do need to know still if the Alpha Black Standard comes with the proper endcap to mount the stock or if I gotta order one, if I gotta order one I still might be interested in the stock and shroud, Storm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:57 am

omgtheqbistoast wrote:
So does the AB Standard come with the proper stuff to attach the stock or is there something that I NEED to attach to it in order to get it to work?

I'm confused....

AB standard comes with a end cap, no stock/buffer tube, no shroud

Back to top Go down
View user profile
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:01 pm

Ah ok. I think I get what you mean now Storm. sorry I was having a mental block there for a minute, so the buffer tube = the part that makes the CAR stock able to extend out, correct? If so we're on the same page, I just couldn't quite figure out what you meant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:07 pm

ya buffer tube is what the stock fits on to

hehe thats my AB right there, bought mine stock and did not know that the
tactical kit was out......then three weeks after that...the salvo came out lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:09 pm

Thanks Arson, much appreciated. I'm thinking I might get the stock after getting the AB and either putting the stock shroud that I have back on the AB or putting the current custom one I have on my current AB on there and building a new one when I get my J&J Barrel for the current AB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:11 pm

Okay so I did finally decide to come up with some concepts for the new possible setups that I'd be running if I got the second AB and rolled with it from there. Basically the one is going to be what the flat top will look like, with the longer RIS setup and such, playing to a more Designated Marksman Rifle role, and the new AB would be more a CQB variant.

DMR Style.

CQB Style
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:27 pm

that top one almost resembles PSPs current salvo :)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Except mine won't look that cool because I dunno if I'm gonna paint it. the CQB one might get a paintjob though if I could ever make up my mind as to what I'd wanna do with it, maybe straight tiger stripe to go with my camo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:00 pm

StormShadowz wrote:
that top one almost resembles PSPs current salvo :)
Haha yeah it does! Since they're so similar if you have any questions just pm me. And don't be afraid to paint. If you mess up you can just cover it again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:19 pm

True. The only thing I have to work on right now though is (if you saw by looking at the vid I posted where I showed off my shroud) that there's a disparity of about 1/8 of an inch between the top of the shroud being level with the top of the flat top. To anybody who flat topped their AB, can that 1/8 extra be ground down so it's all level or do I have to keep it on? If need be I can post a video showing what I mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:41 pm

omgtheqbistoast wrote:
True. The only thing I have to work on right now though is (if you saw by looking at the vid I posted where I showed off my shroud) that there's a disparity of about 1/8 of an inch between the top of the shroud being level with the top of the flat top. To anybody who flat topped their AB, can that 1/8 extra be ground down so it's all level or do I have to keep it on? If need be I can post a video showing what I mean.

Off the top? I don't think you can really grind down that much 0.o
Back to top Go down
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:54 pm

You should be good to take it off the top. You'll just have to be careful of the feed neck attachment thingy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:59 pm

project salvo pro wrote:
You should be good to take it off the top. You'll just have to be careful of the feed neck attachment thingy.

But isn't that metal on the top fairly thin? I mean I have way less than 1/8th of an inch before there is a gap...
Back to top Go down
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Okay just to make this easier I'm gonna throw up the image that Storm used. See where the carry handle and the flat top meet? There's a slight rise in the rail from there to the end of the carry handle. Right now, my shroud is even with where the feedneck clamps in and if I were to NOT have that little extra rise of about 1/8 of an inch, all would already be even and good to go. But as it sits it's not. Does anybody know if that little bit of extra metal can be ground down or is that something that it's not gonna happen so I shouldn't even try because it'll screw up my marker?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:52 pm

All I know is, I have the top a little bit above my shroud's rails, and if I grind down more on the top the metal will just be gone, and then there is a gap between that metal and the metal blocking the internals from being out. It's a fairly small gap. If you open up your AB you'll see what I mean, also I have no idea if I'm helping you or not, what PSP said makes me think I'm completely wrong in trying to get what you mean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   

Back to top Go down

My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next