Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's your go to paint?

Go down 
+3
Gramps
Tuflehundon
Amphibious Warlord
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Amphibious Warlord
Private
Private
Amphibious Warlord

What's your go to paint? Empty
PostSubject: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:04 am

I was wondering what paint you like to use on a regular basis? Also, where do you get it from, and what do you pay for it? I thought this might help some of us discover something new, or maybe somebody even knows where to get the paint you are already using for a better price.

As most of you know, I have my own field I play on. It's a bunch of friends just getting together and playing every weekend for the fun of it. On one hand, since I'm playing for fun, I don't want to be spending big bucks on paint, but at the same time, I want something that's dependable and accurate.

I live in a small town that doesn't have many options as far as paint goes. I usually don't buy paint here unless I have to. What we do have here is JT Toxin and Empire BT Munitions that has been sitting on a shelf for who knows how long? I've used this paint when it's been my only option, but my first choice is to usually look elsewhere.

The paint I usually buy is RPS Premium. I usually get it from ultimatepaintball.com. The cost is $59.95 plus $6.50 shipping. They have always performed great for me. They are accurate, and they always break on target. I think it's a great paint for the price range, but if anyone knows of anything that performs just as well with a cheaper price tag, I'd love to hear it.

I also like the WPN Elixir paint. It's $40, but it's usually out of stock on ultimatepaintball.com. I've looked at getting it on ansgear.com, but it's like $18.00 shipping.

Anyhow, if anybody else has anything they think shoots well, and is a great value, be sure to share it.

Back to top Go down
Amphibious Warlord
Private
Private
Amphibious Warlord

PostSubject: Re: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:59 am

I just noticed this, but the title is supposed to be what's your go to paint.
Back to top Go down
Tuflehundon
Mod/Marines
Mod/Marines
Tuflehundon

PostSubject: Re: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:02 am

Fixed the title for you.

For use in Tippmann's I really liked the RPS Premiums. If you can find it the Valken paint is really good stuff to. In my Geo I like to use RPS Marbs or Valken Redemption.
Back to top Go down
http://teamdevilops.weebly.com/
Amphibious Warlord
Private
Private
Amphibious Warlord

PostSubject: Re: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:57 am

Tuflehundon wrote:
Fixed the title for you.

For use in Tippmann's I really liked the RPS Premiums. If you can find it the Valken paint is really good stuff to. In my Geo I like to use RPS Marbs or Valken Redemption.

Thanks for fixing it. I love marbs also, but I don't love the price. lol! Also, thanks for the info on the Valken paint. I'm actually going to buy some paint tonight, so I'll be sure to take a look at it.
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 2:10 am

The paint I use the most has been visible impact and JT Recreational. I do have a guy here in town that sells core action, that I have found to be good paint. The JT I get from WalMart, never had a problem with it here, they dont stock very much at a time, it runs about 30.00 a case and the Core I get for 42.00 a case
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 2:45 am

Gramps wrote:
The paint I use the most has been visible impact and JT Recreational. I do have a guy here in town that sells core action, that I have found to be good paint. The JT I get from WalMart, never had a problem with it here, they dont stock very much at a time, it runs about 30.00 a case and the Core I get for 42.00 a case

My Walmart stocks JT recreational as well, I use that a lot. I either play at fields or just shoot in my backyard, so I don't need good paint when shooting in my backyard. And my field has a special field paint, that I can't remember the brand of at the moment. I don't normally keep it around because I'll be tempted to shoot it off haha. But yeah I use JT recreational because my Walmart keeps only a couple boxes in stock and people buy em, and they haven't been sitting long at all when I get them. Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
http://myalphablack.weebly.com/index.html
Amphibious Warlord
Private
Private
Amphibious Warlord

PostSubject: Re: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 2:48 am

I just ordered some Valken Redemption. I'll use it this weekend and let you know how I like it. Thanks for the recommendation Tuf.
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:07 am

Sounds good
Back to top Go down
Tuflehundon
Mod/Marines
Mod/Marines
Tuflehundon

PostSubject: Re: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:34 am

Amphibious Warlord wrote:
I just ordered some Valken Redemption. I'll use it this weekend and let you know how I like it. Thanks for the recommendation Tuf.

NP. It's great paint. If you get there Graffitti paint with the brown and blue shell. The paint smells and tastes like chocolate.

Premiums here are $50, and Marbs are $60. But I also live around 10 miles from were they make it.
Back to top Go down
http://teamdevilops.weebly.com/
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:19 am

I got some "middle budget" paint from BZ paintball & it works great.
Shot through a case of this stuff & the accuracies are pretty consistant and haven't had a single break whilst shooting it.
Although I haven't ran any through my cyclone yet though.
Need to get some air now (it ran out testing my cyclone n remote line).

They are "Tomahawk Zero paintballs"

Cost me about £30 for a case, a year-ish ago. scratch

Very good budget paint......would def recommend em. Very Happy What's your go to paint? 96_0
Back to top Go down
AЯЅфП
Mod/Pump/Ninja
Mod/Pump/Ninja
AЯЅфП

PostSubject: Re: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:46 pm

dont really have a go to for paint
but i pick up a box of camotech for woods ball
and what ever i can for pump
Back to top Go down
Amphibious Warlord
Private
Private
Amphibious Warlord

PostSubject: Re: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:45 am

Tuflehundon wrote:
Amphibious Warlord wrote:

NP. It's great paint. If you get there Graffitti paint with the brown and blue shell. The paint smells and tastes like chocolate.

Premiums here are $50, and Marbs are $60. But I also live around 10 miles from were they make it.

I know that Great American Paintballs has some paint that smells like green apple and bananas. I'm not sure if it tastes like it though? On top of the smell, I've heard the paint shoots well too. I've never used them, but it'd be interesting.

Marbs cost me around $70 here, so I don't get them too often. $60 is a great price for them though.

Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? EmptyTue May 15, 2012 2:27 pm

Tuflehundon wrote:
The paint smells and tastes like chocolate.

.....Did you eat some?
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? EmptyTue May 15, 2012 4:48 pm

I used to LOVE the Visable Impact...GREAT price and very good experience with it. Now Walmart dosnt offer it anymore and they jacked the price up on the internet. I used to be able to get a case for $32.

So now I am in the market for some cheap...but quality paint. So Ill be wathcing this thread...

Warlord....they had some Toxins at fleet farm would like to know your experience or others with this paint.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
Amphibious Warlord
Private
Private
Amphibious Warlord

PostSubject: Re: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:43 am

syclops wrote:
I used to LOVE the Visable Impact...GREAT price and very good experience with it. Now Walmart dosnt offer it anymore and they jacked the price up on the internet. I used to be able to get a case for $32.

So now I am in the market for some cheap...but quality paint. So Ill be wathcing this thread...

Warlord....they had some Toxins at fleet farm would like to know your experience or others with this paint.

I think the fleet farm by me does have the Visible Impact. I'll have to check them out.

I'd say the Toxins are below average. I've used maybe 3 or 4 cases of these before because I had to. Out of the 4, I'd say 3 were bad. The balls were dimpled, and not all of them were even round in shape. Knowing where I got them from, they could have been sitting for awhile though. They did shoot without any chops which surprised me. Laughing I did get one good case. By that I mean that I didn't find any dimpled ones. They shot about the same as the others. Inconsistent. I had a lot of curves. I pay around $30 here for them, and it's probably too much. If you have a better option, I'd use it. If not, I suppose it'll get you through the day.
Back to top Go down
Amphibious Warlord
Private
Private
Amphibious Warlord

PostSubject: Re: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 3:09 am

It's been awhile, but after just reading through this, I realized that I never did follow up on how the Valken Redemption paint worked out for me. Absolutely outstanding. After the first use, I fell in love with the stuff and have been using it ever since.
Back to top Go down
syclops
Mod/Triarius/Magfed/ABF Original
syclops

PostSubject: Re: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:30 am

How much did the vaulkens cost?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mogpaintball.weebly.com
Amphibious Warlord
Private
Private
Amphibious Warlord

PostSubject: Re: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 7:48 pm

syclops wrote:
How much did the vaulkens cost?

Well, they are not cheap. The Valken Redemption cost me $70.00. That's with shipping included. If you want to go cheaper, I believe the Valken Infinity is a great option. It ran me $45.00 with shipping included. Tuf got me started with the Redemption balls, and that kind of opened me up to the whole line of Valken paint. I think all the stuff is pretty great. The Graffiti is nice to. At $60.00 it's cheaper then the Redemption, but more then the Infinity. Whatever route you take, I think you will be pleased.
Back to top Go down
David199619
Spec Ops
Spec Ops
David199619

PostSubject: Re: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 8:18 pm

Honestly I just go to walmart and pick up the cheap ones, here at my walmart, the cheap ones are always fresh and shoot straight for some odd reason. Then when i go to my field, i have to use field paint, and I can never remember the name because I always throw out the box.
Back to top Go down
Amphibious Warlord
Private
Private
Amphibious Warlord

PostSubject: Re: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 10:32 pm

David199619 wrote:
Honestly I just go to walmart and pick up the cheap ones, here at my walmart, the cheap ones are always fresh and shoot straight for some odd reason. Then when i go to my field, i have to use field paint, and I can never remember the name because I always throw out the box.

I have used Walmart paint on occasion, and it does alright. I've never had a problem with ball breaks, but I usually get a lot of curve balls. It's fine though for a day out in the woods with friends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your go to paint?   What's your go to paint? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's your go to paint?
Page 1 of 1