Alpha Black Paintball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How To Clean Your Marker

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

How To Clean Your Marker Empty
PostSubject: How To Clean Your Marker   How To Clean Your Marker EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 5:41 pm

This doesn't touch on every thing(like cyclone maintenance or power tube dis assembly) but I got alot of the stuff.

Step 1 )
Get your marker in a clean area and make sure visually and physically that the marker is degassed and isn't loaded.
How To Clean Your Marker DSCN2346

Step 2 )
Get a box or container that is clean to keep all pieces that have been removed from the marker in.
How To Clean Your Marker DSCN2347

Step 3 )
Remove the barrel, magazine, sights, grip/rail system, sling, 45degree pistol grips, ect.
LEAVE THE FEED NECK/CYCLONE INSTALLED!
How To Clean Your Marker DSCN2351

Step 4 )
Remove the screws from the marker shells and remove the right half of the receiver.
How To Clean Your Marker DSCN2352

Step 5 )
Place the shell screws in a safe place in a way that you'll remember what goes where.
How To Clean Your Marker DSCN2355

Step 6 )
Remove all internals but the power-tube and feed neck.
How To Clean Your Marker DSCN2353

Step 7 )
Remove the feed neck/cyclone and unscrew the power-tube and place it with the rest of the internals.
How To Clean Your Marker DSCN2354

Step 8 )
This isn't really a step but it's informative. The stuff that I use to clean is for real firearms. It eats away at the dirt and grime. It can be bought at Firearms dealers, Bass Pro Shops. and Cabellas for about $9 (US). It doesn't harm paint/camo finishes and is okay for plastic and polymer. It also doesn't harm optics. IT WILL HARM YOU IF YOU AREN'T CAREFULL!!! Wear Rubber gloves and use it in a well ventilated area(outside).
How To Clean Your Marker DSCN2356

Step 9 )
Due to the fumes in the cleaner you'll want to move your operation outside. The cleaner will kill all non-human life(plants, bugs, ect.) it encounters so i used a the stone part of my driveway.
How To Clean Your Marker DSCN2357

Step 10 )
Spray the cleaner in the section of the gun with the actual moving parts and let it loosed up the grime. Then dry the cleaned sections with a paper towel. Repeat until clean. For the little harder to reach spots spray the tip of a q-tip with the solvent and scrub the spot with it.
Before:
How To Clean Your Marker DSCN2358
After:
How To Clean Your Marker DSCN2359

Step 11 )
Repeat step 10 on other parts of your maker where it is desired. Another place I did this is on the hammer.
Before:
How To Clean Your Marker DSCN2360
After:
How To Clean Your Marker DSCN2361

Step 12 )
Put your maker back together in order of steps 7-6-5-4-3-2-1.

Your marker is now reassembled and clean!
How To Clean Your Marker DSCN2342-1
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Mod/Triarius/US Army/Milsim
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: How To Clean Your Marker   How To Clean Your Marker EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Good write up, but I have aquestion for you on it. How does that cleaner affect your O-rings?
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
project salvo pro
Pump
Pump
project salvo pro

PostSubject: Re: How To Clean Your Marker   How To Clean Your Marker EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 6:25 pm

It doesn't harm the orings in any way. If you have a non electronic gun you could probably bath the whole thing in a vat of the cleaner(not recommended).
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: How To Clean Your Marker   How To Clean Your Marker EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 6:26 pm

ok I was wondering about that, I know alot of cleaners will eat the orings
Back to top Go down
http://teamdagger.weebly.com/
DUNK-ALMIGHTY
Triarius/Salvo Operator
Triarius/Salvo Operator
DUNK-ALMIGHTY

PostSubject: Re: How To Clean Your Marker   How To Clean Your Marker EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:14 pm

Good write up.
I personally strip the marker then rub the crap out of it, with dry clean cloths & loo roll.
Baby wipes for the grimy stuff.....love those things, there great for anything with enough elbow grease behind it.
Make sure there is no fluff or anything by giving it a good gust of air.
Rinse all chemicals and "baby wipe residue" off all parts.
I dont like using harsh chemicals if I can avoid em...just in-case they affect o-rings or my paint.
Then lube the monkeys out of my o-rings, tube, springs, barrel thread, asa thread & o-ring, front bolt & internals
with synthetic marker oil & re-assemble.
And thats it.....DONE. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To Clean Your Marker   How To Clean Your Marker Empty

Back to top Go down

How To Clean Your Marker
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alpha Black Paintball :: The Chop Shop :: How To Guides-
Jump to: