HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Which Two of the three options do you guys think should be my choices?
A. Option 1 and 2
42%
 42% [ 5 ]
B. Option 2 and 3
33%
 33% [ 4 ]
C. Option 1 and 3
8%
 8% [ 1 ]
D. All of the Above if possible
8%
 8% [ 1 ]
E. None of the Above, go back to the drawing board.
8%
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:01 pm

I didn't really throw paint on anything other than the new shroud AND touched up the clip with a bit of flat black (finding out that it's a tad difficult to get paint to stick to plastic...grrrr)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:02 pm

clean the plastic parts with acetone and dont use rustoluem paint...krylon or valspar work much better
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:04 am

here's the latest update. Lemme know what you all think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:12 am

Looks good dude Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:51 am

next time...take a 220grit sand paper and rough up the ball hauler surface...then clean it up with denatured alcohol or acetone then paint....krylon for plastics would probably work best ..after a few coats add clear coat to the finished project :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:40 pm

Storm, I'll definitely take your words under advisement. I'm thinking I'll end up needing to repaint it anyway so yeah...

Okay so do any of you guys have an idea where I can find something or what I can find to level off the rails from the shroud (be it wood, extra PVC, or something else) to put my rail attachments on the sides and top?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:49 pm

for your pvc shroud could you not take the same pvc piping and like cut just the top part of it then glue it to the top part of the shroud to where its even enough for your rails to line up?

Last edited by StormShadowz on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:18 pm

I had to choose 1 and 2 mainly becaause I fall in the sniper line of Ideals lol so number one carried 90% of my vote however the killer on #3 was the stock barrel >.< I know how nasty my accuracy was with my Alphas stocker.
Back to top Go down
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:08 pm

Storm, we looked into that when we were making it, I'm thinking it might end up being something we revisit later. I'm probably going to have to put risers on all four sides just to make sure it doesn't look jenky. I was thinking something metal or plastic, maybe track sliders from a door or curtain rod of some sort...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:16 pm

Since Paintball-Discounters is based here in Ohio and I've found (to my surprise) that they've actually reduced their prices since the last time I looked and they're willing to work with me on a discount for all the stuff I'm getting (10% off so far) they are now in the lead. I also found a red dot sight on there that I like a lot better than even the NCStar 3 rail. I'll post details as soon as I find the email I sent them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:39 pm

Okay after looking at it and realizing how much of a super beyotch it's gonna be getting those halves apart with the pop rivets I thought long and hard about it last night and I think I'm gonna go back to what the master modders said and use some JB Weld after I have my dad get the pop rivets out. I'm gonna use the excuse that I have to clean and oil the internals because of a marker malfunction because it's been awhile since I've used it. After we put it back together I'm gonna hold off on putting the flat top back on, then get the JB Weld together and do that bit of work myself. I also think I'm gonna take the time to polish my internals up a bit. What kinda sandpaper or other option do you guys recommend?

Any tips for me from you guys who have used JB Weld? Anybody got a how to of putting your flat top on with JB Weld? I'm thinking I might go ahead and do that, then the next part so if I screw anything up visually I can easily cover it...read on to see what I mean.

Also considering a paintjob, perhaps some tiger stripe camo to work with my current camo setup that I'm gonna be running on my uniform. I might just get the marker apart, then go to work with some flat black first to even out the stuff (including the part of the flat top that obviously got polished down) and then go from there. I'm gonna read the how to on this and follow it to the letter. A nice tiger striped marker to go with the camo and the vest that I'm looking at...and again, any advice from you guys would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:25 pm

Just make sure the JB weld is mixed properly. That was my biggest issue I had with attaching rails to my A5. If the mix is incorrect after a few runs it'll fall off.
Back to top Go down
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:34 pm

is there a specific color or consistency it should be when it's mixed properly?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:54 am

Another idea I had, and the master modders can tell me if I'm nuts on this one or not...is to basically take a cut a long length of PVC and run it all the way down the length of my marker from one end to the muzzle brake on the barrel (or where the porting is when I get the J&J) and then make the rails where I need them to be, or even use the entire length of the PVC with rails and attach it to my AB by way of screws or some other method...If you guys can see in your minds eye what I'm thinking, feel free to let me know what you think, I know I'd have to cut out slots for the bolt and safety but those would be very small issues
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:14 am

Hmm...I can't really imagine this...how would the PVC run along the marker?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:41 am

omgtheqbistoast, just make sure you use equal amounts and that it's mixed together well. Shouldn't have any problems as long as you take your time getting it ready. I rushed the first time and learned from experience that equal parts means equal parts lol
Back to top Go down
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:52 am

theres also several different types of JB Weld...for plastics , woods and so on
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:52 pm

I took a good look at my setup as is now and I remembered a certain type of rifle that I should be going for the look of (sort of) and when I brought up the web page my head nearly exploded because I saw what I could be doing...

The Bad News AR - a .338 Lapua AR/Sniper rifle...

Lemme know if you guys think I should go with a short/medium version of this with my setup, I might just put rails on the top and bottom of the shroud and maybe do some kinda design down the sides...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormShadowz
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:10 pm

some one at the old forum did a similiar shroud out of pvc...someone Tuf knows i think
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:30 pm

Looks like it would be great to play with Very Happy, but wth is with the foregrip on the stock?
Back to top Go down
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:27 am

David, if I had to guess it's to give you another point of contact with the ground so the rifle is more steady?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:31 am

Possibly, just looks weird...
Back to top Go down
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Uh oh...look what came in the mail today!

A link so the pics don't load as being huge

Didn't think it was normal to get two for the price of one...

Last edited by omgtheqbistoast on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:40 pm

I was about to ask why you picked up two of them haha. They look good though!
Back to top Go down
omgtheqbistoast
TRIARIUS
TRIARIUS

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:04 am

When the girl at TechT took my order I think she tried to put it through without the profile code and then finally did it with and because of the mix up I got two tags. not like I'm saying a thing about it though...forget that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.   

Back to top Go down

My mad scientist lab thread...with stuff I wanna buy too.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alpha Black Paintball :: The Armory :: Milsim-
Jump to: